Fastarc G-1 is great but...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hi!

So I have played with Fastarc G1 fore a year or so. I realy like alot of the G-1 qualities like grip and low bounce. Its a great rubber for me in looping rallys BUT slower loops are difficult. The topsheet i rather thick to and it feels in many ways harder than 47'5 especially in slower speeds. For example: I like Baracuda more when looping close to the table.

Anyway, please give me some suggestions of rubbers to try om my forehand (not Rakza 7) which have a slightly thinner topsheet compare to G-1 and that are easier in slower speeds and loops. In the 47'5 category.

Cheers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have used H3 Neo on my forehand and G-1 on my backhand for 5 years. I love H3 Neo because it is very easy to do slow, high arcing spinning loop or fast, low arcing fast loop drive, especially close to the table. But if you want to stay with an ESN rubber, I am not sure what to suggest. Maybe try K1/K3.

By the way, I bought a Baracuda rubber, put it on my backhand, played it for 10 minutes and just ripped it off and gave it to my club mates for free. I hated it.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi!

So I have played with Fastarc G1 fore a year or so. I realy like alot of the G-1 qualities like grip and low bounce. Its a great rubber for me in looping rallys BUT slower loops are difficult. The topsheet i rather thick to and it feels in many ways harder than 47'5 especially in slower speeds. For example: I like Baracuda more when looping close to the table.

Anyway, please give me some suggestions of rubbers to try om my forehand (not Rakza 7) which have a slightly thinner topsheet compare to G-1 and that are easier in slower speeds and loops. In the 47'5 category.

Cheers!
Attributes desired:
1. Thin topsheets
2. 47.5 ESN hardness scale
3. Perform slow spinny topspin / loop

Donic Bluestorm Z1 conforms to desired attribute 1, 2 & 3.

Below you can see Z1 in glorious & magnificent action.

Last edited:
G-1 is great indeed, but it sounds like you're looking for something more dynamic in which case Hammond Z2 is my recommendation. While G-1 is 47.5 deg and feels like 50, Z2 is 50 deg and feels like 47-48.
Z2 feels a lot softer than G1 and according to nittaku’s German homepage it’s 45”… I doubt seriously it is 50”.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Z2 feels a lot softer than G1 and according to nittaku’s German homepage it’s 45”… I doubt seriously it is 50”.

Cheers
L-zr

Here its listed as 40, same as dignics

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
A few that give what you're looking for:
  • Stiga DNA Pro M
  • Tibhar Evolution EL-S
  • Joola Rhyzer 48
The DNA Pro M and the EL-S are both easy to control, great for opening loops, and deliver plenty of spin. The Rhyzer 48 is faster than the other two, and thus needs a bit more skill to control well, but still a super rubber.

The DNA Pro M and Rhyzer 48 both feel a touch softer than their 47.5-degrees and 48-degrees respectively. The Evolution EL-S is 45-degrees, but feels a touch harder.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Cheers
L-zr
Good day to you sir,

G1 VS Hammond Z2 which one is better more grip top sheet.

Thank you,
Best regards

Good day to you sir,

G1 VS Hammond Z2 which one is better more grip top sheet.

Thank you,
Best regards
Not a big difference. I prefer Z2 and I think it’s a little easier to play with. But it was a year since I played with G1.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: thomas.pong
says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
I will buy a Hammond Z2. Could Tibhar Hybrid MK be another contender? C48 sounds great but I have doubt how long it will last.
I think you will like Hybrid MK based on your preferences. Slow loops are really easy because of the grip and it doesn't feel that hard. Probably is going to be a little slower than your fastarc but it's been a while since I played with that one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Don't get Hammond z2, I have played with g-1 for 4yrs and z2 for 6months. My 1+ yr old g-1 produces more spin than z2 on my forehand. So Hammond z2 is definitely not a looping rubber.

I think u can try tacky rubbers since you can rely on the tacky surface to do slow loops. If you don't feel confident in using neo h3, tibhar hybrid k3 is a rubber to consider. The Lebrun brothers and Darko are playing pretty well with it. There are also plenty of k3 reviews online just search up on YouTube. you can consider Stiga dragon grip too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Have your tried the C1?
But, I switched from G1 to Hybrid MK which plays quite different but it is a try worth. Very good control, plays softer than G1. I love the MK :)