How long would a regular/national DHS 3 last boosted and what's objectively the best booster?

This user has no status.
As the title suggest, FTL, HAIFU yellow or kailin? What are your opinions on that?

Also, how long does the booster effect last?
On prott.vip I see they recommend to boost the rubber every 7 days if using kailin? Isn't that excessive? Would the rubber last more than a month or two that way?

I'm not really planning on using H3 (maybe test the regular version on some spare blade) since I don't have much body strength so I doubt it'd be any good for me, but I want to educate myself more on gear.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
As the title suggest, FTL, HAIFU yellow or kailin? What are your opinions on that?

On prott.vip I see they recommend to boost the rubber every 7 days if using kailin? Isn't that excessive? Would the rubber last more than a month or two that way?

I'm not really planning on using H3 (maybe test the regular version on some spare blade) since I don't have much body strength so I doubt it'd be any good for me, but I want to educate myself more on gear.
A lot of people say booster lasts for 1 or 2 months. But honestly in my experience I have never seen a rubber revert back to its unboosted state. It stays permanently boosted for me.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I'm not really planning on using H3 (maybe test the regular version on some spare blade) since I don't have much body strength so I doubt it'd be any good for me,
Why on earth do you believe that using H3 needs a lot of body strength ???
It is a misinformation and also known as a "load of bollocks."
I am in my seventies, unfit, overweight and have very little body strength but I can handle
rubbers like H3 and Rxton5s without problems.

re. boosting, I use seamoon, the cheap stuff, often just 1 layer and I can also not remember
taking a rubber off the blade to re- boost it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
But the effects would diminish I'm assuming?

What are the most used boosting "techniques"?
Maybe the effect goes from a 10 to a 8 or 7. But I honestly hardly notice it.

I don't really have any technique. I just brush the booster onto the sponge and then glue it to the racket the next day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Long term user of H3 and booster here.

The answer to your first question depends on way too many variables:
1- how many hours you play per week
2- your playing style
3- orange or blue sponge
4- hardness of the sponge
5- type of booster

As you can see, there’s no correct answer unless I know all the info

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Watch ThePongProfessor on Youtube. He reviewed all the booster. He liked Haifu Sea Moon National Yellow the most, followed closely second by Falco Tempo Long. He really did not like Haifu sea moon National Black because for the price, it did not do much to the rubber.

Honestly I have used Haifu Sea Moon National Yellow (after seeing his review and I bought it), Haifu Sea Moon regular, and Falco Tempo Long. They are all about the same to me. I would not pay up for National Yellow next time. I have used Falco Tempo Long for a few years now. I just started using Haifu Sea Moon regular literally two weeks ago. Honestly just get the cheapest one available to you.

As for boosting, every 7 days sounds way to excessive. I heard one of the selling point is that Falco Tempo Long's effects last, apparently for 2 months.

I don't really know. I boost like once every 6 months because I am lazy.

I agree that once you boosted the rubber, it will stay boosted. It is like Tenergy is pre-tuned in the factory and it does not matter that the Tenergy has been sitting on your shelf for 6 months before you get around to put it on your blade; it is still Tenergy with a lot of catapult effects.

I have tried boosting H3 with one layer, two layers or three layers. I have settled on three layers. Once that is done, all subsequent boosting only requires one layer and the rubber comes alive.

I agree. You do not need to be strong to try H3. I played with Friendship 729 growing up so I am used to tacky Chinese rubber. I don't know why it took Koreans and Japanese for long for some of their players to start using Hurricane. And there is a reason why Dignics 09c is so popular because tackiness absolutely matters. so you have to try H3 and see you like it or not. It is not that expensive.

This user has no status.
Why on earth do you believe that using H3 needs a lot of body strength ???
It is a misinformation and also known as a "load of bollocks."
I am in my seventies, unfit, overweight and have very little body strength but I can handle
rubbers like H3 and Rxton5s without problems.

re. boosting, I use seamoon, the cheap stuff, often just 1 layer and I can also not remember
taking a rubber off the blade to re- boost it
Because, as every review I've read mentions, it is a rather slow rubber compared to most tensors, so to get some speed into the ball or to access the top spin levels, I'd need to be able to generate a lot more power than say Tenergy.
The appealing thing is obviously that it's a great rubber when boosted and used properly.

D09c should bring similar results at my level with no need of boosting and be less demanding.
Ofc, I could be wrong, afterall this is all info I got online.

Long term user of H3 and booster here.

The answer to your first question depends on way too many variables:
1- how many hours you play per week
2- your playing style
3- orange or blue sponge
4- hardness of the sponge
5- type of booster

As you can see, there’s no correct answer unless I know all the info

1 - 3-4
2 - 2 winged looper
3 - I don't use H3, so either
4 - 40/41
5 - don't use , but for the sake of the post, let's say kailin/hsm yellow

Watch ThePongProfessor on Youtube. He reviewed all the booster. He liked Haifu Sea Moon National Yellow the most, followed closely second by Falco Tempo Long. He really did not like Haifu sea moon National Black because for the price, it did not do much to the rubber.

Honestly I have used Haifu Sea Moon National Yellow (after seeing his review and I bought it), Haifu Sea Moon regular, and Falco Tempo Long. They are all about the same to me. I would not pay up for National Yellow next time. I have used Falco Tempo Long for a few years now. I just started using Haifu Sea Moon regular literally two weeks ago. Honestly just get the cheapest one available to you.

As for boosting, every 7 days sounds way to excessive. I heard one of the selling point is that Falco Tempo Long's effects last, apparently for 2 months.

I don't really know. I boost like once every 6 months because I am lazy.

I agree that once you boosted the rubber, it will stay boosted. It is like Tenergy is pre-tuned in the factory and it does not matter that the Tenergy has been sitting on your shelf for 6 months before you get around to put it on your blade; it is still Tenergy with a lot of catapult effects.

I have tried boosting H3 with one layer, two layers or three layers. I have settled on three layers. Once that is done, all subsequent boosting only requires one layer and the rubber comes alive.

I agree. You do not need to be strong to try H3. I played with Friendship 729 growing up so I am used to tacky Chinese rubber. I don't know why it took Koreans and Japanese for long for some of their players to start using Hurricane. And there is a reason why Dignics 09c is so popular because tackiness absolutely matters. so you have to try H3 and see you like it or not. It is not that expensive.
I've watched his video. Didn't seem a very popular one and I'm wondering if people who have been using H3 for longer have a different idea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

The Chinese boosters are normally 7 to 14 days.
you will notice the "kick" dying out.
This is the same as speed glue kick dying out.

One can just reboost then, but careful not to add too much oil during reboost.

I don't play much nowadays, rubber is boosted though, and yeah, after few reboosts, it is way more than a month or two
When I do hit, I do hit the ball hard. The oldish national I have, is more of a top sheet problem for me, than booster killing sponge / topsheet problem.

It all depends how serious you are. Serious semi pros, will change a H3 every 4 weeks or so

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Because, as every review I've read mentions, it is a rather slow rubber compared to most tensors, so to get some speed into the ball or to access the top spin levels, I'd need to be able to generate a lot more power than say Tenergy.
The appealing thing is obviously that it's a great rubber when boosted and used properly.

D09c should bring similar results at my level with no need of boosting and be less demanding.
Ofc, I could be wrong, afterall this is all info I got online.

1 - 3-4
2 - 2 winged looper
3 - I don't use H3, so either
4 - 40/41
5 - don't use , but for the sake of the post, let's say kailin/hsm yellow

I've watched his video. Didn't seem a very popular one and I'm wondering if people who have been using H3 for longer have a different idea.
I can't speak for JJ but I know i have seen him say that his h3 lasts forever! lol. like over a year.

This user has no status.
The Chinese boosters are normally 7 to 14 days.
you will notice the "kick" dying out.
This is the same as speed glue kick dying out.

One can just reboost then, but careful not to add too much oil during reboost.

I don't play much nowadays, rubber is boosted though, and yeah, after few reboosts, it is way more than a month or two
When I do hit, I do hit the ball hard. The oldish national I have, is more of a top sheet problem for me, than booster killing sponge / topsheet problem.

It all depends how serious you are. Serious semi pros, will change a H3 every 4 weeks or so
I'm an amateur. I play like 4 hours a week. I wouldn't mind reboosting the rubber, every-so-often if I used it. Which are the chinese boosters beside the kailin?
What do you mean that after a few reboosts it is way more than a month or two? Say you reboost it 3 times, it will stay boosted for 1+ months? How do you boost it? How many layers, etc.? Would you say the national version is worth the money over provincial/commercial?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Best Booster is Goon Squad piss, lasts a full month before it wears off.

Seriously, we have a separate thread for this literally every week.

None of the fanboyz sick of talkin' H3 Boostin' every day of every week. Do youz guyz sleep wit booster under ur pillow or boost ur pillow to keep dreamin' about boostin' ?

This user has no status.

None of the fanboyz sick of talkin' H3 Boostin' every day of every week. Do youz guyz sleep wit booster under ur pillow or boost ur pillow to keep dreamin' about boostin' ?
I literally just want to learn, why are you so angry? Your day going alright?

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng and lodro
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes, I am the calm, not angry, but occasionally highly sarcastic trouble maker that points out that great majority of forum members drool just talking about Boosting and H3, despite HUNDRED if not thousands of threads on the topic... yet are very reluctant to talk about how to actually improve in the sport.

Even TTD owner Dan posts a thread with solid info on how to do something, it gets like 10 comments in a week, and the H3 threads get near or over a 100 comments in a few days. There is the empirical evidence on the matter. Look at any ten threads of Dan on a TT improvement topic and look at the H3 threads. Easy to see the deal here.

I took only 5 minutes for the Goon Squad to get on Der_Echte over the boostin talk... looks like I gunna go down the trap door to Carl's Krackhouse 13 basement for a week's stay...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Of course we do and then we come up with small experiments like combining "natural" stuff (paraffinum liquidum, limonene/orange oil)
lp_test.jpg

729 Dragon-F pieces boosted in I think February with paraffinum liquidum, limonene, both and an unboosted control. Limonene/orange oil works too but only for a very short duration (hours) but it gives a nice odor even to fresh H3s ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I can't speak for JJ but I know i have seen him say that his h3 lasts forever! lol. like over a year.
So I have been using Falco Tempo Long for years. The effects (advertised) should last for 2 months. I did not know for Haifu you need to do it every 7 or 14 days. I will find out I guess?

Yes after a while, my brain and my muscle memory would get used to the gradual changes to the boosted rubber so I don't notice the booster wearing off. Then I would reboost like 6 months later.

Yes I still have rubber from 1-2 years ago that I have reboosted and put on a different blade to try out new blades. That hurricane is still very very tacky!!! Amazing. That thing would not die.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Mamma mia, what a rascals den flourishing inside the forum/ It all comes from the lack of good lawiers, of course/ :geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
So I have been using Falco Tempo Long for years. The effects (advertised) should last for 2 months. I did not know for Haifu you need to do it every 7 or 14 days. I will find out I guess?

Yes after a while, my brain and my muscle memory would get used to the gradual changes to the boosted rubber so I don't notice the booster wearing off. Then I would reboost like 6 months later.

Yes I still have rubber from 1-2 years ago that I have reboosted and put on a different blade to try out new blades. That hurricane is still very very tacky!!! Amazing. That thing would not die.
3 years here, I win. 😂
A couple of weeks ago I played against the club top-man and he commented on my black FH H3 saying that it hadn't got that "crack" anymore when being hit hard.
Admittedly it looks a bit ragged so I took it off BUT i just can't throw it away because it is still nice and tacky.
Maybe I will glue it on some needy soul's blade one day.

Reactions: JJ Ng