Donic Bluefire

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I have tested the Bluefire M1 now for a month. I'm two minded. Coming from the Acuda S1 the M1 is even better when it comes to shooting topspin against topspin in half distance and aggressive blocking. however i got two rly big issues. at first the black rubber got way more grip and feels different than the red one, so the quality difference of the rubbers seem to vary a lot. the second issue is the topspin against long hard underspin. because of the rly short contact time and the low take-off point of the ball release(German: "Absprungwinkel") my topspins often go into the net when my position isn't perfect. the amount of topspin on my red side is rly awful and is rly easy to block. on the backhand however with the black rubber and enough wrist usage the m1 is a weapon with a lot of spin. for me the quality issues and the rly low flexibility in the opening are the reason the change my rubber again, but players with high amount of training and a bit luick =D will get what they want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Ah this is a valuable thread. Most thankful for the initiator for posting this thread along. I've acquired most insightful views over the topic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
I have tested the Bluefire M1 now for a month. I'm two minded. Coming from the Acuda S1 the M1 is even better when it comes to shooting topspin against topspin in half distance and aggressive blocking. however i got two rly big issues. at first the black rubber got way more grip and feels different than the red one, so the quality difference of the rubbers seem to vary a lot. the second issue is the topspin against long hard underspin. because of the rly short contact time and the low take-off point of the ball release(German: "Absprungwinkel") my topspins often go into the net when my position isn't perfect. the amount of topspin on my red side is rly awful and is rly easy to block. on the backhand however with the black rubber and enough wrist usage the m1 is a weapon with a lot of spin. for me the quality issues and the rly low flexibility in the opening are the reason the change my rubber again, but players with high amount of training and a bit luick =D will get what they want.

Hi Criz87, the bluefire m1 works very good if you use a hard blade. probably my blade is more fast then off++ (is handmade by a guy living in Genua (I)). bluefire works well in this conditions. i agree with you about the ammount of spin between the red and black rubber, but on the other side the red is a little more faster and the angle (Absprungwinkel) is closer against black. how thick are your rubbers? i'm playing with 2,0mm and it's enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hi Criz87, the bluefire m1 works very good if you use a hard blade. probably my blade is more fast then off++ (is handmade by a guy living in Genua (I)). bluefire works well in this conditions. i agree with you about the ammount of spin between the red and black rubber, but on the other side the red is a little more faster and the angle (Absprungwinkel) is closer against black. how thick are your rubbers? i'm playing with 2,0mm and it's enough.

Hey Bear1960,
i'm playing the m1 on both sides with 2,0mm. my blade is the andro blax off. it got a balsa core but with carbon quads. in which league do you play? im playing landesliga next season with a 1638ttr in germany. it may suit other playstyles but short contact time annd the quality differences made me struggle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Hey Bear1960,
i'm playing the m1 on both sides with 2,0mm. my blade is the andro blax off. it got a balsa core but with carbon quads. in which league do you play? im playing landesliga next season with a 1638ttr in germany. it may suit other playstyles but short contact time annd the quality differences made me struggle.

i'm not friend of balsa blades because of the relationship weight-speed-feeling. i'm using 90g blade, with carbon, 7 ply. to your question: i played this year in C2 (6th highest liga), but i played since 2 years ago in B2( 4th highest liga in Italy). my club is named asd tt gasp moncalieri, near Turin. where are you playing? back to the blade. i used before my actual home-made-blade the Primorac Carbon off+. BF works well on this blade: very grippy, fast, topspin not so much curly (more straight). to more the blade is hard (and massive) to mor BF works well! try, and don't stop if the ball flyes over the table, just close the blade (and eyes) and push the stroke. you will see how much potential BF have inside! let me know!!:)

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Disagree with the view that Bluefire struggles with lifting heavy backspin. I use the Bluefire M1 (max,black) on my fh, and if anything, the heavier the underspin, the juicier and more grip (and intensity) the Bluefire produces on the loop/topspin. It lifts backspin like its simply not there. Of course, its a matter of technique and playing level.

Bluefire is actually faster than T64, much much more 'punch' - but with the same or even more, control. The spin it produces is immense - more than tenergy, without a shadow of a doubt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I have a BlueFire M2 on my back hand, it was softer than the rubbers that I had previously so it took a bit getting used to. One thing about the rubber that I noticed was that it was very hard to cut when I was putting it on my blade, I messed up on a few parts.

The top sheet has no tackiness so much of the spin comes from the springiness in the sponge. There just so happens to be a lot of springiness in the sponge which makes it very spiny. Good for serves, and backhand looping.

What I really like it for is the blocking. Id much rather prefer to block with my M2 than my TG3

This user has no status.
I've been playing the Baracuda on my forehand for a while so I'm used to the long dwell time and slightly different mechanics of the strokes. My question to anyone who played baracuda and M1 would be if the M1 has a more direct feeling to it than the Baracuda or if the dwelling time is similar.
Since I'm currently looking for a slightly faster and a little more direct feeling rubber my interest on this is very big. :D