Haifu rubbers are they good?

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I just cut the Haifu Whale and Shark onto my blade. Surprisingly, these rubbers are quite light. I had Battle 2 on it before, and its way way lighter than before.
did you measure the weight of the uncut rubbers and the hardness?

I am not surprised that Haifu rubbers are relatively light. Rubbers are getting heavier since 40+ Era.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
did you measure the weight of the uncut rubbers and the hardness?

I am not surprised that Haifu rubbers are relatively light. Rubbers are getting heavier since 40+ Era.
Are you saying these rubbers are from a different era?

I didn't measure the weight or hardness. But just by pushing my finger, they seemed as described, 39 and 37 degree.

Jan 2023
Are you saying these rubbers are from a different era?

I didn't measure the weight or hardness. But just by pushing my finger, they seemed as described, 39 and 37 degree.
On revspin, review of haifu Whale 3 goes back to 2012, before 40+. So at least the topsheet modrl is quite old.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
On revspin, review of haifu Whale 3 goes back to 2012, before 40+. So at least the topsheet modrl is quite old.
I also really dont even know what rubber I got. It says "whale power" on the rubber, and ITTF 90-001

Is it whale 1, 2, or 3?

The red rubber says "shark speed" and ITTF 90-002.

Jan 2023
But so is H3 isn't it?
true, the tackiness could be changed, also the sponge beneath could be anything. I just think it is unlikely for Haifu to have some massive change/development in their no longer ITTF approved rubbers.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tried the unboosted haifu rubbers today. The shark speed is not fast at all, it has no catapult, but the topsheet is pretty decent. Its kinda like a yinhe moon topsheet on top of a soft H9 sponge. Need to test the booster on it to see how it performs. Im debating whether i should boost it with the whale 2 booster or seamoon.

The whale power rubber is a pretty decent tacky chinese forehand rubber. It has a healhty angle, and loops quite well. Feels fairly close to H3, so for $8 this is good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20230906_075545.jpg

The haifu rubbers curled up quite a lot from seamoon. I hope i didnt overboost them.

Will test if the catapult improves from this.

• Wow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
View attachment 26551

The haifu rubbers curled up quite a lot from seamoon. I hope i didnt overboost them.

Will test if the catapult improves from this.
When your rubbers curl up this much, do you need to wait several days before gluing it?

Or do you just use extra glue on the edges to glue it on?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I usually don't wait for the curl to go down. I just slap the rubber on but that does make it harder to glue.

Someone mentioned that you should put a book on it overnight and the rubber will become more flat. I agree with that.

I think hurricane boosted does come alive. I have boosted Big Dipper, Sanwei Target National and Mercury II. Sorry they do not come alive like hurricane.

So I have stopped EJ'ing with Chinese rubbers. Hurricane is special in that way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ok I tested the Haifu Whale and Shark with 2 layers of booster each and I am ready to report.

Honestly, without exaggerating, Haifu Whale is just a really really good solid rubber. Not much to complain about it at all. It's got a bit of speed, it grippy and spinny, its got good control, and it is just a looping machine. I felt like I couldn't miss any of my loops from any position on the court. It's similar enough to H3, but I would say it feels more like H8. It's a little faster and speed oriented than H3 is, thus more similar to H8. I got it for $8, so its the best rubber at that price that I have seen. It's better than Rxton 5 in my opinion. My only complaint is that I wish it was harder, but I only see it available on 39d on Aliexpress. So for $8, you get a rubber that performs similarly to Hurricane. I count this as a big win.

Haifu Shark is a big disappointment. I shouldn't be too surprised, as most Chinese companies can't make a very good BH tensor type rubber just yet. Basically, the rubber just doesn't have enough catapult and rebound, even with 2 layers of seamoon. Much of the time when I used my bh, the ball would slip into the net due to the lack of rebound. Even if it cleared the net, it often would land very short on the table. So this rubber to me just doesn't make sense on the bh. It kinda suffers from the same problem H8-80 does on the bh. My guess is that this rubber is very similar to H9. Next time I will try applying some VOC Haifu Whale 2 speed glue onto the rubber to see if that can save the rubber at all, but I doubt it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok I tested the Haifu Whale and Shark with 2 layers of booster each and I am ready to report.

Honestly, without exaggerating, Haifu Whale is just a really really good solid rubber. Not much to complain about it at all. It's got a bit of speed, it grippy and spinny, its got good control, and it is just a looping machine. I felt like I couldn't miss any of my loops from any position on the court. It's similar enough to H3, but I would say it feels more like H8. It's a little faster and speed oriented than H3 is, thus more similar to H8. I got it for $8, so its the best rubber at that price that I have seen. It's better than Rxton 5 in my opinion. My only complaint is that I wish it was harder, but I only see it available on 39d on Aliexpress. So for $8, you get a rubber that performs similarly to Hurricane. I count this as a big win.

Haifu Shark is a big disappointment. I shouldn't be too surprised, as most Chinese companies can't make a very good BH tensor type rubber just yet. Basically, the rubber just doesn't have enough catapult and rebound, even with 2 layers of seamoon. Much of the time when I used my bh, the ball would slip into the net due to the lack of rebound. Even if it cleared the net, it often would land very short on the table. So this rubber to me just doesn't make sense on the bh. It kinda suffers from the same problem H8-80 does on the bh. My guess is that this rubber is very similar to H9. Next time I will try applying some VOC Haifu Whale 2 speed glue onto the rubber to see if that can save the rubber at all, but I doubt it.
Haifu Whale is as tacky as Mercury II and Hurricane?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Haifu Whale is as tacky as Mercury II and Hurricane?
Never tried Mercury. Whale is semi-tacky, like the most recent versions of Hurricane. It's not as tacky as the old hurricane, but it is similar tackiness to the recent hurricanes, which are less tacky than before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Never tried Mercury. Whale is semi-tacky, like the most recent versions of Hurricane. It's not as tacky as the old hurricane, but it is similar tackiness to the recent hurricanes, which are less tacky than before.
Mercury is the only one that is as tacky as the old hurricane. But no catapult and too slow. I am still looking for the old hurricane....

Battle II is promising but I keep on getting sucked into doubles match where my partner does not want to lose so I am not able to EJ the stuff I put on lately.