HELP about choosing new FH weapon

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
I guess you think Euro footwork and Chinese footwork is simliar....
So I take back my advice, you seem to know a lot.

No I don't think so, I know everything about both footworks, I have watched a lot of videos, and I also we had one chinese in our club before few years.

This user has no status.
Maybe it's better not to change rubber if you think it would be so hard

Have you played with Chinese rubbers before? What made you want to change to them?

I agree that changing rubbers especially tensor to Chinese is hard, but you can always try them like what I said, for your betterment. A good coach can help you transition easier, but the change will take time.

You can just try the ones mentioned, h3 Neo commercial and skyline Neo ones. If you are really determined in changing your forehand rubber, we can't impose what's right or wrong for you. You just have to find out, along with your coach, the best setup for you. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Feb 2013
Have you played with Chinese rubbers before? What made you want to change to them?

I agree that changing rubbers especially tensor to Chinese is hard, but you can always try them like what I said, for your betterment. A good coach can help you transition easier, but the change will take time.

You can just try the ones mentioned, h3 Neo commercial and skyline Neo ones. If you are really determined in changing your forehand rubber, we can't impose what's right or wrong for you. You just have to find out, along with your coach, the best setup for you. :)

I just want to correct my forehand technique that's why. Maybe it looks good but I don't feel that my contact with the ball is the best, that's why I think I could make it better with chinese rubbers.

I don't have a couch that would be interested in something like this and he could never understand why do I do something like this. I didn't want to directly change and start playing wirh new rubber, I have 2 blades and I could first test it out for some time.

But I will see what I could do. Thanks a lot

This user has no status.
I just want to correct my forehand technique that's why. Maybe it looks good but I don't feel that my contact with the ball is the best, that's why I think I could make it better with chinese rubbers.

I don't have a couch that would be interested in something like this and he could never understand why do I do something like this. I didn't want to directly change and start playing wirh new rubber, I have 2 blades and I could first test it out for some time.

But I will see what I could do. Thanks a lot

I played with chinese rubbers, when i was playing table tennis for like 3 years we went to rotterdam for the wttc (When I never watched table tennis matches before) but when I saw the match from ma long against ma lin I was inspired byb ma long to get as good as him and from then Im a huge ma long fan.

So I watched alot more of ma longs matches over the internet and once I found out what forehand rubber he used I was like lets give it a try. I went from Mark V to a dhs skyline 3 neo and at the start it was a pain to use. my loops went alot slower and when I tried to loop faster the ball went off the table and it was also very hard to generate spin on short backspin serves but I found out that you just have to wait for the tacky surface to get less tacky and more grippy.

After some months playing with the rubbers my loops where still slow and I did not know a solution. But then I finally knew why; you have to take every ball earlier because when you let the ball drop a bit it was a struggle to create power in your shots and I also found out you have to play with the chinese loop technique for this rubber to really work (longer swing and use your waist and weight transfer to create power).

I hope you can do something with this. This was just how I experienced the rubber.

Reactions: Suga D
Feb 2013
I played with chinese rubbers, when i was playing table tennis for like 3 years we went to rotterdam for the wttc (When I never watched table tennis matches before) but when I saw the match from ma long against ma lin I was inspired byb ma long to get as good as him and from then Im a huge ma long fan.

So I watched alot more of ma longs matches over the internet and once I found out what forehand rubber he used I was like lets give it a try. I went from Mark V to a dhs skyline 3 neo and at the start it was a pain to use. my loops went alot slower and when I tried to loop faster the ball went off the table and it was also very hard to generate spin on short backspin serves but I found out that you just have to wait for the tacky surface to get less tacky and more grippy.

After some months playing with the rubbers my loops where still slow and I did not know a solution. But then I finally knew why; you have to take every ball earlier because when you let the ball drop a bit it was a struggle to create power in your shots and I also found out you have to play with the chinese loop technique for this rubber to really work (longer swing and use your waist and weight transfer to create power).

I hope you can do something with this. This was just how I experienced the rubber.

Okay I want you guys to know that my technique is really not bad. I take every ball very early and I do transfer weight from right side to left and forward.
I shouldn't have troubles with that and I think I could easily develop new modified technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Okay I want you guys to know that my technique is really not bad. I take every ball very early and I do transfer weight from right side to left and forward.
I shouldn't have troubles with that and I think I could easily develop new modified technique.

Then I think you should give it a try.You have convinced us that you can play with Chinese rubbers,now its left to you to convince yourself

Reactions: akonebrahim
Feb 2013
Then I think you should give it a try.You have convinced us that you can play with Chinese rubbers,now its left to you to convince yourself

Just got one sheet of used tibhar grip-s, will try it soon, But it doesn't feel much tacky and can't hold ball even for a second. Is there way to fix tackiness?

This user has no status.
For old rubbers there isn't really a way to get back the tackyness. I read that some people used olive or sunflower oil to regain some of the grip, but I'm not sure if it really works and if it does what other effects it has on the rubber so I won't recommend it.

If you want a tacky medium-hard rubber you could try the neos tacky. I've been using it since I started playing and feel like it's a very good rubber. It requires a huge amount of footwork to get good results though. Since the rubber doesn't have a lot of acceleration by itself you need to generate almost all the speed from your body.

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
Just got one sheet of used tibhar grip-s, will try it soon, But it doesn't feel much tacky and can't hold ball even for a second. Is there way to fix tackiness?

You can try the Haifu Blue Whale 2. It is a Chinese rubber but the topsheet is softer and it is similar to grip s.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
For old rubbers there isn't really a way to get back the tackyness. I read that some people used olive or sunflower oil to regain some of the grip, but I'm not sure if it really works and if it does what other effects it has on the rubber so I won't recommend it.

If you want a tacky medium-hard rubber you could try the neos tacky. I've been using it since I started playing and feel like it's a very good rubber. It requires a huge amount of footwork to get good results though. Since the rubber doesn't have a lot of acceleration by itself you need to generate almost all the speed from your body.

I tried the oil trick.doesnt work at all.It make your rubber get damaged.

Reactions: Suga D