Has anyone tried the new Timo Boll CAF?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Is there a target demographic for this blade? Seems like it might be suited towards juniors looking to upgrade to composite blades by the sound of it. Maybe I’ll look into it in the future if I ever feel like I need more speed than a Korbel, which I doubt will be anytime soon.

This user has no status.
Is there a target demographic for this blade? Seems like it might be suited towards juniors looking to upgrade to composite blades by the sound of it. Maybe I’ll look into it in the future if I ever feel like I need more speed than a Korbel, which I doubt will be anytime soon.

Isn't the "junior" blades usually smaller in size so that kids can lift it? Is it small? I think it is 152X150 which is a bit smaller than most butterfly blades but not as small as the ones that is certainly marketed towards juniors, like the TB TJ, B allround XXS or TB J.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Isn't the "junior" blades usually smaller in size so that kids can lift it? Is it small? I think it is 152X150 which is a bit smaller than most butterfly blades but not as small as the ones that is certainly marketed towards juniors, like the TB TJ, B allround XXS or TB J.

It's definitely not for the juniors, I'd say it's more for intermediate players. Regular headsize 157 x 150 mm. Quite underrated if you ask me.

Reactions: nivekkan
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Me estoy mirando la korbel SK7, mi duda está entre coger algo de nivel un poco superior para no tener que cambiar de cuchilla cada poco tiempo, cómo lo ves?

The Korbel SK7 is not higher level, it's just harder and faster than the regular Korbel. The regular Korbel is the safest choice not to hinder your progress... 5-ply wood allows for more touch and control which is very important when you're a developing player... and you could play with it forever, just upgrade rubbers as you go.

PS: More pros play with the Korbel than the SK7. If it's good enough for the pros, it's good enough for you...

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Do you have a H301 too? How does it compare?

No, I've never tried the H301.

From what I've read and understand though, the H301 is an ALC which feels a bit hard and is very fast.

The CAF feels very much like an all-wood blade, very good touch, the koto outer doesn't feel hard here but it still packs a punch. I'd compare it most to the Innerforce ALC.

Reactions: Silver Server