[Discontinued] Stiga Titanium racket series infos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
My coach's old paddle - Stiga Titanium WRB

poster from another forum said he saw from tak9 back then that it has same composition with
Donic Crisan Titanium
Limba – Abachi – Titan – ABACHI – Titan – Abachi – Limba
impressed with it as it showed I'm finally ready with composite blades.
Based on that it's like inner composite, saved me money from trying innerforce.
So I'm gonna try outer alc viscaria

Stiga Titanium Class OFF+ Thickness 7.5 Weight 99 - https://archive.md/Zg52j
Stiga Titanium WRB Class OFF+ Thickness 7.5 Weight 97, coach's 103 - https://archive.md/AGqDE
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Class OFF+ Thickness 6.1 Weight 84 - https://archive.md/iMWa8
Stiga Titanium 5.4 WRB Class OFF+ Thickness 5.4 Weight 82 - https://archive.md/fuHSk

all that's left is confirmation of that composition or if it's ayous instead of abachi

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
oh yeah forgot about that great list

Ayous Binomial name: Triplochiton scleroxylon
binomial nomenclature. noun. : a system of naming plants and animals in which each species is given a name consisting of two terms of which the first names the genus and the second the species itself.

Abachi, Ayous and Samba are all the same species, but are from different parts of Africa. Also known as Obeche, Wawa, Arere, Ayus, M'bado, Bado, African Maple.
Soft, tends to tear easily in thinner plys; mainly an outermost ply wood, pairs up well with many woods; it is a lightweight, flexible wood that is excellent for close-to-the-table counterdrive play; Ayous is useful to both maintain some lightness in the core of the blade but not be as crazily light as balsa; it is not that great a top veneer wood.
- Density = 0.38 g/cm³
- Monnin Hardness = 1.1
- Compressive strength = 30 MPa
- Bending strength = 52 MPa
- Stiffness = 7260 MPa
- Janka = 430 lbf (1915 N)

Limba Binomial name: Terminalia superba
Also known as Korina, Ofram, Frake, Afara, Akom.
A West African wood, Limba is the classic European topspin wood (as compared to Hinoki, which is the classic Asian topspin wood); heavy and fast, but not springy; Limba wood adds the soft feel and great control needed by today's modern topspin players; it is lighter and softer than Hinoki or Koto; Limba wood changes its color as the time passes so it is sometimes hard to spot a Limba wood by its color; although Limba wood is soft, it can’t give a soft feeling to the blade by itself, and when used with other veneers, a Limba blade can give a hard feeling; Limba has excellent acoustic properties and provides a good acoustic click sound when used with speed glue effect rubbers; its vibrations or flex is liked by topspin players; the higher the thickness of the Limba ply, the greater the blade's hitting ability.
- Density = 0.45 to 0.65 g/cm³
- Monnin Hardness = 2.4
- Compressive strength = 47 MPa
- Bending strength = 86 MPa
- Stiffness = 10490 MPa
- Janka = 670 lbf (2980 N)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I can't open the links to the Stiga blade you provided, but an initial search of the Donic Crisan Titanium and the Stiga Titanium 5.4 WRB clearly shows that they don't have the same composition.
The Donic has indeed ayous as middle veneer, whereas the Stiga has spruce. Also, the Donic has an actual composite layer, comprising likely of titanium mixed with carbon. Tha Stiga on the other hand only has titanium particles mixed in the glue layers...different blades altogether.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
I can't open the links to the Stiga blade you provided, but an initial search of the Donic Crisan Titanium and the Stiga Titanium 5.4 WRB clearly shows that they don't have the same composition.
The Donic has indeed ayous as middle veneer, whereas the Stiga has spruce. Also, the Donic has an actual composite layer, comprising likely of titanium mixed with carbon. Tha Stiga on the other hand only has titanium particles mixed in the glue layers...different blades altogether.
can you share the links for the donic crisan titanium and stiga titanium 5.4 wrb ?

i just archived the archive of those 4 links cos sometimes web archive is slow.
here

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
can you share the links for the donic crisan titanium and stiga titanium 5.4 wrb ?
Links? Well, there are quite a few links for each blade. For example these ones:
If you scroll down, you can see that a "regular" composite layer is used for the Donic Crisan. Also the middle veneer is enormously thick; you don't see that very often.

Here is a link for the Stiga from an austrian shop:
I google-translated the last - and imo relevant - sentence of the description:
"Anstatt feine Titanium-Blätter in der Produktion einzubinden, haben wir Titanium-Pulver, welches mit einem Spezialkleber gebunden wird, in unsere Hölzer verarbeitet." - English: "Instead of incorporating fine titanium sheets into production, we processed titanium powder into our wood, which is bound with a special adhesive."
It's probably the same technique that is used for the Stiga Carbo 7.6 blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Links? Well, there are quite a few links for each blade. For example these ones:
If you scroll down, you can see that a "regular" composite layer is used for the Donic Crisan. Also the middle veneer is enormously thick; you don't see that very often.

Here is a link for the Stiga from an austrian shop:
I google-translated the last - and imo relevant - sentence of the description:
"Anstatt feine Titanium-Blätter in der Produktion einzubinden, haben wir Titanium-Pulver, welches mit einem Spezialkleber gebunden wird, in unsere Hölzer verarbeitet." - English: "Instead of incorporating fine titanium sheets into production, we processed titanium powder into our wood, which is bound with a special adhesive."
It's probably the same technique that is used for the Stiga Carbo 7.6 blades.
Oh, I meant link where you found it says Stiga Titanium has spruce, cos I never found one before.

decided to try chinese websites
your donic link is same site I found for the stiga titanium that finally has spruce info

The Stiga TI5.4 with Limba, Spruce and Ayous structure is an extremely light and thin loop bottom plate. Due to the adjustment of the bonding process, the bottom plate has a harder hitting feel and greater elasticity. Although the power is further improved, the small ball on the table is also more difficult to control. The Butterfly SPINART is used as the forehand rubber. The sponge of the rubber is relatively solid, which has a certain supplementary support effect on the thin plate. The hitting feel is also closer to the feeling of the Stiga OC bottom plate and the high-yield sticky rubber. The sticky rubber surface can improve the control ability in terms of small balls. The ball arc of the rubber between the outer cover and the national cover also makes it easier to control the length of the arc when the bottom plate exerts force.

Do you know of any other rackets that use SPRUCE as core? cos I cant find one on those racket databases.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
seeing how stiga uses spruce based on post here - https://mytabletennis.net/forum/limba-vs-spruce_topic92222.html

they usually use spruce as 2nd layer
so composition for Stiga Titanium likely is
Limba-Spruce-Titanium-Ayous-Titanium-Spruce-Limba

putting this here just for reference
based on butterfly, it's like innerforce alc.soft composition
Limba Spruce ALC Ayous ALC Spruce Limba

innerforce alc is
Limba Limba ALC Ayous ALC Limba Limba

viscaria
Koto ALC Limba Kiri Limba ALC Koto

for outer ALC with limba top ply
michael maze
Limba ALC Limba Ayous Limba ALC Limba

came from 7ply xiom extreme s, outer is limba, same goes for stiga titanium and was still in tune with it.
based on those 2, i will likely be in tune with innerforce layer alc also a limba outermost ply.
will see if i'm in tune with koto outer viscaria.

Last edited: