Fangbob2x

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024
Greetings everyone !
I'm an allrounder aggressive Chinese style looper , I smash with my backhand , I play far from the table with a lot of passive blocking long to medium distance , my styles relies mostly on forehand fast kill loops and spinny side loop , ( I'm left handed ) , I can do very hard fast shots with backhand I just lack consistency with it , although I got solid technique
Fang bo b2x seems like a great update from my previous dhs wind CWC
I intend on having dhs neo hurricane 3 commercial forehand , ( can you guys recommend me the best hardness unboosted neo 3 for forehand rubber , NOTE : I like brushing the ball In looping speed ) !
For backhand I hesitate on buying neo 3 for backhand I feel I can't loop so well with my backhand although I'm good in blocking with it and doing fast shots , although I like h3neo on my forehand , will you Still recommend it for a fast controlled BH ? , overall how would you describe fang bob2x in terms of speed spin control ? You think it would be a great match with my style ?
Its my first post sorry if I did not respect some rules in this forum :D I'll be here !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
1Greetings everyone !
I'm an allrounder aggressive Chinese style looper , I smash with my backhand , I play far from the table with a lot of passive blocking long to medium distance , my styles relies mostly on forehand fast kill loops and spinny side loop , ( I'm left handed ) , I can do very hard fast shots with backhand I just lack consistency with it , although I got solid technique
Fang bo b2x seems like a great update from my previous dhs wind CWC
I intend on having dhs neo hurricane 3 commercial forehand , ( can you guys recommend me the best hardness unboosted neo 3 for forehand rubber , NOTE : I like brushing the ball In looping speed ) !
For backhand I hesitate on buying neo 3 for backhand I feel I can't loop so well with my backhand although I'm good in blocking with it and doing fast shots , although I like h3neo on my forehand , will you Still recommend it for a fast controlled BH ? , overall how would you describe fang bob2x in terms of speed spin control ? You think it would be a great match with my style ?
Its my first post sorry if I did not respect some rules in this forum :D I'll be here !!
I don't like the first version of Fang Bo so I don't have any opinion about Fangbob2x.

If you like to play away from the table and a bit more speed, I would recommend Stuor ZJK clone or Stuor Viscaria clone from Stuor 2017 store at Aliexpress. Both are fast, solid blades for playing away from the table. The blades including import tax, etc should cost you like $35 a piece. Delivery from Stuor 2017 store is super fast as well. For that price, you can probably get both of them and see which one you like better!

As for rubber, forehand DHS 3 commercial is fine. I have always played with 39 degree hardness which is the most popular choice. If you are going to use a hard carbon blade, 39 degree should work fine.

Backhand, if you like to smash, I would recommend an ESN rubber that is bouncy. I would not use Hurricane here. Rakza 7, Rakza X (a bit faster than Rakza 7), Xiom Vega Japan (a bit softer and more control) or Xiom Vegas Pro (a bit harder and faster) would be good choices there.

Reactions: satori97
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I play the Fang Bo 2bx, I think it's a great blade relatively crisp for an inner carbon Limba blade. I think you will be fine, but I think there will be no difference in speed, more in the feel.

I also played the Sanwei CC, it throws higher and has a softer surface but is stiffer, also worth noting because it's 10$. It's faster and more bouncy than the 2bx.

Because like the construction, I ordered a yinhe 05 pro too.... don't have it yet, but similar blade and from my experience yinhe has better craftsmanship on there cheaper blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I'm a noob, but pretty much play your style, but am forehand dominant.

I tried a decent nr of blades and rubber combos(ask if you want specifics) and in the end I settled on H3 Neo commercial red on FH and H3 Neo black on BH, both boosted, both 39 hardness, both 2.15 on Fang Bo B2X and like this setup over anything else I've tried. I get a lot of control and spin with this setup. Speed is dependent on your fitness level.

When comparing h3 neo vs h3 neo boosted, unboosted sucks.
When comparing red to black, red is noticeably 'loopier'. Might be because QC, might be because the color is rubber is achieved with different(carbon black for black vs azo pigments etc. for red) compounds which obviously have different physical properties.

My paddle comes in at 196g, I really like the weight(players with less power don't like the weight at all), would like it a little heavier because F=m x a.

If you put enough power to activate the sponge properly on a boosted H3 Neo, smashes are really powerful. I wouldn't change H3 for any ESN or ESN style rubbers I've tried, be it BH or FH.

H3 Neo commercial is really cheap, just buy a sheet for the BH and if you don't like it and can't resell it, you are down ~$20.

Boosting H3 Neo changes the rubber from, 'this rubber is kind of nice' to 'omg where have you been all my life?'. I use 99.9% purity paraffin oil, effect lasts 3-4 months. It works great. as great as commercial boosters.

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024
I don't like the first version of Fang Bo so I don't have any opinion about Fangbob2x.

If you like to play away from the table and a bit more speed, I would recommend Stuor ZJK clone or Stuor Viscaria clone from Stuor 2017 store at Aliexpress. Both are fast, solid blades for playing away from the table. The blades including import tax, etc should cost you like $35 a piece. Delivery from Stuor 2017 store is super fast as well. For that price, you can probably get both of them and see which one you like better!

As for rubber, forehand DHS 3 commercial is fine. I have always played with 39 degree hardness which is the most popular choice. If you are going to use a hard carbon blade, 39 degree should work fine.

Backhand, if you like to smash, I would recommend an ESN rubber that is bouncy. I would not use Hurricane here. Rakza 7, Rakza X (a bit faster than Rakza 7), Xiom Vega Japan (a bit softer and more control) or Xiom Vegas Pro (a bit harder and faster) would be good choices there.
What about a Chinese fast rubber that is not tacky for backhand ? Like ak47 red , I play on buying Chinese equipement I do not find that much different from European rubbers in terms of quality and way cheaper , I had umboosted neo 3 with proper swinging technique its deal but I'm not confident in playing it in my backhand since demands a shorter range of move , my backhand is good I just want fast Chinese rubber for BH that can be reliable for away from table and in blocking . that would be awsome !

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
What about a Chinese fast rubber that is not tacky for backhand ? Like ak47 red , I play on buying Chinese equipement I do not find that much different from European rubbers in terms of quality and way cheaper , I had umboosted neo 3 with proper swinging technique its deal but I'm not confident in playing it in my backhand since demands a shorter range of move , my backhand is good I just want fast Chinese rubber for BH that can be reliable for away from table and in blocking . that would be awsome !
I tried AK47 red on BH on Fang Bo B2X for about a month, didn't like it at all. But many people really like AK47 red on BH. It's a very cheap rubber so just give it a go, just be careful if you ever take it off the blade, it has a fragile sponge. Mine ripped in half when I took it off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have played with AK47 blue (not red), Big Dipper (two different sponge hardness) and Rxton 3 pink. I don't like them.

I know some people like them but they are not for me. They are just not bouncy enough. They do not have the catapult effect you get from an ESN or Butterfly rubbers.

Trust me. I have played with Friendship 729 growing up and then in the past 6 years Hurricane on my forehand. I was a penholder and I used 729 on my forehand side with long pips on the back to disrupt the opponent. I have zero bias against Chinese rubber.

I want to like AK47, Big Dipper and Rxton 3. But they are not bouncy enough for me.

If money is a concern, I would vote for Rakza X (Yasaka rubber lasts like forever), Xiom Vega Pro (hard and fast and price is very good at TT11 if you can get a few club members to chip in and get 30% bulk discount) or Rozena (Rozena is bouncy but not too bouncy. I find Rozena to be much easier to play with on the backhand side than say Tenergy 05fx, 64fx and 05 regular).

After all, when you buy equipment you want to enjoy it. You don't want to buy a bunch of well priced equipment where you don't end up liking them.

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024
I have played with AK47 blue (not red), Big Dipper (two different sponge hardness) and Rxton 3 pink. I don't like them.

I know some people like them but they are not for me. They are just not bouncy enough. They do not have the catapult effect you get from an ESN or Butterfly rubbers.

Trust me. I have played with Friendship 729 growing up and then in the past 6 years Hurricane on my forehand. I was a penholder and I used 729 on my forehand side with long pips on the back to disrupt the opponent. I have zero bias against Chinese rubber.

I want to like AK47, Big Dipper and Rxton 3. But they are not bouncy enough for me.

If money is a concern, I would vote for Rakza X (Yasaka rubber lasts like forever), Xiom Vega Pro (hard and fast and price is very good at TT11 if you can get a few club members to chip in and get 30% bulk discount) or Rozena (Rozena is bouncy but not too bouncy. I find Rozena to be much easier to play with on the backhand side than say Tenergy 05fx, 64fx and 05 regular).

After all, when you buy equipment you want to enjoy it. You don't want to buy a bunch of well priced equipment where you don't end up liking them.
Thanks for the recommendation yes I'm kinda hesitating with ak47 red , I really want to buy a bouncy Chinese rubber for my BH since I'm doing my order on alibaba from a Chinese store so im obliged to buy Fangobob2x and neo hurricane 3 FH , more recommendations of Chinese fast catapult tensor like European rubber that is good at blocking and touch game !

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024

Thanks for the recommendation yes I'm kinda hesitating with ak47 red , I really want to buy a bouncy Chinese rubber for my BH since I'm doing my order on alibaba from a Chinese store so im obliged to buy Fangobob2x and neo hurricane 3 FH , more recommendations of Chinese fast catapult tensor like European rubber that is good at blocking and touch game
I'm avoiding high priced rubbers I plan to spend a 30us dollars 35 us dollars for BH rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks for the recommendation yes I'm kinda hesitating with ak47 red , I really want to buy a bouncy Chinese rubber for my BH since I'm doing my order on alibaba from a Chinese store so im obliged to buy Fangobob2x and neo hurricane 3 FH , more recommendations of Chinese fast catapult tensor like European rubber that is good at blocking and touch game
I'm avoiding high priced rubbers I plan to spend a 30us dollars 35 us dollars for BH rubber
Xiom Vega X is literally on sales at TT11 for $27.46 right now, weekly sales. TT11 also has DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Hard on their weekly sales right now for $20.05.

I know that many people love AK47 red and Rxton 3 pink. They are very respected table tennis players too.

It is just for me I have to hit "harder" but fundamentally your backhand stroke is shorter than forehand stroke. I have a big full body chinese forehand that was drilled into me growing up by my coach. But backhand my stroke is very compact. I need that catapult effect.

If you insists on ordering from Aliexpress exclusively, probably get a Stiga rubber for your backhand side. I know Stiga has a big preference in the Chinese market and Stiga rubber is priced competitively on Aliexpress.

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024
Xiom Vega X is literally on sales at TT11 for $27.46 right now, weekly sales. TT11 also has DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Hard on their weekly sales right now for $20.05.

I know that many people love AK47 red and Rxton 3 pink. They are very respected table tennis players too.

It is just for me I have to hit "harder" but fundamentally your backhand stroke is shorter than forehand stroke. I have a big full body chinese forehand that was drilled into me growing up by my coach. But backhand my stroke is very compact. I need that catapult effect.

If you insists on ordering from Aliexpress exclusively, probably get a Stiga rubber for your backhand side. I know Stiga has a big preference in the Chinese market and Stiga rubber is priced competitively on Aliexpress.
This is an awesome recommendation , my forehand is like yours , long big stroke Chinese style , my backhand I'm good at smashing and hitting it hard you don't have that much time to switch from FH to Bh if you loop fast and aggressive in some exchange you'll be out of position to do a BH that requires quick short wrist move , xio vega x seems be the right backhand rubber for speed and control especially when I don't have much time to do a well developed backhand stroke/loop , seems forgiving in fast rallies ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
This is an awesome recommendation , my forehand is like yours , long big stroke Chinese style , my backhand I'm good at smashing and hitting it hard you don't have that much time to switch from FH to Bh if you loop fast and aggressive in some exchange you'll be out of position to do a BH that requires quick short wrist move , xio vega x seems be the right backhand rubber for speed and control especially when I don't have much time to do a well developed backhand stroke/loop , seems forgiving in fast rallies ..
Xiom Vega series are priced very very well. Among the ESN rubbers, zero doubt in my mind Xiom Vega Europe, Asia, Japan, Pro and X offer the best performance for its price. For my spare paddles that I use to fool around with, I have been buying Xiom Vega instead of Rakza series because the prices add up.

For example, Xiom Vega Europe (the softest of the whole series) work really really well on the backhand side of the carbon blades that I find are too fast for me such as Nittaku Acoustic carbon. It is bouncy but not too fast. It makes those blades enjoyable for me.

Xiom Vega Pro and Xiom Vega X are too fast for me. I have tried a couple sheets of each. But I think you will like either of them on your backhand side.

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024
I play the Fang Bo 2bx, I think it's a great blade relatively crisp for an inner carbon Limba blade. I think you will be fine, but I think there will be no difference in speed, more in the feel.

I also played the Sanwei CC, it throws higher and has a softer surface but is stiffer, also worth noting because it's 10$. It's faster and more bouncy than the 2bx.

Because like the construction, I ordered a yinhe 05 pro too.... don't have it yet, but similar blade and from my experience yinhe has better craftsmanship on there cheaper blades.
Wow I thought that fangbob2x was best for forehand looping Chinese in the price range , dhs wind CWC found it fast honestly when you do a long stroke its deadly even though cheap , I'm sure fangbob2x is faster seems more solid too , what would you recommend for less than a 100 us dollar blades for my kind of style ! I

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024
Xiom Vega series are priced very very well. Among the ESN rubbers, zero doubt in my mind Xiom Vega Europe, Asia, Japan, Pro and X offer the best performance for its price. For my spare paddles that I use to fool around with, I have been buying Xiom Vega instead of Rakza series because the prices add up.

For example, Xiom Vega Europe (the softest of the whole series) work really really well on the backhand side of the carbon blades that I find are too fast for me such as Nittaku Acoustic carbon. It is bouncy but not too fast. It makes those blades enjoyable for me.

Xiom Vega Pro and Xiom Vega X are too fast for me. I have tried a couple sheets of each. But I think you will like either of them on your backhand side.
Cool cool , xiom seems like a great BH rubber I'm going forit 'i'll compare and choose one of these although they exceed my 35 US dollars budget might be worth to spend a bit more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Wow I thought that fangbob2x was best for forehand looping Chinese in the price range , dhs wind CWC found it fast honestly when you do a long stroke its deadly even though cheap , I'm sure fangbob2x is faster seems more solid too , what would you recommend for less than a 100 us dollar blades for my kind of style ! I
If your budget is $100, that's easy. Gambler Blackout carbon (which I personally use) is great. You want slightly faster but the same feel, Gambler Vector Speed. They are $40 each.

if you want something faster for sure than either of them, I have played with Gambler Dragon Fast and Gambler GLine X Fast Carbon which are really fast. They are also $40 each.

Gambler is an American brand that sources all their products from China. I would NOT touch Gambler rubber. Sorry for those prices, even though they are cheap, I rather use Hurricane or Mercury II or Xiom Vega series.

If Gambler does not ship to Canada, private message me.

says None tacky inverted
says None tacky inverted
Mar 2024
If your budget is $100, that's easy. Gambler Blackout carbon (which I personally use) is great. You want slightly faster but the same feel, Gambler Vector Speed. They are $40 each.

if you want something faster for sure than either of them, I have played with Gambler Dragon Fast and Gambler GLine X Fast Carbon which are really fast. They are also $40 each.

Gambler is an American brand that sources all their products from China. I would NOT touch Gambler rubber. Sorry for those prices, even though they are cheap, I rather use Hurricane or Mercury II or Xiom Vega series.

If Gambler does not ship to Canada, private message me.
Waw I've never heard of this brand is the 100 dollars one really worth it compared to the 40 dollars gamlber blades ? Which one you think will suit my Chinese looping style long arc play with some blocking touch game , my backhand is fine its fast and able to smash with it , I'm not a pro though , almost semi pro I just have to work more on more quality serves , I also play a lot with footwork when I'm looping / counterlooping , I just love killing the ball with a spinny long loop .. I thought fangbob2x was a good to go blade .. Apparently your blade are better

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I haven't played the dhs cwc just looked it up and it's quite heavy from what I've read. I just guessed the speeds gonna be in the same ball park.

The Fang Bo 2bx is not crazy fast.

I found the Sanwei CC for 10$ faster especially on lower gears. Always worth a try IMO.

The Yinhe 05 pro is another HL5 clone which is priced well, but I haven't tried it yet, just ordered one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Waw I've never heard of this brand is the 100 dollars one really worth it compared to the 40 dollars gamlber blades ? Which one you think will suit my Chinese looping style long arc play with some blocking touch game , my backhand is fine its fast and able to smash with it , I'm not a pro though , almost semi pro I just have to work more on more quality serves , I also play a lot with footwork when I'm looping / counterlooping , I just love killing the ball with a spinny long loop .. I thought fangbob2x was a good to go blade .. Apparently your blade are better
Gambler Blackout carbon and Gambler Vector Speed are fast but not too fast.

Gambler Dragon Fast and Gambler GLine X Fast Carbon are faster.

I don't know if you like the speed of Blackout carbon/Vector Speed or you like the speed of Dragon Fast/GLine X Fast. You really don't know until you try. And for $40, you cannot go wrong.

Here is the list of blades I have owned and played with: Butterfly Viscaria, Nittaku Acoustic Carbon,
Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon, Tibhar Fortino Performance, DHS Bo Carbon (first edition), DHS Power G8 OFF, Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon, Donic Persson Powerplay, Stuor Viscaria clone, Stuor ZJK clone, Stuor Harimoto clone, Stuor LYJ clone, Stuor CNF clone, Stuor Long 5 clone, Lemuria ZJK clone, Lemuria LGY clone, XVT ZLC clone and Yinhe 970XX ALC ZLC carbon.

The first two (Butterfly Viscaria and Nittaku Acoustic carbon), I splurged but they are too fast for me.

I have always come back to Gambler. If I have to pick what else, for all wood, the Donic Persson Powerply is very very good. Fast yet with control. Dirt cheap too.

I really like Tibhar Fortino Performance, inner carbon. But that is $86 a blade while Gambler is $40 a blade.

Like I said, I like Stuor Viscaria, Stuor ZJK and Lemuria ZJK clone.

XVT blades are crappy. I would not touch it. Stuor Harimoto is too slow. Stuor CNF and LYJ clones just feel weird to me so I don't recommend.