difference between Buttfly Viscaria and Innerforce ALC.S?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
In terms of composition:

Viscaria: Koto│ALC│Limba│Kiri│Lima│ALC│Koto (~5.8 mm / ~90g)

Inner ALC S.: Limba│Spruce│ALC│Ayous│ALC│Spruce│Limba* (~5.5 mm / ~92g)
*I place an asterisk on the Limba outer ply due to inconsistency of photos. I am led to believe that the top ply may be a layer of Anigre. Though I have never personally examined/played one, I have made many blades, and many ALC S. photos appear to show grain characteristics more in line with Anigre rather than Limba (Anigre would be a better performing veneer given the blades thinness)

This user has no status.
If you are thinking of getting them, i recommend not getting the ALC.S. For me, its kind of a 'nothing blade', as its very thin and slow.

I see that your current blade is the fortino performance, which would be thick due to the 9 ply structure, so if you would like to choose one similiar to that, i reccomend the Ovtcharov ALC. However this has a similar speed level to the Viscaria, which may not be ideal, and if not, I recommend the normal Innerforce ALC.

Just my little insights on the blade, a choice between ALC.S and Viscaria is different due to the speed, feeling and thickness difference of the two.

This user has no status.
Ok, how about the difference between Viscaria, Ovtcharov ALC and Timo Boll ALC?
Boll ALC is an outer carbon, and has a koto outer ply. This makes the blade have a lot less feeling than the Ovtcharov ALC. However the blade is much faster.

The Ovtcharov ALC is very similar to the Innerforce ALC with just a thicker core and medial ply. This makes the blade well thicker and faster than the Innerforce ALC with a lot more 'crisp feeling'. It has more dwell time that the Boll ALC but is the tiniest bit slower.

To be honest though, the Viscaria, Boll ALC, Boll spirit and FZD ALC are very similar. If you are not fussy get the cheaper of the lot.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Innerforce is like a woman; soft, caressing the ball gently. Increasing contact time make, you get a long stroke feel.

Viscaria is like a man; crisp, hard & punchy. You feel that punch / snap.

Be a man! Do the right thing...

p/s Don't listen to me, I only use one ply hinoki.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
It is actually more appropriate to compare BTY Innerforce Layer ALC (limba outerply, 6.0 mm thickness) to Viscaria.
They are not the same, but at least closer in speed.

BTY Innerforce Layer ALC.S is thin (5.5 mm??) with Spruce as outerlayer. It is flexible and feels like allwood. Speed is also slower compared to Innerforce Layer ALC and Viscaria.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Minor correction: ALC.S outer layer is limba, second layer is spruce.

Ah, you are correct. The second layer is spruce. Thank you for the correction.

However, I need to check again for the top layer (out of curiosity). If I remember correctly, it is not limba but something else. Because the grain is quite different and the surface is very smooth.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
If you are thinking of getting them, i recommend not getting the ALC.S. For me, its kind of a 'nothing blade', as its very thin and slow.

I see that your current blade is the fortino performance, which would be thick due to the 9 ply structure, so if you would like to choose one similiar to that, i reccomend the Ovtcharov ALC. However this has a similar speed level to the Viscaria, which may not be ideal, and if not, I recommend the normal Innerforce ALC.

Just my little insights on the blade, a choice between ALC.S and Viscaria is different due to the speed, feeling and thickness difference of the two.
I have the the ALC.S and I totally agree

Reactions: PaddyPolar