Donic World Champion 89 Waldner OFF with long pip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello table tennis players,

I'm at a point that I'm no longer able to play inverted rubbers anymore and I am going to switch to long pip on my backhand. I don't know much about pairing the right blade to the right rubbers and i'm currently playing Harimoto Innerforce ALC FL with tenergy 05. I wasn't sure if the blade would be good for long pip on BH so I'm here asking for players who's playing or who's more experiencing with long pips.

I was thinking switching to the Donic World Champoin 89 Walldner OFF but I want to hear if there's any players experienced this blade with long pips.

By the way, is there such a blade that one size is carbon and the other is all round? I want to try FH with carbon and BH is All round?

Thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I played with long pips for a year:

The blade LP combo depends on many things. If you want specific records,you need to give us more input.

Do you want to be a close to the table pushblocker?
Or do you want to be a defender away from the table?

Do you want to make points with your pips? Or do you just want to cover your bh side and loop kill with your fh?

What rubber are you using on fh?

Really there's many thing to consider....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Thanks for the info. I've never play long pip before, but I was thinking closer to the table and not consider make any points using long pips. I was thinking more about cover my bh side and drive or loop on my fh. I'm consider Tenergy 05 or MX-P on my fh.

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
If you've never played pips before and you want to play close to the table, this is my recommendation:

The transition will take you some time, you'll need to develop a new feeling for your bh.

Pick any 5 ply allwood you like.
Low throw is better for pips, hard outer ply gives more spin reversal, but even a limba 5 ply will work starting out, don't go faster than all+, I'd say stay away from balsa because I don't like it with inverted rubber. But that's just my take.

As for pips:
Dawei 388d-1 OX
It's a good starting point. Best Bang for Buck by a mile. For me the best allround pip. Learn to play with that pip. It can do everything decently and is relatively safe, while still being dangerous for your opponent. Most played pip ever.