Do you boost!!!!!!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When I used Hurricane for my forehand, I boosted it, because it is way better when you boost it and get the sponge softer. It is not much faster or spinnier, it is softer and has more control and you can let the ball sink in more.

Part of the reason I switched from Hurricane 3 NEO is that I was wearing dead spots in the tackiness where I contact the ball, in about 3 weeks. I would have a circular spot right where I contact the ball with my forehand that was slick and had no grip. It happened with the commercial version, with the provincial version and with the national version. So I decided I wanted to use a rubber I could just glue on with water based glue and forget about.

Now that I am using Xiom Omega IV Pro on my forehand and Omega IV Europe on my backhand, I have no need or reason to boost. It is nice not to have to mess with chemicals. Much less of a bother.

But there is nothing wrong with boosting for the people who do it. The ITTF rules are a little lame.

This user has no status.
There are plenty of people that boost, and it really does work some magic.
However, much like other people's comments, it really isn't doing you many favours if you're an advancing player.
The false sense of superiority can be a bit blinding at times, just like being drunk.
Really, I think it's only appropriate at international level competitions and ONLY for your competition bat if you have one. If not, I do not recommend using it.

And no, I don't boost :)

This user has no status.
I think boosting can have advantages at internediate level.

1) boosting Euro / Jap tensors is only for top players. A 2.1 Tenergy is plenty fast enough for most advanced players.
2) boosting old style rubbers (MarkV / Sriver style) is a good (disregarding ethical aspects) way to get cheap rubbers play like more expenseive rubbers.
3) boosting chinese rubbers (H3 and the likes) give you a rubber that is nowhere near as fast as a 2.1 T64, yes useable to play for an attacker that cannot / does not practice very much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
boost but only my Fh rubber( skyline3 ) i find tensors even the likes of xiom plenty fast.

if people have problems with boosting. then i ask you to please tear and destroy your rubber sheets that contain the tensor/esn/glue effect rubber ( tenergy,bluefire, evo, xiom etc). and never buy another sheet again. if you dont want to do that and have a problem with others boosting then any future comment/point you try to get across is invalid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Decoy (shouldn't it be Decoi?), that's harshly put, but I share your view. Manufacturers can do it and sell it (at a premium), but we can't... not really customer-friendly.

same person :).

yeah its harsh but really its the reality without the ban on SG/boosters you wouldn't have half as much tenergy and the likes floating about.
I personally dont see any advantages gained for those that claim that it is cheating.

Tangent start:
things like illegal and i mean serious basement TT like serving i can agree with but not borderline .. XX serve and some others that were mentioned recently.
Tangent end: