Forehand rubber to choose

This user has no status.
Hi,

I am planning to assemble a new racket and i am thinking about a rubber for forehand that i am not sure what to get out of few i like and prefer, i wish to put 3 or 4 rubbers together on the blade so i don't have to choose one, but i have to, so which one i should go if you have any experiences with those before?

1. Nittaku Hammond Z2 [my top favorite FH forehand]
2. Nittaku Fastarc G-1 [amazing rubber, i like it more for smashes attacks or counter]
3. Rakza 7 [i never tried this rubber but i tried the soft version only on backhand and it is super, i saw some players good playing with Rakza 7 so i added]
4. Tibhar Evo. MX-P [i tried two of this rubber at max thickness on two different nice blades and i hated it, so either it is the rubber itself or the thickness, i believe it is thickness because i hated few more other rubbers at max too such s Big Dipper and H3NEO and Rakza 9]
5. Tibhar Evo. FX-P [a coach of the club in my city using this rubber and putting the same to players he is training, i tried few times and it was nice, can't say perfect]

I will put it on the blade replica Stuor Pro Long 5, on the BH will be Yasaka Anti Power, not sure if i will play close to the table or far, i have a friend playing this rubber on BH and he is playing always far from table to prepare and suddenly KILL by forehand with T05, so i can think about many styles, most of players told me i should play this rubber close to the table, i tried this rubber on two blades, most likely i play close to the table because the blades are slow a bit, all wood, and the player using this rubber is playing with carbon type blade so maybe that is why he is going away from table, i tried his racket and i also felt i like it away from table than close to table, so the blade i am using with carbon is also fast but has good control, so i can play it mid to far.

I try to keep the price under or up to $50, so no Butterfly Tenergy or Dignics, also i was thinking about Stiga DNA Platinum M but there is no 2.0mm sponge, i don't like to play with thicker than 2.0mm sponge so that i listed above 5 rubbers, if you know anything better than those with 2.0mm sponge and no more than $40-50 please recommend and mention.

Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi,

I am planning to assemble a new racket and i am thinking about a rubber for forehand that i am not sure what to get out of few i like and prefer, i wish to put 3 or 4 rubbers together on the blade so i don't have to choose one, but i have to, so which one i should go if you have any experiences with those before?

1. Nittaku Hammond Z2 [my top favorite FH forehand]
2. Nittaku Fastarc G-1 [amazing rubber, i like it more for smashes attacks or counter]
3. Rakza 7 [i never tried this rubber but i tried the soft version only on backhand and it is super, i saw some players good playing with Rakza 7 so i added]
4. Tibhar Evo. MX-P [i tried two of this rubber at max thickness on two different nice blades and i hated it, so either it is the rubber itself or the thickness, i believe it is thickness because i hated few more other rubbers at max too such s Big Dipper and H3NEO and Rakza 9]
5. Tibhar Evo. FX-P [a coach of the club in my city using this rubber and putting the same to players he is training, i tried few times and it was nice, can't say perfect]

I will put it on the blade replica Stuor Pro Long 5, on the BH will be Yasaka Anti Power, not sure if i will play close to the table or far, i have a friend playing this rubber on BH and he is playing always far from table to prepare and suddenly KILL by forehand with T05, so i can think about many styles, most of players told me i should play this rubber close to the table, i tried this rubber on two blades, most likely i play close to the table because the blades are slow a bit, all wood, and the player using this rubber is playing with carbon type blade so maybe that is why he is going away from table, i tried his racket and i also felt i like it away from table than close to table, so the blade i am using with carbon is also fast but has good control, so i can play it mid to far.

I try to keep the price under or up to $50, so no Butterfly Tenergy or Dignics, also i was thinking about Stiga DNA Platinum M but there is no 2.0mm sponge, i don't like to play with thicker than 2.0mm sponge so that i listed above 5 rubbers, if you know anything better than those with 2.0mm sponge and no more than $40-50 please recommend and mention.

Thank you
I dont quite understand what you're asking. But it seems like you like Z2 and G1. Why dont you just use those?

This user has no status.
Few things to add:

1. This is the third blade of same model i have, two of ST handle so i can switch, one is with LP done already, and this is the second one waiting for new FH and Anti Power.

2. The blade is sealed or lacquered, so i don't see splinter and also no problem removing the rubbers later.

3. I don't like heavy weights, so i will try to keep that FH rubber with 1.8mm up to 2.0mm thickness to reduce very slight in total weight.

4. If you have another anti spin/power rubber you can recommend me to use rather than this Yasaka AP for this blade then please do before i choose FH and assemble it, the reviews are great for this rubber so i bought it again, i also have Nittaku Best Anti and kind of not much suitable with it, but it could be the blade also, so i don't mind re-thinking about which anti to use or just go ahead and use this anti i have.

5. I am almost a counter attack and blocker type and smashing, but because of LP i started to play from distance and loop and some top spins FH, i will try to use this anti to best performance i can so i don't feel i must depend on my FH to fix mistakes by my BH with anti, but i always play better if i can have control over speed i mean the rubber isn't super speed so i add speed with my arm rather than it is super speed and i can't control it enough, that is why i liked Hammond Z2, kind of this rubber with adequate speed and control is incredible.

This user has no status.
I dont quite understand what you're asking. But it seems like you like Z2 and G1. Why dont you just use those?
Those are the two top priority voted for me now, but i ask so to see what others think, maybe someone will give me something to learn before i decide, i won't surprise if someone come to say i don't like those two rubbers as i tried and it didn't suits me, so why is that, if not answers or recommendations i will definitely choose one of those two, mostly Z2 but who knows.

This user has no status.
Add Tibhar Hybrid MK to Your list, my n:eek: 1 choice currently.

Cheers
L-zr
Oh my, i was very close to add this one, but because i didn't read about it or test it or even see it with others i didn't add, so now your recommendation will be this rubber, nice, i will give it a look, thank you :giggle:
(y)

This user has no status.
FH rubbers under 50$ for me:
- Rakza Z/7
- R50/R53 ~$53
- Goldarc 8
- G1
Thank you

Rakza Z i wasn't sure, they have now the new one Rakza XX, but i am not so rushing for anything new yet, i rushed for Z2 and i liked it so far, can't risk with many other new too, Rakza 7 is nice, but i will choose G-1 and Z2 over it first anytime.

Goldarc 8 was in my mind, but honestly i might prefer H8 more, someone gave me to test H8 once and it wasn't bad, so i can choose something i tried more than something i didn't, but i will look at GA8 again and see reviews.

R50/53, are those from Andro?

What about Donic Blue series or Stiga DNA Pro although i am not much into Stiga rubbers???

Oh my, i was very close to add this one, but because i didn't read about it or test it or even see it with others i didn't add, so now your recommendation will be this rubber, nice, i will give it a look, thank you :giggle:
(y)
Its excellent, very grippy and not too much catapult.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
G-1. 2.0mm.

If you are using anti, you are looking for ball that pops up so you will smash. For anti, you are also looking for soft spinning loops that you can counter.

G-1 is great for both. I don't think you are looking to loop with your forehand much.
Not sure because i can loop, i transit between inverted and LP and Anti anytime even in same game with some players, so if i will loop with one racket i might continue with other racket, but you can be also right, i might end up not looping much with this anti rubber racket.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Not sure because i can loop, i transit between inverted and LP and Anti anytime even in same game with some players, so if i will loop with one racket i might continue with other racket, but you can be also right, i might end up not looping much with this anti rubber racket.
By using an anti, you are aiming to put the other opponents in a tough, awkward position. Your opponent popping the ball up should be part of your game (or your intent).

In addition, if the opponent is good, he or she should try to pin you down on your anti side with soft, but yet spinny control loops. So if you want to get out of that situation, you would need to counter.

But G-1 is good for looping too.

You might want to get two separate blades of the same model, and try out a couple different set-up's. Then pick it.

This user has no status.
By using an anti, you are aiming to put the other opponents in a tough, awkward position. Your opponent popping the ball up should be part of your game (or your intent).

In addition, if the opponent is good, he or she should try to pin you down on your anti side with soft, but yet spinny control loops. So if you want to get out of that situation, you would need to counter.

But G-1 is good for looping too.

You might want to get two separate blades of the same model, and try out a couple different set-up's. Then pick it.

In fact i am good at blocking and directing, most of the time their sudden attack i just block or return back and they aren't ready for next one, i did that a lot before, but i will mimic the other player style where he is just chopping a lot returning balls as much as i can until the opponents either doing mistakes or getting tired or giving back easy balls good for attack, whatever it is i will try to practice or place more with it and see, i have two or three different robots, one can give back spin and top spin, and on is giving random shots to one direction sometimes it is little spinny and sometimes just empty, will train to at least understand the rubber a bit.

G-1 is good for loop, but Z2 for me is better, i tried both and i always prefer Z2 for looping, while G-1 i like it for direct smashing and counter back also close to the table.

I have two separate blades of same model already, one with inverted rubbers and the other with one LP on BH, and i have the third of same model also which now i want to put the anti on it, so three same model blades with different BH rubbers, two are already with Z2, this third i still not sure if again Z2 or try something else that could be another favorite FH rubber who knows, Z2 and G-1 are first two choices, i want to try something like Lazer suggested about Tibhar Hybrid MK, i can always remove and change rubber if i have to so it is not a big deal.