Got new Sanwei F3 Pro, surprisingly flexy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20230328_192810.jpg
well i was looking to try a good blade that is somewhat different from the typical koto alc and limba inner fibre models. This Sanwei F3 pro is ayous, spruce, alc. So i was curious how the difference would affect the character of the blade

I find that this blade is very soft and flexy, even more than HL5. It has a very woody feeling and feels quite a lot like Yasaka Offensive Ma Lin but with more speed.

Im not sure yet if I like the extra flex or if its beneficial for my style. It feels kinda weird to me, but maybe i just need to get used to it. But maybe because of the flex, I find the blade has a rather comfortable long high arc. Most balls seem to clear the net easily and land deep on the table.

Im surprised because I read a lot of reviews that said F3 Pro is very stiff, but that's completely bogus.

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I knew that there were several versions of the Sanwei f3 pro.
here is one that has no spruce but Ayous.
Maybe you got the "softy version" 😂

SANWEI F3 Pro Table tennis blade 5 wood+ 2 Arylate carbon premium ayous surface OFF++ ping pong racket bat paddle tenis de mesa

Replacing the original F3 Kiri core by Ayous, and replacing Keviar by Arylate carbon, cover with the ayous surface, which makes this blade to be an excellent all-around type, offering the balanced feeling of power, speed, and spin. (Special design handle, made by brand-new sticker shaping production technique.)

Style: Fast attack/loop

Ply: 5 + 2 ALC

Speed: 8

Control: 9
No I think that's the same one I have. It's Ayous-Spruce-ALC-Ayous core construction. Alot of places (even Megaspin for example) have this blade listed as a Timo Boll ALC/Viscaria clone.

That is completely wrong! It is much softer than TB ALC, and even softer than HL5. It is a high flex, woody, soft-feeling blade. It's much more similar to HL5, and actually even softer and flexier than HL5.

But at least this fits into my understanding of wood. A ayous/spruce construction by definition should be softer than limba/ayous, and that's what I find to be true.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Anybody else have either the F3 Pro or the newer Paramid?
I have tried Paramid. It's a super fine blade with great speed and a nice hollow sound. Touch is good and controllable. I had to use slower rubbers on this one compared to my Yinhe V14 PRO, to make it work for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I have tried Paramid. It's a super fine blade with great speed and a nice hollow sound. Touch is good and controllable. I had to use slower rubbers on this one compared to my Yinhe V14 PRO, to make it work for me.
So is the Paramid quite different from what I wroteabout the F3 pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I have an old F3 from a dozen years ago. I think I also bought it thinking it'd be a TB ALC clone, but it ended up being a lot softer and flexier, besides being an inner composite (Kevlar) composition. I didn't like that it was too head heavy despite the low weight, but it was probably my favorite blade back then.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I talked to the club coach tonight about the f3 pro and he confirmed that what I
had somewhere in my memory was correct : "Sanwei made two different version of the F3 pro".
He even showed them to me, same blue handle but one version was an outer carbon and the other an inner layer.
This explains why there are two different opinions and review -results.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I talked to the club coach tonight about the f3 pro and he confirmed that what I
had somewhere in my memory was correct : "Sanwei made two different version of the F3 pro".
He even showed them to me, same blue handle but one version was an outer carbon and the other an inner layer.
This explains why there are two different opinions and review -results.
Interesting