how to quickly remove stickiness from the rubber?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Hey! I am currently playing with 729 Geospin Tacky(GT) on BH. For me it's perfectly balanced but it's too tacky. Not like Hurricane but enough. I have an another bat(off-) with GT. The rubber is pretty old and lost its tackiness. Aahh that GT was perfect. But recently I glued a new GT on a faster blade(off+). Yep, with fast strokes it is fast but with slow ones... It's not bouncy because of its tackiness and it's very difficult to play with even on FH. So, how to remove tackiness(stickiness, what's the difference?) from the rubber quickly not to lose its grip?
​​​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
There is a Geospin version as well. I don't think that it's as sticky as the Geospin Tacky. They are named Master GT and Master GS nowadays. If you really want to remove some stickyness from the rubber. Play with new balls and don't clean it so often. It might look a bit dusty after a while even if you clean it, but new balls really makes some of the stickyness vanish.

Nov 2022
Maybe try a different rubber like one of the Palio AK47. Red is a popular affordable rubber.

I had AK47 Yellow and I didn't like it cause it is soft and kinda mushy. Maybe I'll try a Red one. Thanks for replying 🙂

Reactions: thomas.pong
Nov 2022
If you really want to remove some stickyness from the rubber. Play with new balls and don't clean it so often. It might look a bit dusty after a while even if you clean it, but new balls really makes some of the stickyness vanish.

Oh.. that's so simple, I'll try it 😁. Thanks

This user has no status.
If you start playing with it you can just bring a towel and tap a bit on it. The fluff or whatever it is called in english is gonna get on the rubber and the surface wont be that tacky. Other playing characteristics should remain the same.

Btw Ma Long does the same with his rubbers. Before a set starts he goes to the towel and taps it on his rubbers.