FH rubber Advice

I apologise in advance for another post but need your guys advice.

Played a tournament recently and I found the 09c on my FH extremely hard. I liked it for Its looping capabilities but hard to control In short game and smashes.

Looking to change to a bit of a softer rubber that’s still got great looping abilities but also got a bit more control to help in recovers game and smashes.

It doesn’t have to be Butterfly rubber but some alternatives I am looking at on the Ovtcharov blade is:

Dignics 05
Nittaku Hammond Z2
Nittaku Fastarc G1

Just a side note. I’m currently using Tenergy 19 on my BH but recently tried G1 on someone’s bat and I really liked it to the point I’m thinking of switching.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

This user has no status.
You can try the Hammond if you like smashes,its a fast rubber in 1.8 good for flat hits but its a speed demon compared to 09C.
Its grippy but not sticky,so more forward motion in your hits is a good starting point.
And you should be faster with your motions in general,not full swingtroughs like with a tacky china style rubber,only if your hiiting point is good to great.
depends all on your footwork,motion,et..so really its a technique thing.
It worked great for my Fh,but i am more of a really aggressive fh player with more speed placement than heavy spin based game.

You can try the Hammond if you like smashes,its a fast rubber in 1.8 good for flat hits but its a speed demon compared to 09C.
Its grippy but not sticky,so more forward motion in your hits is a good starting point.
And you should be faster with your motions in general,not full swingtroughs like with a tacky china style rubber,only if your hiiting point is good to great.
depends all on your footwork,motion,et..so really its a technique thing.
It worked great for my Fh,but i am more of a really aggressive fh player with more speed placement than heavy spin based game.
But the Hammond has a really soft feel to it. Feels like 45 shore O. Hybrid MK definitely feels harder…

Cheers
L-zr

I apologise in advance for another post but need your guys advice.

Played a tournament recently and I found the 09c on my FH extremely hard. I liked it for Its looping capabilities but hard to control In short game and smashes.

Looking to change to a bit of a softer rubber that’s still got great looping abilities but also got a bit more control to help in recovers game and smashes.

It doesn’t have to be Butterfly rubber but some alternatives I am looking at on the Ovtcharov blade is:

Dignics 05
Nittaku Hammond Z2
Nittaku Fastarc G1

Just a side note. I’m currently using Tenergy 19 on my BH but recently tried G1 on someone’s bat and I really liked it to the point I’m thinking of switching.

Any suggestions will be appreciated
Maybe bluestar a2? Still decently hard, but not as hard as 09c. and hybrid too.
Or boosted 39 degree h3!

Reactions: hazzaa96
This user has no status.
Id recommend Fastarc-G1 for sure.

Its not a hybrid rubber but it kind of has hybrid characteristics. Its not so bouncy like other tensors. This means it will be slower on passive strokes and faster on fast strokes.

Its not the fastest rubber around, but its one of the spinniest and most controllable. And I think the hardness of 47° ESN is just right.

It has been the most populair and most sold rubber on TT11 for about a decade now for a reason.

Reactions: hazzaa96