Feng Tianwei's success brings controversy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
P201005310815021559014419.jpg

Photo by: Xinhua/Tao Xiyi

I'm sure many of you would remember Feng Tianwei's wins at the 2010 World Champs in Moscow, where Singapore won the title over China. She stated that she was "proud to be a Singaporean". This statement brought negative reactions from the public, both from China and Singapore. What do you guys think??

Feng Tianwei of Singapore in 2008 to become a citizen, in less than two years time, Feng Tianwei of Singapore women's table tennis team won the Olympic women's team silver medal and world championship bid made enormous contributions.

Feng Tianwei and world champion teammate after the win, all kinds of criticism has followed, some have questioned this title is not part of Singapore, or "China Team" of.

Feng Tianwei replied: "For us, it can be said that we are angry it can not be everything."

"I did not think about all of these questions. I'm here life and competition, most importantly, we raised the Singapore flag, we sing the national anthem, the glorious victory belongs to Singapore. "

" I want to bring more glory in Singapore. if Singapore did not give me this platform, I can not show themselves to the world. "

Feng Tianwei sighed:" On behalf of Singapore, some Singaporeans accept this, some people have not accepted. But Singapore is now my focus. "

"I will return to China in the Premier League. It is very important because I must continue to improve my skills and experience. In a way, I do not have to leave China."

She said: "I do not believe the sport is defined by the borders. Every time I race, I only pay attention to show my skills. I never thought I would because of the performance on behalf of whom and how."

Article from: http://www.china-daily.org/Sport-Ne...he-borders-the-glorious-victory-is-Singapore/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
In fact she says that in China she didn't get the chance to perform at world level? That is a reasonable argument to go to another country. Many Chinese players do that. But it remains a discussion topic until the other countries have cought up so far that they are equal level as the Chinese. So in the end the victory streak of the China women team was broken because they are so much better than other countries. Strange :p

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Actually in Singapore its normal. They even have 5 adopted players from other countries playing for them in their national football team. If the offer is good, some players may swap allegiance. It would be beneficial if they can get something out of this by developing more local players trained by these adopted players, but also it could be a quick and temporary solution for a nation to win medals in the Olympics or World Championship. Take your pick. But I personally, I don't agree as the long term damage is worse than a short term fix.