How is the Joola Rossi Emotion?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
In my personal expierience the Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE) is a quick (OFF) blade with great control. However I like to warn also about using the proposed rubbers on this blade. The JRE likes to be played with medium or hard rubbers (Evolution MX-S/P, XIOM Omega Tour, Pro or XIOM Vega Pro, Asia, Donic P1, M1 or alike). With very soft rubbers like FX-S or Joola Tech, you will loose control in the short game (because of the catapult of the softer sponge) and not adding much power to your drive and loop game (harder sponge will add more speed). Usually it is a bit harder to loop with harder rubbers in the beginning, but the hinoki out ply of the blade will help a bit with that and once you managed to get used to the harder rubbers, your drives and loops will be far more dangerous (faster and with more spin).

Reactions: yoass and TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
With very soft rubbers like FX-S or Joola Tech, you will loose control in the short game

I agree with this post, but wouldn´t call FX-S a "very" soft rubber. With its above 40 degree sponge and its characteristics there are many softer rubbers (everything under 40/around 37.5 degree).

However, I would also go for around 45 degree sponges at least. I played the blade a while ago with Joola x-plode (47.5) and that worked quite well, with a good amount of catapult coming from the blade balanced out by the harder rubbers, and excellent control.

If still available in your country, try looking for the Joola Markovic, the predecessor of the Rossi. Some (and sometimes even Joola themselves) claim it is identical in build, others disagree. The differences sure are minimal, but in direct comparison some people say the Markovic is even more well-balanced in its playing characteristics.

Great blade with good speed when you have initiative and slower with an superb control when being under pressure.
Really love the feeling :) I did not keep it tough because I find the wrist movment is not free enough due to the shape of the handle. I did not notice at first but it stroke me when I changed blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
In my personal expierience the Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE) is a quick (OFF) blade with great control. However I like to warn also about using the proposed rubbers on this blade. The JRE likes to be played with medium or hard rubbers (Evolution MX-S/P, XIOM Omega Tour, Pro or XIOM Vega Pro, Asia, Donic P1, M1 or alike). With very soft rubbers like FX-S or Joola Tech, you will loose control in the short game (because of the catapult of the softer sponge) and not adding much power to your drive and loop game (harder sponge will add more speed). Usually it is a bit harder to loop with harder rubbers in the beginning, but the hinoki out ply of the blade will help a bit with that and once you managed to get used to the harder rubbers, your drives and loops will be far more dangerous (faster and with more spin).
Thank you! Do you think the blade would perform well with rhyzm p rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Thank you! Do you think the blade would perform well with rhyzm p rubber?

Good combination, used by German national team player Petrissa Solja before she changed her blade, and of course hers are selected professional rubbers, but overall blade and rubbers will work well with Rhyzm-P.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I heard MX-P is more for advanced players, and I'm only at the level of a 1500. Is the MX-S good with this?

It is, but it is also more difficult to play than MX-P.

Evolution EL-S is easier to play and has around the same sponge hardness as Rhyzm-P. That would also be a great combination.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I'm thinking of getting it with rhyzm tech or evolution fx-s. Thank you.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk
I believe you will do just fine with these rubbers. I have been playing for 40 years now and for my style, the Joola Rossi Emotion would easily be in the top 5 blades that I've owned and played with. Good control, spin generation and feel. I have used it with many different rubbers and have not found one that disagreed with the blade. I particularly like it with T05, 1Q, Hexer HD, Nittaku Moristo DF (BH), Bryce Speed (BH), ITC Powercell. I still need to try it with Joola rubbers but I'm sure it will be just as good.

Last edited: