How much does it affect me if I get Chinese rubber but I don't play Chinese style?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Im thinking about getting DHS skyline tg3 cuz it's cheap and good for mid distance looping.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
In my opinion, its good for mid distance looping if you have a very specific Chinese style loop, with long arm extension and good footwork, rather than the more subtle European style loop. And about it being cheap.... Yes its cheaper in price than esn tensors like tenergy, but if your attacking ability is hindered significantly (as you'll not be used to hard tacky rubber and will have to adjust your technique) then in my opinion, its expensive! Then again, it depends on how young you are and how much you have trained as to how easily you'll adjust. Do you have a coach? The best thing to do is ask them if you do.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How much does it affect me if I get Chinese rubber but I don't play Chinese s...

If you are curious, you can try them and see how you like them. But they are definitely different than Euro rubbers and if that is what you are used to you may end up hating them.

And, as already stated, if you have a coach, discussing what you are using and what you would like to try out is a good idea.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
A chinese rubber like the skyline is made for an agressive play. With this rubber you always have to hit the ball in front of your body and you also should hit the ball at the highest point. So if you go on tabletennis "just with feeling and spin" the skyline is not a good idea in my oppinion