FS Killerspin Diamond TX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Apr 2014
1,883
1,464
3,430
Read 3 reviews
Found this recently, very good condition Killerspin Diamond TX with "custom" (non-original) handle, flared, 99 grams.

Good feeling as I remembered from when I had one many years ago, even quite well balanced, but overall still too heavy for me and my choice of rubbers.

I have fond memories of KS even without this lying around and I am not a collector, so maybe someone else finds a way to make good use of this.

Shipping to be calculated according to location of buyer, will send via DHL, trackable and insured.

Asking price for the blade: 40 Euro.
IMG_7844.jpg
IMG_7845.jpg
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Nov 2017
583
873
2,031
According to this old forum post, it's limba-texalium-hinoki-ayous. VERY unique structure. 99g is way too heavy for me, but that's a fascinating piece!
Unless Killerspin had changed the composition of that blade at some point, then the poster on mytt was/is obviously wrong about limba being the top ply, as the pictures above clearly show that the top ply is koto.
However it (meaning the composition - wheater is is koto or limba as the top ply) does sound somewhat exotic in general, as hinoki as a medial ply and texalium as a fiber are not too often used. Perhaps @Airoc could post a few pics from the side, in order to get a clearer view of the composition. I wouldn't be too surprised if, what is perceived or claimed to be as hinoki, is actually spruce.
 
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
Member
Mar 2025
446
667
2,884
Read 1 reviews
Unless Killerspin had changed the composition of that blade at some point, then the poster on mytt was/is obviously wrong about limba being the top ply, as the pictures above clearly show that the top ply is koto.
However it (meaning the composition - wheater is is koto or limba as the top ply) does sound somewhat exotic in general, as hinoki as a medial ply and texalium as a fiber are not too often used. Perhaps @Airoc could post a few pics from the side, in order to get a clearer view of the composition. I wouldn't be too surprised if, what is perceived or claimed to be as hinoki, is actually spruce.
Agreed on both counts; Airoc's photos do look like koto and other photos of the blade have a more fish-scaled koto look to them as well. And spruce would be much more common.

If it were 10g lighter, I'd buy it and investigate myself. I am curious how a blade with those materials would even get to 99g, though, unless the handle is completely solid.
 
Top