how durable are chinese rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
Hi, I keep asking about how durable chinese rubbers are without maintenance. Some people tell me they last years and some tell me they last a couple of days. Just in case it changes between a rubber and another, I want to know how durable the friendship 729 battle II is.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
In my experience, if you leave it out with no protection, Hurricane will oxidize in about a week. No experience with Battle series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
The part that dies soonest & easiest is the sponge, not the top sheet. It's the same for both Chinese and European/Japanese rubbers. Since most Chinese rubbers are not very bouncy, a lot of people playing with them prefer them to not bounce anyway. That's why they don't bother much that the sponge has actually died.

For European/Japanese rubbers, since they are very bouncy, it's easy to notice that they no longer bounce.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One problem with the question is that it implies that Chinese rubbers are ONE thing when there are soooooo many different kinds of Chinese rubbers: there is a great deal of variation in kind, quality and durability of Chinese rubbers.

Another problem with the question, if you want one answer from everyone, then you are also assuming that everyone is the same, everyone has the same technique, and everyone has the same opinions.

Even with DHS H3, there are several different versions and if you bough commercial H3, and you bought 10 H3 rubbers, they may all feel and play differently. Quality control on the less expensive versions of DHS rubbers is much lower than the Provincial or National.

Sticking with H3 for information. I know people who have had and used one sheet of H3 for years and not had to replace it and, for them, it played well. I know, with how I contact the ball, with H3, when I used to use it, after 1-2 weeks, I would have work a giant spot in the topsheet that was as smooth as glass and responded as if it was ANTI-SPIN. For me, this happened with Commercial H3, Provincial H3 and National H3. They way I made contact with the ball would cause the tackiness of the topsheet to wear completely away. You could see it. It was a slick shiny spot just where I made contact with the ball. And so, after at most 2 weeks of play, for me, H3 was totally useless. But, again, for someone else, it could last for years.

Now you could consider that some Chinese rubbers have a hard sponge and are tacky. Some Chinese rubbers have a softer sponge and are tacky. Some Chinese rubbers have a grippy, non-tacky topsheet, some Chinese rubbers are designed to imitate springy, bouncy, European or Japanese rubbers. Some Chinese rubbers are more expensive. Some are less expensive.

This is not a small subject. But different players will have different experiences with any version of equipment.

So, technically, you are asking a question where there is either NO ANSWER, or there are a lot of contradictory answers.

I would suggest trying the rubber you are interested in, use it for a while, and tell us what you think after 2-4 months of using it. Telling us what you think sooner than that will not be as productive because you need a decent amount of time to form a comprehensive understanding of how a rubber performs.