This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I don’t know that people use to put it in the car for this reason jajajajaja so interesting.
When I park my car at work, my car faces north so I have put LPs in my back window, facing south, to "cook". When you start to spell it even a little, it is done. If you wait too long it becomes too brittle. This is a trade off.

For the last 10+ years I have played with Giant Dragon Talon 0X but it is harder to find so I am switching to Air UpUpUpUp 0X or Dawei 388D-1 for push blocking. I can get these easily from colestt.com. It you want the ultimate spin reversal then a "frictionless" anti is better but I can do nothing with them so when I want to play with anti I use Yasaka Anti Power. It isn't frictionless or even close. It is good for absorbing the energy of fast loops so one can block short with the help of what I call "soft" hands where the paddle is gripped loosely and even retracted just a little as the ball makes impact. This is kind of like a baseball catcher catching fast balls. If the catcher doesn't give a bit his hands will hurt.

I like blocking short at angles from side to side but hit a few deep to keep the opponent moving forward and back as well as left and right.

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I use Jupiter Asia 3. But I mainly serve with inverted then twiddle to LP.
It's a nice rubber, with an even better price tag. I think you can grab a sheet of it for 8-$10 on AliExpress
Wow so interesting, I didn’t here before about this rubber. Thanks for mentioning it. So nice to know more about inerte rubber. Good topic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
When I park my car at work, my car faces north so I have put LPs in my back window, facing south, to "cook". When you start to spell it even a little, it is done. If you wait too long it becomes too brittle. This is a trade off.

For the last 10+ years I have played with Giant Dragon Talon 0X but it is harder to find so I am switching to Air UpUpUpUp 0X or Dawei 388D-1 for push blocking. I can get these easily from colestt.com. It you want the ultimate spin reversal then a "frictionless" anti is better but I can do nothing with them so when I want to play with anti I use Yasaka Anti Power. It isn't frictionless or even close. It is good for absorbing the energy of fast loops so one can block short with the help of what I call "soft" hands where the paddle is gripped loosely and even retracted just a little as the ball makes impact. This is kind of like a baseball catcher catching fast balls. If the catcher doesn't give a bit his hands will hurt.

I like blocking short at angles from side to side but hit a few deep to keep the opponent moving forward and back as well as left and right.
Thanks for the information. Good to know about those rubber and this qualities.

Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I have heard that Saviga V is a good rubber. I once took a sheet of 755 0X and put it in the back of my car until it got hard and britttle. The spin reversal was great but the pips soon broke off because they were too hard and brittle.

@Lando, I can play c-pen as shown in recent videos. What rubber to use on your FH side? I would use the LP and use inverted on the BH. I like hitting/ looping with RPB on the BH side. I have a YEO. I should try pushblocking LPs on the FH side some time.
I read that if you are going to leave it in the sun inside the car, it is until it gives off the smell of rubber and you always have to put salt on it (except at the top of the pips) so that the UV rays reflect and damage only that area irregularly. When you remove the salt, the union of the pips with the rubber remains as it came from the factory. Some also do it with UV lights.

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I read that if you are going to leave it in the sun inside the car, it is until it gives off the smell of rubber and you always have to put salt on it (except at the top of the pips) so that the UV rays reflect and damage only that area irregularly. When you remove the salt, the union of the pips with the rubber remains as it came from the factory. Some also do it with UV lights.
Wow, really interesting 🤔