glue sheet usage

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Does anyone out there use glue sheets in stead of rubber glue?
I can understand that when you're ej-ing / changing rubbers often, you use rubber glue, but when you're settled on a blade and rubbers combination, why not use glue sheets?
They seem very comfy to use, super flat results too and you are done in a minute.
I'm using glue sheets for the last 3-4 years now and I'm never going back to glue again.
To me glue sheets offer a much better gluing result which is always super perfect, without any of the disadvantages of regular glue.
The only thing with glue sheets is that they might make the whole bat 2-3grs heavier than glue.

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
I was wondering about that too. Never used one. How do you use them? How to ensure you lay the sheet down evenly, without any bubbles? You can't roll them, right?
First, peel off one side of the protection film and adhere the sheet to the blade. The other side is still protected, so you can use a roller. Then remove the second film and attach the rubber

Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I have used glue sheets at least 15-20 times. They work great and I have yet to discover a real disadvantage compared to traditional glue, besides the cost (and even that is not too bad).

I have asked many TT players what they think about glue sheets. Lots have said that they dont know since they never tried them. Others have been definitely glue sheet haters claiming that it reduces "feel". What is really interesting is when I have asked the haters which rubbers they used the glue sheet with, almost all of the time the response was........well, I have never actually tried using a glue sheet. I just know.

WTF???!!!! I guess some people like to be "experts" without actually bothering to do proper hands-on research. While I am open to the idea that different glueing methods work differently for different players (just like different rubbers/blades work better for some people than for others), people should at least try them a few times before declaring that they are really only good for hobby players or other nonsense like that.

Other people claim that rubber sheets are not any good since the top professional players don't use them. So what? The top pros dont use standard rubbers or blades that you buy from a normal TT distributor. Lots of their gear is custom made or at least better than what us regular players can buy. That doesn't mean that regular Tenergy or Dignics or whatever model of rubber that is bought through conventional distributors is garbage and only suitable for low level hobby players.

This user has no status.
Amazing for blades with certain outside plys of wood.

For example limba I cannot get it to work on because the super open grain doesn't get filled in like with glue and the sheet sits on top, this can make small bubbles appear when rolling on the rubber.

For koto it's literally the best, they also retain some stick so if you edge the bat and the rubber comes up slightly you can just press it back down.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I am planning to stick a Dignics09c on a heavily sealed blade with a gluing sheet. I do not actually believe the fearmaker thoughts that it reduces feel. Most of the comment about gluing sheet have not stated such occurrence. So I am open trying the gluing sheet out for inverted rubber. For anti I have done so and worked okay, but my Revolution 3-glued Dignics09C came loose after 3 weeks off the heavily sealed blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
glue sheet is great for ox pimple rubbers.

the reason why pros don't use it, is because they can use many layers of glue, according to the preference they prefer
I assume one could put many years of glue sheets too, but I don't think any one has investigated in that....

Reactions: brokenball
says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I have asked many TT players what they think about glue sheets. Lots have said that they dont know since they never tried them. Others have been definitely glue sheet haters claiming that it reduces "feel". What is really interesting is when I have asked the haters which rubbers they used the glue sheet with, almost all of the time the response was........well, I have never actually tried using a glue sheet. I just know.

WTF???!!!! I guess some people like to be "experts" without actually bothering to do proper hands-on research.
That's exactly the point: Most players have a negative opinion about glue sheets, without ever having tried them!
They give their "expert" opinion without any real experience!

A friend of mine who considers himself "an expert" on equipment, was telling me that glue sheets do not give the same "spring effect" that glue has and glue sheets are inferior in this area
As I have two identical blades and in order to test his theory, I've had two identical setups (same blade, same rubbers) one with Bfly glue and one with glue sheets. I gave them both to play with and tell me which one was with glue and which one was with glue sheets. He actually couldn't find any difference and we repeated the test about 5-6 times!
So everything said about glue sheets is bull***t. They just never tried them. At first, even I was biased that glue gives a more springy effect....

Reactions: Wakkibatty
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Glue sheet holds ox lp better than glue particularly where the finger sometimes touches the pips.
I like the extra stability and that the 0.1mm thickness of the glue sheet helps the grip when chopping and pushblocking,this is more important than passive reversal to me.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The glue sheets i used were the ones from XVT, they stick like shit to a blanket and both sides stick the same.
I use my "roller stick" to roll the first side onto the blade , then trim the sheet and remove the second paper cover and again roll the rubber onto the blade just the same as it were glue.
Very solid bond.
The problem for me was the removing of the glue sheets from the sponge and i now only use them for situations where I know the rubber will only be removed from the blade to replace it an biff it.
The rather expensive branded versions of glue sheets , so i was told, have different "stickability " on either side so might come off the rubbers better.
Horses for courses me finks :cool:

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
The glue sheets i used were the ones from XVT, they stick like shit to a blanket and both sides stick the same.

The problem for me was the removing of the glue sheets from the sponge and i now only use them for situations where I know the rubber will only be removed from the blade to replace it an biff it.
The rather expensive branded versions of glue sheets , so i was told, have different "stickability " on either side so might come off the rubbers better.
Horses for courses me finks :cool:
XVT are cheap, low quality Chinese glue sheets that I wouldn't suggest using them.

Personally I use Tibhar Duo and never had a problem. Tibhar Duo has different gluing intensity on each side: The "weak one" sticks to the blade and the "strong one" is for the rubber.

The correct way is to remove the rubber first (so the glue sheet remains on the blade) and then very carefully you remove the glue sheet from the blade. This way, the rubber comes of clean with no glue residues and you can stick them to another blade if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
I am planning to stick a Dignics09c on a heavily sealed blade with a gluing sheet. I do not actually believe the fearmaker thoughts that it reduces feel. Most of the comment about gluing sheet have not stated such occurrence. So I am open trying the gluing sheet out for inverted rubber. For anti I have done so and worked okay, but my Revolution 3-glued Dignics09C came loose after 3 weeks off the heavily sealed blade.
You wont' notice anything

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
It's not bollocks, it's common sense and experience. Nonetheless, you are entitled to your own opinion. Follow your method if it suits you
Well, now that you have edited it and corrected the procedure it makes more sense.
But of course it is still bollocks because if you have the weak side on the blade and the sticky side on the rubber you will never get the rubber off and leave the glue sheet on the blade.

You might have common sense but no experience.🤣🤣🤣