Help to decide new Table Tennis BLAADE yee

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi everyone, I love table tennis! yeee

I started this discussion as my first post in the forum because I'm in doubt about what's going to be my next equipment! I have been training and competing for around 5 years already, and I LOVE IT.

My current equipment is Xiom Stradivarius with Hurricane 8 FH and Hurricane 3 NEO BH. I know it can be a weird combination (my coaches also told me). But I've been with it for almost 3 years already and it helped me win a lot, but now I'm planning on getting a new blade, because mine have lost quality and my rubbers are also damaged and I want to improve my game, wanna get more powerful shots and keep developing my technique. I've been searching for blades and I really like the Fan Zhendong ALC. But my question is what rubbers should I put on it, I've read some reviews, and I found that it works well with medium to hard rubbers, I know tenergy are very good option but they're too expensive for me. Then I found that Donic Baracuda on both sides, could be also a great option for intermediate players, but not too sure if they would be a good with Fan Zhendong ALC. I'm an offensive player who likes to play FH loop a lot and have also shots with maximum spin and speed and I love to move around the table and be super agile, but I also want to develop my technique more and more and grow as a player. Also SORRY for my english I'm still learning and yeee I love this language! anyway

Big thanks to everyone who read my comment and I hope someone can help me with this decision.

BTW I was planning on buying my equipment in this store h ttps://vsport-tt.com/es/maderas-de-tenis-de-mesa/madera-butterfly-fan-zhendong-alc#/35-mango-fl_concavo

If anyone have some experience with them I would appreciate some feedback from them. THANKS!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Stradivarius should be in the same class as the FZD ALC; is there any reason you can't just buy new rubbers and put them on the Stradivarius?

Going from the rubbers you are using to the kind you are thinking of using is a change that some might feel is big. Not the faster slower issue, but the bouncy, not bouncy issue. They are very different kinds of rubbers. What makes you want to change to a rubber that has more catapult (bounce) to it?

In the end, getting what you are describing is fine. But, it is just as likely that simply getting new rubbers, the same as you already are using, and putting them on the blade you have will be a good upgrade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

Wow thank you so much for replying!

About the blade, I didn't know they're so similar to each other, I thought it was more like Timo Boll ALC, and as in my club that is like the most popular blade I thought it was SUPER COOL. And the rubbers, I don't know if its because of the time it has passed, when first had it, was incredible but I feel that my blade is like so stiff and like don't know I feel it dead. And I wanted a change like to try something different, that why i wanted the Fan Zhendong ALC, cause I read it feels vibrant and amazing. Ofc i wanted it with tenergy but well Donic Baracuda are also ok from what I've read.

In terms of control and speed, but also to develop my technique what other rubbers you think would be good to pair with Fan Zhendong ALC, apart of donic Baracuda and Tenergy, or stay with Baracuda one side and other side other rubber.

Thank you so much again for replying I really appreciate it :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess you can get what you want. But what is dead on your racket is probably the rubbers. The blade should be pretty much the same as when you bought it. The Stradivarius is an attempt to copy the TB ALC. They are not quite the same. But they are not soooo different. The FZD ALC is a little softer and slower than the TB ALC and likely the same in comparison to the Stradivarius. The TB ALC and Stradivarius should be crisper and harder than the FZD ALC. The FZD ALC is an inner fiber blade which means, it will feel a little like an all wood blade on softer shots and it will respond a little more like a carbon blade on the bigger shots. But it will probably not be as fast as a TB ALC or a Viscaria....or the Stradivarius. Truthfully, if you are getting rubbers that are as different from your current rubbers as you are, perhaps a slower blade with more feeling is not such a bad idea.

The changes you are planning are big ones. Perhaps you will be fine. But if it is hard to get used to the new setup, you should have some idea why.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Fzd alc is the same composition as tb alc, Viscaria and the Stradivarius. The blade will definitely not be faster than yours, unless you have a very low-weight Stradivarius and get a heavyweight fzd.
the rubbers will make much more of a difference

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Fzd alc is the same composition as tb alc, Viscaria and the Stradivarius. The blade will definitely not be faster than yours, unless you have a very low-weight Stradivarius and get a heavyweight fzd.
the rubbers will make much more of a difference

Okay. For some reason I thought the FZD was an inner carbon. So, it really would not even be like getting anything different. Well, it would be going from an imitation to the real thing. But not really different.

[edit] I just realized I was thinking of the Harimoto when I was talking about Inner Carbon. I'm getting old. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

Thank you guys for answering :),

You guys made me realize that I don't need to change my blade at all. So I will stay with Stradivarius and I'll try Xiom Vega Pro in my forehand and as I don't have to buy a new expensive blade then I can afford a Tenergy 05 for my backhand and i will finally be able to try that so popular rubber. What do you guys think?

Thank you guys!

Edit: btw what do you guys think about Tenergy 05 backhand and Hurricane 3 provincial on forehand (instead of Vega Pro).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Thank you guys for answering :),

You guys made me realize that I don't need to change my blade at all. So I will stay with Stradivarius and I'll try Xiom Vega Pro in my forehand and as I don't have to buy a new expensive blade then I can afford a Tenergy 05 for my backhand and i will finally be able to try that so popular rubber. What do you guys think?

Thank you guys!

Edit: btw what do you guys think about Tenergy 05 backhand and Hurricane 3 provincial on forehand (instead of Vega Pro).

I think the H3P FH and T05 BH is a pretty solid combo. With that said, are you planning to boost your rubbers? H3P will feel pretty dead without booster, though you're probably used to it. If you wanna keep your budget the same, maybe try D09C FH and the Vega Pro as BH. I've found the transition from hard Chinese rubbers to the dignics series much more natural than to the Tenergy series or tensors, particularly on the FH side.

IMO the D09C is an excellent upgrade over unboosted Hurricane series. Nothing beats the value proposition of a boosted H3P, but if you don't want the hassle of boosting every few weeks, the D09C has almost as good touch, spin, and durability while being faster.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
Hi iLoveTT! I like and share your enthusiasm for tennis table👍

I would suggest Tibhar K3 2.0mm on FH (max if you feel you can control it, it's a beast) and DNA Platinum M 2.1 on BH.

K3 is a great hybrid rubber, in the major european leagues a lot of players are using it, and could be a nice transition from the typical tacky H3 rubber.

DNA platinum M is a 47.5° hardness rubber. I'm using it, it's marvellous! Power and control.

If You have used Your rubbers for 3 years (specially chinese) they are dead for sure and whatever You decide to put on will be so different it doesn't make much difference. The tackiness is loooong gone from Your Hurricanes so test some Euro/Jap style rubbers will probably be more like the rubbers You are using now.

Bottom line is that whatever You try will be so different it really does not matter much. Keep the blade and upgrade Your rubber and from now on do it more often (No association to any manufacturer 😊) .

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

Wow thank you all for answering! I think then I'm going to get Dignics 09C and the Xiom Vega Pro.

Btw, what do you guys think about vsport-tt.com store? is it trustworthy?. Also I was wondering what other stores can you guys recommend me, that can ship to Colombia.

Thank you guys a lot!.