FZD is not using Infinity VPS?!

says I am a student from HK who is studying in Plymouth
says I am a student from HK who is studying in Plymouth
Feb 2013
There is a magazine called "table tennis world" in China. Their staff went to do the interview with him and take some photos for advertisements. They also took some photos of his bat. That's the source of these photos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
I just zoomed the picture posted by Martin and it definitely looks more like infinity vps. The line darker line through the edge profile of the blade is definitely brown or brownish. Not blue like the arylate of the Viscaria. Compare and contrast the color of the line to the blue in the sponge and the colors of the stipes of the brown in the handle. It's closer to the handle stripes. Also the thickness of the line seems too large to be a viscaria.

The kid says he uses a wood blade at the suggestion of his coach. So you're suggesting not only is he lying about the blade but also the composition of the blade. I don't buy it.

says http://www.tenisdemesaparatodos.com/jugadores_ficha.asp?c...
says http://www.tenisdemesaparatodos.com/jugadores_ficha.asp?c...
Jan 2013
the plys are brown like infinity vps v, but for me lookslike viscaria

Sin títddddddulo.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013

View attachment 5479

If you blow up the picture you get a pretty good look at the edge. Specifically a mm above the tenergy you see a relatively brownish line. Its not the blue thin line of arylate, as seen in a Viscaria. It's too thin and not blue at all, to be a Viscaria. Based on that and his explanation about an all wood blade if I was forced to bet, I would wager on the Infinity vps. Nothing makes me think Viscaria though.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012

View attachment 5479

if I look at this pic I would actually go for viscaria.
why?
between the dark line and the center thick ply you can see another very light line.
this is present in viscaria but not in infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012

View attachment 5479

if I look at this pic I would actually go for viscaria.
why?
between the dark line and the center thick ply you can see another very light line.
this is present in viscaria but not in infinity.

also the dark ply seems too thin, doesn't look lilke the 2nd ply of infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Reactions: bachikho
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh god, you guys are sooooooo silly.

First of all who really cares.

Second of all, Stiga makes plenty of blades that he can use.

With Wang Liqin, there was an obvious reason why he uses a Stiga Clipper with a DHS handle. He was always using a Clipper and then DHS made a blade for him and wanted him to use it. It was a Clipper clone. But, he liked the real thing better and so got a DHS handle put onto a Clipper. So he could keep the nationalist pride of using DHS and being sponsored by DHS but continuing to use the racket he was using.

If Fan Zhendong was not using the racket he says he is using, he could choose any other racket. Stiga has plenty of rackets that have materials similar to Arylate, and he could easily have Stiga make him a racket he wants to use. Or, if he really wanted to use a Butterfly racket like Viscaria, he could easily just get Butterfly to sponsor him. There would be no reason for him to pretend.

Look at Zhang Jike. They have several signature rackets for him at Butterfly. But he keeps using Viscaria. He does not have to pretend. If Fan Zhendong wanted to use a Viscaria, why wouldn't he just use one???????

I think this kind of speculation is foolish unless you have real proof, like Fan saying it himself, or a rep from Butterfly attesting to the fact that he is using a Butterfly blade with a Stiga handle. But in interviews Fan says he is using all wood because he listened to one of his mentors, Wang Hao, recommend that he use an all wood blade. Why would he just flat out lie.

And I have hit with the Infinity blade. It is a great blade. It is as good as any blade out there. And it has that classic Stiga crispness that so many players on the Chinese National Team like so much.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Oh god, you guys are sooooooo silly.

First of all who really cares.

Second of all, Stiga makes plenty of blades that he can use.

With Wang Liqin, there was an obvious reason why he uses a Stiga Clipper with a DHS handle. He was always using a Clipper and then DHS made a blade for him and wanted him to use it. It was a Clipper clone. But, he liked the real thing better and so got a DHS handle put onto a Clipper. So he could keep the nationalist pride of using DHS and being sponsored by DHS but continuing to use the racket he was using.

If Fan Zhendong was not using the racket he says he is using, he could choose any other racket. Stiga has plenty of rackets that have materials similar to Arylate, and he could easily have Stiga make him a racket he wants to use. Or, if he really wanted to use a Butterfly racket like Viscaria, he could easily just get Butterfly to sponsor him. There would be no reason for him to pretend.

Look at Zhang Jike. They have several signature rackets for him at Butterfly. But he keeps using Viscaria. He does not have to pretend. If Fan Zhendong wanted to use a Viscaria, why wouldn't he just use one???????

I think this kind of speculation is foolish unless you have real proof, like Fan saying it himself, or a rep from Butterfly attesting to the fact that he is using a Butterfly blade with a Stiga handle. But in interviews Fan says he is using all wood because he listened to one of his mentors, Wang Hao, recommend that he use an all wood blade. Why would he just flat out lie.

And I have hit with the Infinity blade. It is a great blade. It is as good as any blade out there. And it has that classic Stiga crispness that so many players on the Chinese National Team like so much.

Its a fact that FZD is not using Stiga rubbers, but Stiga claims he is using Stiga rubbers :)
So some one from Stiga is telling a lie as FZD is using T05 on backhand