DHS Hurricane 3 HARD on Yasaka Extra Sweden

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi guys, so yeah basically I was planning on getting the blade Yasaka Sweden Extra but with Hurricane 3 Neo HARD version, i found it in tabletennis11 with a discount. My question is, is this a good combo? Or is it better to pair it with normal 3 Neo (i have tried this one already). Also should I boost the rubbers or nope?
​Thanks guys

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm not sure what hard means, but maybe 41d. In my opinion, H3 on Sweden Extra will be a quite slow setup, so if you are fine with that, its good. If you want some speed, then you will need to boost for sure.

If you want even more speed, you need a completely different rubber like Jupiter 3 or K3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you want slow and spinny, then yes Hurricane 3 hard will be the best option. But it really is very slow, so you should be prepared.

For booster, Seamoon is generally the most common booster for amateur players. There are more professional boosters as well, but not necessary.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Xd I like how you say You should be prepared. Oh and last question, Revolution No. 3 normal viscosity is it a good glue? And how many layers of glue should I apply on blade and rubber

I've never used that glue before, but I'm sure it's fine. It's just glue, so anything works. I always just do 1 layer of glue on blade and rubber, never have any problems.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Omg yeah I wanted to try slow but spinny. Will this setup make it? Btw, what products can you recommend me to boost the rubber, I was looking in tabletennis11 and I found Haifu Seamoon as booster annnd mm Revolution No. 3 Normal Viscosity Glue

I prefer Revo No. 3 with high viscosity, otherwise it may be too "runny" (if that is the right word). And the FTL (Falco Tempo Long) is for me nicer to work with, Seamoon is a bit like nose-mucus. Everyone has his own preference, this is mine, no need to start holy ... :)

The glue - I use at least 2 layers on the sponge, and at least 1 on the blade, sometimes 3 and 2. If you put more glue, it is easier to remove from the sponge later. I hate removing glue.

H3 or H3 Neo doesn't matter. The question is whether you will like the feeling of this dense sponge. Some like it, some don't. The H3 hard will be approx. H40, the commercial is usually a bit softer, not very exact. If you boost, start with 1 thin layer of the booster.

If you happen to like the H3, it may be hard to stop. I wish I could. H3 provincial is getting more expensive. I'm glad that some people here share this sentiment. Eventually a H3-like H41+ rubber will be discovered for 1/3 of the price :) Cheers.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I prefer Revo No. 3 with high viscosity, otherwise it may be too "runny" (if that is the right word). And the FTL (Falco Tempo Long) is for me nicer to work with, Seamoon is a bit like nose-mucus. Everyone has his own preference, this is mine, no need to start holy ... :)

The glue - I use at least 2 layers on the sponge, and at least 1 on the blade, sometimes 3 and 2. If you put more glue, it is easier to remove from the sponge later. I hate removing glue.

H3 or H3 Neo doesn't matter. The question is whether you will like the feeling of this dense sponge. Some like it, some don't. The H3 hard will be approx. H40, the commercial is usually a bit softer, not very exact. If you boost, start with 1 thin layer of the booster.

If you happen to like the H3, it may be hard to stop. I wish I could. H3 provincial is getting more expensive. I'm glad that some people here share this sentiment. Eventually a H3-like H41+ rubber will be discovered for 1/3 of the price :) Cheers.

As later editions of H3 are not as sticky as the previous ones I find Loki Rxton 5 is the answer. It not only is sticky, it remains sticky for very long time.
AND it is hard, lasts much longer than H3 too.
I agree that Revo 3 is a great glue and I also use the thicker version , 1 sometimes 2 layers on the blade and 2 sometimes 3 layers on the rubber.

P.S. As for MZ's comment : """"I Hurricane 3 hard will be the best option. But it really is very slow. """""" it shows his ignorance about the proper techniques needed to play with these rubbers .

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'm not sure what hard means, but maybe 41d. In my opinion, H3 on Sweden Extra will be a quite slow setup, so if you are fine with that, its good. If you want some speed, then you will need to boost for sure.

If you want even more speed, you need a completely different rubber like Jupiter 3 or K3

DHS commercial rubbers' QC is not good enough to pass EU regulations as a 40 degree rubber may actually be 42 degrees or 38 degrees, for example. So instead of labeling their commercial versions a specific degree, they label them soft, medium, or hard. Hard probably means most rubbers are 40-42 degrees in this hardness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

As later editions of H3 are not as sticky as the previous ones I find Loki Rxton 5 is the answer. It not only is sticky, it remains sticky for very long time.
AND it is hard, lasts much longer than H3 too.
I agree that Revo 3 is a great glue and I also use the thicker version , 1 sometimes 2 layers on the blade and 2 sometimes 3 layers on the rubber.

P.S. As for MZ's comment : """"I Hurricane 3 hard will be the best option. But it really is very slow. """""" it shows his ignorance about the proper techniques needed to play with these rubbers .

Ohh, but then is it a fine combination Yasaka Sweden Extra + Neo 3 HARD? or would they be a better pair for Xiom Offensive S.

My objective is to develop my technique no matter if they are slow or no powerful

The rubbers I'm talking about are these
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-3-neo-hard

BTW HaifuSeamoonBooster and Revolution3 Glue have bad smell? cause my Donic blade have really baaad smell and I never knew why, it came with that smell when i first opened it

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Ohh, but then is it a fine combination Yasaka Sweden Extra + Neo 3 HARD? or would they be a better pair for Xiom Offensive S.

My objective is to develop my technique no matter if they are slow or no powerful

The rubbers I'm talking about are these
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-3-neo-hard

BTW HaifuSeamoonBooster and Revolution3 Glue have bad smell? cause my Donic blade have really baaad smell and I never knew why, it came with that smell when i first opened it

How could I recommend any kind of setup if we do not know what your TT-skills are ???
Would you like to tell us something about that ?

On your Q re glue/booster smell : Seamoon smells very little and revo3 has an ammonia smell. Both have virtually no smell at all once
they dried on the sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I think its fairly well established that H3 without booster has a fairly dead feeling because it doesn't rebound much off the rubber. It requires a lot of racket head speed to reach its top speed.

If you're goal is to develop proper techniques, then I really think your H3 and Vega setup is very nice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
From my experience the harder sponged Hurricane 3 rubbers work much better with a harder/stiffer blade. But this is just my experience. And if you have Hurricane like rubbers with softer sponges, it works good with both.

A harder sponged rubber benefits of playing more aggressively and try to hit the ball at the highest point, as the arc is lower.

I usually boost my rubbers with Haifu Seamoon Booster as I feel that it works best with Chinese rubbers for me.

I also use TT Revolution No.3 Glue in Normal Viscosity. Yes it's a bit runny, but works good for me. Generally I use three layers on the sponge and two on the blade, and put it in a (TT Revolution No.3) racket press for a couple of hours. Especially if it's boosted, and a bit curled.

Compared to the H3N that you've tried. Are you looking for a slower, and spinnier setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
From my experience the harder sponged Hurricane 3 rubbers work much better with a harder/stiffer blade. But this is just my experience. And if you have Hurricane like rubbers with softer sponges, it works good with both.

A harder sponged rubber benefits of playing more aggressively and try to hit the ball at the highest point, as the arc is lower.

I usually boost my rubbers with Haifu Seamoon Booster as I feel that it works best with Chinese rubbers for me.

I also use TT Revolution No.3 Glue in Normal Viscosity. Yes it's a bit runny, but works good for me. Generally I use three layers on the sponge and two on the blade, and put it in a (TT Revolution No.3) racket press for a couple of hours. Especially if it's boosted, and a bit curled.

Compared to the H3N that you've tried. Are you looking for a slower, and spinnier setup?

Yeah I wanted a good setup for learning techniques, and everything with a Chinese style since I love this style. I've been searching for more blades and I found one called DHS PG-7, I've read is faster but is good for learning technique from beginner to advance, paired with Hurricane 3 Neo rubbers. Is this a good blade?
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-power-g7-off

Btw I found other glue called, DHS Aquatic Glue No15, this one have any smell? and how differs from Revolution No.3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Yeah I wanted a good setup for learning techniques, and everything with a Chinese style since I love this style. I've been searching for more blades and I found one called DHS PG-7, I've read is faster but is good for learning technique from beginner to advance, paired with Hurricane 3 Neo rubbers. Is this a good blade?
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-power-g7-off

Btw I found other glue called, DHS Aquatic Glue No15, this one have any smell? and how differs from Revolution No.3.

The DHS PG-7 I haven't tried, but it's a fast blade so it would surely work good. I have tried some others that work fine like DHS PG-5X, Sanwei HC-5S, Yinhe V14 PRO, Sanwei EX-C Froster, 729 Yellow Arylate Carbon. Most ALC and Carbon blades work really good. I've also tried faster/harder all wooden blades like DHS PG-9 and Sanwei V5 PRO and they work really good as well.

The DHS glue is more like ordinary glue, a bit thicker than the Revolution No 3 Normal Viscosity glue. Also a really good glue I've heard. It probably doesn't smell much like most VOC free glues.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi guys, so yeah basically I was planning on getting the blade Yasaka Sweden Extra but with Hurricane 3 Neo HARD version, i found it in tabletennis11 with a discount. My question is, is this a good combo? Or is it better to pair it with normal 3 Neo (i have tried this one already). Also should I boost the rubbers or nope?
Thanks guys
Hurricane 3 hard is just the higher sponge hardness hurricane 3. Just make sure you buy the neo. As for booster, the seamoon should be fine, but dies off quickly. The haifu national is a better option, but it's also much stronger. The orange is for feeling and elasticity, gives good control and ok speed, black makes the rubber rock hard and makes it very fast, it's supposed to be similar to what the Chinese use, but unusable for most. And the white liquid is the in between.

says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
Hurricane 3 hard is just the higher sponge hardness hurricane 3. Just make sure you buy the neo. As for booster, the seamoon should be fine, but dies off quickly. The haifu national is a better option, but it's also much stronger. The orange is for feeling and elasticity, gives good control and ok speed, black makes the rubber rock hard and makes it very fast, it's supposed to be similar to what the Chinese use, but unusable for most. And the white liquid is the in between.

why are you bumping old threads dude