Ex-pro needs advice for equipment

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. More info.

Boosted Sriver is NOWHERE near AS GOOD as SPEED GLUED SRIVER. And until Tenergy came along none of the "speed glue effect" rubbers that came out around the time of the speed glue ban, were even close to as good as Sriver on Speed Glue. Mark V and Joola Mambo are also great on speed glue.

But Tenergy is comparable to Speed Glued Sriver and even though I have heard a lot of people preach caution with boosting Tenergy--I certainly don't need to boost it--I have felt Tenergy boosted by someone who knew what he was doing and that could be kind of addictive.

But still, the old school rubbers with speed glue were pretty darn good.

The best news for HRM is that he hasn't played in a long time so it won't really be as if he is going straight from Speed Glued Sriver to Tenergy. So the transition should just be about him getting his touch, timing and feel for the the game back. It should make the adjustment 40+ Poly ball less of an issue as well. Because, really, he is simply adjusting to the whole game.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D

HRM

This user has no status.

HRM

This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What people started to play with , right after Speed-Glue got banned back in days ? I mean before Tenergy .
Was it good at the time . so much absent time got me with no info at all .
BTW I went to my first session yesterday, As expected I was so horribly bad but still had something to offer :)
Actually won most matches with Services but when gets into Volley I was behind and couldn't quite get the ball .
The interesting thing is I had one of my old 38ball with me , and I was playing much much better with those :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, there goes that theory. If you go from the 38 to the 40 to the 40+ it will make it harder for you to adjust to today's game. But, part of it is fun so....

What rubbers were you using?

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
Thanks Mark, Certainly it takes some time of course .
I don't know about forum rules, am I allowed to get advice about where to shop, from UK/Europe people ? or is it against rules?
Cheers
As well as Bribar, I've used Tees Sports and Jarvis Sports in the UK. Thornton Table Tennis is another. Bribar and Tees Sports seem to be the UKs big 2 in terms of choice.