GLUING inverted rubber top sheet back to my sponge. HELP needed!!

This user has no status.
Much appreciated for any help or advice.:D

I used to play TT a lot a few years ago and I'm picking up again.
I need a racket in doing so BUT the top sheets of my old racket seem to have detached from my sponges after about a week of use. I did some research.

All in all, I peeled the two sheets and tried to glue it back on by applying water glue to both the sponge and the tip of the pimples. I waited for both to turn transparent and here is the problem.

For the black side, I just slapped it on. Then I put some books on to apply force, which would apparently enhance the adhesive capability.
For the red side, however, I used a roller to roll them together from the bottom to the top of the racket before putting the books on again.

The result is the red sheet is protruding out 0.5 cm whereas the black sheet isn’t, so I assume I have done it the wrong way for one of the side or even both sides.

What should I do now?

BTW, my red rubber and black rubber are hurricane 2(狂飆2) and hurricane 3(狂飆3) respectively. I don't know what my blade is but I know that it is a 5 stars pre-made racket.

This user has no status.
Here is an image just to make it clearer.
DSC_0539.jpg

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Much appreciated for any help or advice.:D

I used to play TT a lot a few years ago and I'm picking up again.
I need a racket in doing so BUT the top sheets of my old racket seem to have detached from my sponges after about a week of use. I did some research.

All in all, I peeled the two sheets and tried to glue it back on by applying water glue to both the sponge and the tip of the pimples. I waited for both to turn transparent and here is the problem.

For the black side, I just slapped it on. Then I put some books on to apply force, which would apparently enhance the adhesive capability.
For the red side, however, I used a roller to roll them together from the bottom to the top of the racket before putting the books on again.

The result is the red sheet is protruding out 0.5 cm whereas the black sheet isn’t, so I assume I have done it the wrong way for one of the side or even both sides.

What should I do now?

BTW, my red rubber and black rubber are hurricane 2(狂飆2) and hurricane 3(狂飆3) respectively. I don't know what my blade is but I know that it is a 5 stars pre-made racket.
If you have a budget, my advice would be to buy two new sheets of rubber.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
If you have a budget, my advice would be to buy two new sheets of rubber.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

As you know, I just started again so I want to prove to myself that I am able to keep on playing before investing too much, just in case I might quite. Even though I don't want to admit possibility of not having that perseverance.

It doesn't sound optimal for improving techniques to insist on using these rubbers. Still, would it be that bad to use it for a month? Then, I can convince myself to switch.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Try them. See how they play. If you really don't like the red one that way, take off the topsheet and do it again without rolling.

After you try, you can decide if you should keep them, if they are good enough; or if you should buy new.

Commercial H3 is not that expensive. So you can also rationalize that way. Ultimately it is more likely you will want to continue playing if you are using good equipment. So, the investment might be worth it.

Globe, 729, Yinhe Big Dipper are other rubbers like H3 that are also not that expensive.

Reactions: nivekkan