Genesis vs shining dragon vs rising dragon vs TG3-60 ???

Hello, first Merry Xmas 4 all :)

Someone can tell me the difference between Stiga genesis,TG3-60, Rising dragon and Shining dragon?
I have been looking for information about this topic, specially abput shining dragon, however there is little, the 3 rubbers promise in their description is Japanese and Chinese surface

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I had a brief hit with Genesis and a few hours with Rising Dragon and 3-60. Although I do not play with Chinese rubbers, it was just a testing phase, here is my opinion.

The general problem of sticky rubbers is their slowness - when they are untuned and you "do not break" your arm when swinging.

Genesis is a different kind of rubber as it is completely non-sticky - it does not have the spin of sticky rubbers nor the speed/catapult of Tensors - in my opinion a waste of money - it is expensive.

Rising Dragon plays like what it is - a sticky topsheet with a Japanese sponge. It resembles a classical Chinese rubber most of these three.

3-60 mid-hard was the one I liked most of them, it was the best hybrid I tried so far - it resembles of a tensor while being tacky. So it is for now "the best of both worlds" I have tried so far. Genesis seemed to combine only the disadvantages of "both worlds" to me...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Shining Dragon is only slightly tacky but faster than Rising Dragon.
YSD can be boosted but throw angle will change to medium.
YRD doesn't work with booster oil though it domes and everything ... But I am seeing QA problems with YRD top sheet separating even with brand new rubber.
TG Skyline 3-60 is true Chinese rubber and works really well boosted or unboosted.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
And i have absolutely different feelings about this rubbers...
YRD is clasic tensor with sticky topsheet ..i do not like ... fast bouncy ...the speed linearity is not like on the chinese rubbers ...and it is heavy .

TG3-60 ....perfect rubber ...but it really change characteristic in humid environment ... so this is why i`m stopping to use it .. but i got a multiple people to love it .Great for all.

Stiga genesis ... just the best from them all ... it has this linearity in speed and the top sheet is softer and with the best grip from them all. and i can really feel how the ball sinks into it .. best feel ,and best spin from all of them .This only rubber comes close to National versions of dhs rubbers ... and it is good also for boosting.

YSD i did not test

Reactions: Ivan Muratalla
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
I have not boosted Genesis but unboosted I do not see its advantages - it is not sticky and does not play like a sticky rubber. And there are many grippy rubbers that I would prefer.

Anyway, we all agreed that the 3-60 is good so that would probably be the rubber to choose if someone intends to buy only one of these rubbers...;)

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
And i have absolutely different feelings about this rubbers...
YRD is clasic tensor with sticky topsheet ..i do not like ... fast bouncy ...the speed linearity is not like on the chinese rubbers ...and it is heavy .

TG3-60 ....perfect rubber ...but it really change characteristic in humid environment ... so this is why i`m stopping to use it .. but i got a multiple people to love it .Great for all.

Stiga genesis ... just the best from them all ... it has this linearity in speed and the top sheet is softer and with the best grip from them all. and i can really feel how the ball sinks into it .. best feel ,and best spin from all of them .This only rubber comes close to National versions of dhs rubbers ... and it is good also for boosting.

YSD i did not test

One of my tournament opponents used Genesis M on both sides of his bat. He was a controlled looper with an emphasis on spin and placement over speed and had relatively big strokes. After the match we had a chat and he basically repeated what you wrote (my emphasis in bold) above. Almost had me convinced to try Genesis :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I spent a session with Genesis M and on a blade I haven't tried before
it was a bit soft for my liking
non sticky - correct
good grip - correct
feeling sinking into the sponge - yes I can feel that
Best spin - I'm not sure yet, it still doesn't beat my H3 neo national blue sponge (heck, this isn't a fair comparison), but I think it is enough spin compared to most rubbers.
Speed - feels like the Genesis M is similar to my H3 neo - which I am quiet impress as my blue sponge is 40 Deg and tuned :p so it is a good fast rubber

I think I would like a Genesis H if one was made
The M is really good and the sponge hardness is fine for backhand too.
I made up a Genesis S on another bat, but I gave it to another coach to test out

Last edited:
I have never seen such conflicting reviews of Genesis rubber. Someone indicates a sticky, others a non-sticky surface of the rubber. Can you please specify whether you used a new rubber or an older one. In the case of older ones, if you clean the rubber after the game and use foil for the cover or not. If you do not clean and do not apply foil, the coating will gradually lose its stickiness.
Thank you for the clarification

Last edited: