DHS Hurricane G where did you go ????

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Looks like this one was a flop that came and went without making any big waves RIP or has anybody got anything
good to say about it ? 😂

and please don't tell me you like the color of the handle because that is what makes it so attractive for me
Screenshot%202023%2001%2018%20at%2010%2030%2047%20H0d9eda1af1d84c7db3a173c171abb841g%20jpg%20WEBP%20Image%20800%20800%20pixels%20Scaled%2046%20png.png

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Looks like this one was a flop that came and went without making any big waves RIP or has anybody got anything
good to say about it ? 😂

and please don't tell me you like the color of the handle because that is what makes it so attractive for me

I quite liked the color of the handle too!

It has one side koto and one side limba, correct?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

I quite liked the color of the handle too!

It has one side koto and one side limba, correct?

well, yes, some say it has Limba/koto, as in a soft side and a hard side. Others say it is limba/ayous.
The question of the composition of the laminate was a decent size discussion and confusion when the blade
came out , created by conflicting publications and descriptions.
I honestly don't care much about what it is , I just wonder if there are any exited users of this blade around.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Oh yes, it is current , when I asked : Were has it gone, I did not try to imply that some aliens came
and took them all to another planet. I always knew I could buy one .
BUT : I never saw one
I never met anybody with one
Nobody talks about it
Nobody wrote a review
and last but not least ....nobody is selling any because nobody is buying them
W H Y ????????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think most peeps are attracted by the same several blades by DHS, this one is too "different" but maybe he does well in China?

its not on the list of "recommended" blades my DHS contact said I should look into.
however, DHS has a huge list of blades and many others are not on that list too.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Oh yes, it is current , when I asked : Were has it gone, I did not try to imply that some aliens came
and took them all to another planet. I always knew I could buy one .
BUT : I never saw one
I never met anybody with one
Nobody talks about it
Nobody wrote a review
and last but not least ....nobody is selling any because nobody is buying them
W H Y ????????

Here's a review video by table tennis Gan. There's no subtitle though. I'll try to summarise it:

- Hurricane G is a commercial version of W-965, which was used by Zhu Yuling at some point
- Tested with 40 deg Neo H3 on FH, 37 deg Provincial H3 on BH
- According to DHS, FH side would feel harder than BH side due to different top ply (Limba on FH, Ayous on BH)
- 186 g with rubbers. So the blade's weight is probably moderate (80-90 g)
- FH drive: feels hard but hollow, not very bouncy, significant vibration
- FH block: good arc, easy to take pace off, quality not very high. Feels thin against hard shots
- FH loop: powerloop better than brush loop, a bit "meaty" (mushy?), not very fast. Difficult to control, the arc varies quite a bit, sweetspot feels inconsistent
- BH drive: also feels hard but in general better than FH
- BH loop: feels better than FH, but still hard, not very easy to control
- sidestep FH loop: Small handle so feels like the bat is gonna slip out of the hand. Low ceiling (limited top power), easy to loop but also easy for opponent to block back
- BH block: generally better than FH
- touch shot: surprisingly hard to control. sometimes short pushes pop up unexpectedly
- FH-BH transition: Very good, easy to generate spin with compact movement.

Summary: If you are intermediate level (1700-1800 in China. Probably <=2000 USTTA?), this blade can help with your consistency. If you are advanced player who can generate lots of power, then this blade becomes unstable. Not a very powerful blade, Gan reached its ceiling with about 80% power. Surprisingly hard, Euro/Japanese rubbers are probably more suitable for BH.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Here's a review video by table tennis Gan. There's no subtitle though. I'll try to summarise it:

- Hurricane G is a commercial version of W-965, which was used by Zhu Yuling at some point
- According to DHS, FH side would feel harder than BH side due to different top ply (Limba on FH, Ayous on BH)
- FH block: good arc, easy to take pace off, quality not very high. Feels thin against hard shots
- FH loop: powerloop better than brush loop, a bit "meaty" (mushy?), not very fast. Difficult to control, the arc varies quite a bit, sweetspot feels inconsistent
- sidestep FH loop: Small handle so feels like the bat is gonna slip out of the hand. Low ceiling (limited top power), easy to loop but also easy for opponent to block back
- touch shot: surprisingly hard to control. sometimes short pushes pop up unexpectedly

Summary: If you are intermediate level (1700-1800 in China. Probably <=2000 USTTA?), this blade can help with your consistency. If you are advanced player who can generate lots of power, then this blade becomes unstable. Not a very powerful blade, Gan reached its ceiling with about 80% power. Surprisingly hard, Euro/Japanese rubbers are probably more suitable for BH.
Thank you very much for giving me this inside. Very kind of you
to make this translation and post the video.
I think we now know why this blade never became the big seller.
I for one am healed. ;)

• Love
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Yes thank you very much for translating and great summary!

Funnily enough, I chanced upon this blade in the CPen grip as it was a gift from a friend. Does anyone have any recommendations for forehand rubbers?

I am thinking of Tibhar Evolutiom MX-P50 for the backhand.

For the forehand, I was thinking of either Xiom Tau 2, Battle 3 or Battle 2 National.

Would anyone care to weigh in?

Reactions: Attitude
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Funnily enough, I chanced upon this blade in the CPen grip as it was a gift from a friend. Does anyone have any recommendations for forehand rubbers?

I am thinking of Tibhar Evolutiom MX-P50 for the backhand.

For the forehand, I was thinking of either Xiom Tau 2, Battle 3 or Battle 2 National.

Would anyone care to weigh in?
OMG 🤣 just when you think it is safe to go into the water......
I have been googling this blade again and this thread came up. I can't help with the choice of rubbers but can tell you that you are not alone. While "strolling" through Potts website I found this blade advertised again . I pressed the FL -handle choice and it came up as in stock so I will soon be the (un-) lucky owner. He will likely send me a Cpen version, ignoring the fact that i ordered FL version.
What rubbers did you ended up using ???

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp