How long would a regular/national DHS 3 last boosted and what's objectively the best booster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Because, as every review I've read mentions, it is a rather slow rubber compared to most tensors, so to get some speed into the ball or to access the top spin levels, I'd need to be able to generate a lot more power than say Tenergy.
The appealing thing is obviously that it's a great rubber when boosted and used properly.

D09c should bring similar results at my level with no need of boosting and be less demanding.
Ofc, I could be wrong, afterall this is all info I got online.

1 - 3-4
2 - 2 winged looper
3 - I don't use H3, so either
4 - 40/41
5 - don't use , but for the sake of the post, let's say kailin/hsm yellow

I've watched his video. Didn't seem a very popular one and I'm wondering if people who have been using H3 for longer have a different idea.
For your usage, you will need to reboost every 2 months if you started with 2 layers of Haifu yellow commercial. National booster lasts shorter period of time. 41 degree requires more layers than 40 degree hence lasts a bit longer.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
3 years here, I win. 😂
A couple of weeks ago I played against the club top-man and he commented on my black FH H3 saying that it hadn't got that "crack" anymore when being hit hard.
Admittedly it looks a bit ragged so I took it off BUT i just can't throw it away because it is still nice and tacky.
Maybe I will glue it on some needy soul's blade one day.
How do you like Hurricane reboosted? :) :)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
How do you like Hurricane reboosted? :) :)
I never take a rubber off to reboost but some times i might "score" a rubber of a blade to try out on another blade. I may or may not re boost the rubber in question but as it is going on a different blade it would never be an honest , valid comparison.
Still, it would only take me a couple of minutes to adapt to a new combo.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Long term user of H3 and booster here.

The answer to your first question depends on way too many variables:
1- how many hours you play per week
2- your playing style
3- orange or blue sponge
4- hardness of the sponge
5- type of booster

As you can see, there’s no correct answer unless I know all the info
1. I mean I play 5 days a week, 1 hour in the morning and 3 hours in the evening. (20 hours a week maybe more if I had time :DD)
2. Aggressive 2 wings (H3 on FH)
3. Blue Sponge Provincial
4. 41 degree, 2.1
5. I use Kai Lin
Hmm so how should it take for me to reboost it?

Reactions: ttarc
says On a never ending EJ journey
says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
Has anyone tried experimenting with boosting with different layers of booster? I've been trying 1-2 base layers of Falco Tempo Platnium + 1 layer of Haifu Seamoon National Yellow to try to get the performance of HSNY (albiet at a lesser degree) but for a longer period of time. Everytime I reboost, I use HSNY. So far, I've been reboosting like once a month, usually when I notice that my balls are going long because the ball no longer engages the sponge as easily.