G-1

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Fastarc_list_cba19744-7d3e-4bad-832d-0da44882c1f9_1005x1500.jpg

According to Nittaku, G1 has the highest arc within the series, despite having the hardest sponge. I think pimple structure and surface tackiness also play a role somewhere.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
According to Nittaku, G1 has the highest arc within the series, despite having the hardest sponge. I think pimple structure and surface tackiness also play a role somewhere.

And it's interesting to compare the pairs which share something, like:
G1, C1 - same top-sheet, diff. sponge
C1, S1 - same sponge (seems to be anyway), diff. top-sheet

So, generally softer sponge and softer top-sheet both lead to lower throw angle... Still I think it comes to preference, as always. I mean, Rakza X is a bit harder, it's top-sheet doesn't feel much softer than G-1 and yet for me it has slightly lower throw angle and is even better for blocking, so - subjective. Cheers.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

G1 Fastarc plays much like the old Medieval wall-breaking bombarda, --the ball travelling forward without spin. It proved to be weapon of total destruction since in Mima hand.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It is direct. Not as much catapult as other ESN rubbers. The sponge is also harder.

That is why its arc is on the low side.
G1 has the Tenergy 05 short pimple configuration. It is designed to give relatively high arc. The arc you actually get on your strokes is a matter of technique amongst other things, everyone does this a bit differently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
And it's interesting to compare the pairs which share something, like:
G1, C1 - same top-sheet, diff. sponge
C1, S1 - same sponge (seems to be anyway), diff. top-sheet

So, generally softer sponge and softer top-sheet both lead to lower throw angle... Still I think it comes to preference, as always. I mean, Rakza X is a bit harder, it's top-sheet doesn't feel much softer than G-1 and yet for me it has slightly lower throw angle and is even better for blocking, so - subjective. Cheers.

I have both C1 and S1. The C1 sponge measures 45d and the S1 sponge measures 40d. Also, after regluing to different blades, chunks of the sponge come off S1 but never from the C1. I highly doubt they are the same sponge.