Fastarc G-1 is great but...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
you ought to think about what you can get when you move on from the G-1.
For me moving from the G-1 to Rakza Z made the short game much easier, but i was feeling that the G-1 was in the sweet spot for my topspin technique. I could generate good amount of spin and my topspin loops inside matches were either blocked over due to the spin or not even touched/reached due to the speed.
Now with the Rakza Z the opponent has an easier time returning my loops because with the technique i used with the G-1 i seem to have less spin and less speed. Adjusting the technique would be required to get more spin i guess and i will see if i can manage to do it to even out the lower speed of the Rakza Z.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hexer PG has more catapult so serve and receive and blocking is difficult compared to G1 .
It's been a while, but I remember the Hexer as having a much softer topsheet compared to G1, which made it really easy to grab the ball and spin it. Easiest and most controllable looping rubber in my experience, though not as fast or spinny as G1 at the top end. I don't recall any problems with blocking or serve/receive, but of course YMMV.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I will buy a Hammond Z2. Could Tibhar Hybrid MK be another contender? C48 sounds great but I have doubt how long it will last.
I do not think Nittaku Z2 is same feeling to G1. Nittaku Z2 is more dynamic and speedy but not spin as G1. You can try Xiom omega 7 tour i if you are using ALC blade such as Timo boll or viscaria...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Yes, but I liked G-1 better. MK sounds very interesting! How does is compare to G-1?
For me it feels softer, plays quite dynamicly without any unexpected catapult. I took a while to get used to it, topspins should be done with a shorter movement. The MK has similar speed and spin (perhaps a little less than G1), but much more control and it's easier to play. For me it is the best rubber for blocking that I have played so for.
I am playing the MK in max on forehand and 2.0 on backhand.
But I am not a high ranked player, to mention that.
Have fun

Last edited:
Reactions: Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The regulation says the rubber can only be 4.00mm t maximum, this includes sponge+top sheet. Many conventional rubbers do have a top sheet thickness of around 1.6mm which leaves enough room for Max sponges of 2.2mm. the rest of usually kept as spare room due to manufacturing discrepancies.
Understand. So did Nittaku shrunk the top sheet of G-1 in order to fit in 2.2mm sponge?