Hybrid rubbers how close to Tacky Chinese or Grippy ESN spring sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I just read up on TDE and TE. Is it true that both rubbers are made in China? So they are not actually ESN rubbers at all? Does Victas own a factory in China or do they outsource DHS to make these rubbers or something??

Or do they just mean that the topsheet is made in China while the sponge is ESN?

Do they play like actual Chinese rubbers or are they like ESN rubbers?

Yes, TD is made in China, not sure which company. I think the entire Triple series rubbers are made in China.

No it’s not the same as Battle II that I tried before, TD feels quite crisp and hard, very tacky. Tried TE but the 25% less tacky surface is not helping it imo, if it were the same top sheet as TD, and kept the hardness of the sponge, it would be a great choice, right now not so much.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Yes, TD is made in China, not sure which company. I think the entire Triple series rubbers are made in China.

No it’s not the same as Battle II that I tried before, TD feels quite crisp and hard, very tacky. Tried TE but the 25% less tacky surface is not helping it imo, if it were the same top sheet as TD, and kept the hardness of the sponge, it would be a great choice, right now not so much.

Do they even deserve to belong in this hybrid list? They sound like just classic chinese rubbers?

Do they have a dense chinese sponge or a spring sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Victas Triple Double Extra
Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue
Tibhar K2
Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange
Joola Golden Tango
Xiom Tau2
Loki Arthur Asia
Loki Arthur Europe
Victas Triple Extra
Joola Golden Tango PS
Yasaka Rakza Z
Stiga DNA Dragon Grip
BTY SpinArt
Donic Bluegrip V1
Nittaku PK50
Victas 07 Sticky Extra
Tibhar K1 (series)
Donic Bluegrip C2
Andro C53
Xiom Omega 7 China Guang & Ying
Tibhar K3
BTY D09C

Interesting list! I've tried the bolded ones. I'd put them in the same order except for Dragon Grip which I'd put in the bottom group. I found it much faster than Rakza Z and K1, second only to 09C.

Reactions: H3R0 and SamTheMan
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Dr E
Yeah I suppose dragon grip could move down the list, the reason I put it next to Rakza Z is because I put it on a blade with RZ on it, did a bit of twiddling / swapping between FH & BH and didn't really notice much difference in speed!! May have been a tad faster, but the RZ was well played in and is likely to be a little quicker compared to a new sheet of RZ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Rakza Z and Dragon Grip are both quite high up on the list. Since they are both ESN rubbers, I would have expected them to be closer to other hybrid ESN rubbers like C53 and Bluegrip.

Can anybody confirm whether they are in the right spot or should be lower on the list?

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Rakza Z and Dragon Grip are both quite high up on the list. Since they are both ESN rubbers, I would have expected them to be closer to other hybrid ESN rubbers like C53 and Bluegrip.

Can anybody confirm whether they are in the right spot or should be lower on the list?
Both could move down the list, for me Dragon Grip more than RZ, check post #108!!!! Remember I have NOT tried all the rubbers. From (and including) Tibhar K1 down I have only used C2 and D09C

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I tried:
Long time ago -> Joola Golden Tango PS -> not feeling at all. Unpredictable with my technique and take off the bat after 5 hours of tial and error
Last year: Xiom Omega 7 China Guang and Stiga Dragon Grip -> Both typical (harder) ESN rubbers, but they were not generating more spin than the Tibhar MX-D, which I played at this time
Tibhar K3: also not my kind of rubber. Short game was perfect, but too much catapult and speed if played more actively. Spin was similar to MX-D.

One rubber which I play now (since end of last year) which is not mentioned in the list is Joola Rhyzen ZGR. Compared to the Dynaryz series, with a tamed down sponge, this is the perfect combination for me. The ZGR has a grippy (but not very tacky) surface and also nominal at 55° ESN hardness it feels more like 50°. Spin is great in loops and serves (which goes along with being a bit more challenging in receives and blocks) and I can now really push long with enough underspin to keep opponents from looping these ball with high speed.
Even smashes have now a higher consistency, so I can only recommend trying it.

The recently played Victas V>20 was even better than the ZGR in the amount of spin I could generate, but durability was an issue with the one I received (not sure if this is an exception), but I wasn't sure if I take the risk of buying another and than have to switch rubber during our now new upcoming season.

Currently there is a blue Hurricane 9 on the backhand side, which is playing very similar to the ZGR, but with a slightly low trajectory. I only have in on now for like 10 hours and hope that it does not change behavior as it is currently perfect as it is.

Victas Triple Double Extra
Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue
Tibhar K2
Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange
Joola Golden Tango
Xiom Tau2
Loki Arthur Asia
Loki Arthur Europe
Victas Triple Extra
Joola Golden Tango PS
Yasaka Rakza Z
Stiga DNA Dragon Grip
BTY SpinArt
Donic Bluegrip V1
Nittaku PK50
Victas 07 Sticky Extra
Tibhar K1 (series)
Donic Bluegrip C2
Andro C53
Xiom Omega 7 China Guang & Ying
Tibhar K3
BTY D09C

Interesting list! I've tried the bolded ones. I'd put them in the same order except for Dragon Grip which I'd put in the bottom group. I found it much faster than Rakza Z and K1, second only to 09C.

permission to ask,
of the rubber you have tried. In your opinion, which one do you recommend between Yasaka Rakza z and Xiom Omega VII china. Thank You.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

permission to ask,
of the rubber you have tried. In your opinion, which one do you recommend between Yasaka Rakza z and Xiom Omega VII china. Thank You.

Both good. I found the Omega VII faster with lower throw, so it depends what you're looking for. I didn't use either one long enough to comment on durability, but that's an issue with the hybrid rubbers I have used extensively (09C, K3).

Both good. I found the Omega VII faster with lower throw, so it depends what you're looking for. I didn't use either one long enough to comment on durability, but that's an issue with the hybrid rubbers I have used extensively (09C, K3).

thank you for sharing the information.
I am looking for a really high value rubber at a reasonable price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Your icon shows you using Triple Regular now. Do you not find that rubber too soft for you? I read it has a 42 degree sponge, which I would guess is really soft.

Not really, you need to remember that the hardness manufacturers say is only for the sponge, not the combined hardness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Which is the best for short game (excluding the obvious Chinese ones… DHS nittaku stuff..) while still having a linear but easy to use feeling?

Hmm, probably the most linear of them all is the K2. It comes with a very dense sponge, it has 0 pores. However it is quite a fast rubber. Super linear and stable but maybe it's not the best of these in touch play.

In touch play the Rakza Z, Golden Tango PS are super good (probably the K1 too), however they are not linear. They hold the ball back which is why they are so good over the table. Unfortunately if you start hitting hard you can feel them holding the ball back even more. So if you wanna use these you need a fast blade. I guess a Viscaria caliber blade which you have is the minimum. These are quite heavy rubbers too 53-4g cut, while K2 is 49g.

I would avoid the new C-touch rubbers, their durability is appalling. At least C2 and Dragon Grip are, and I seen someone post K3 pics here and that looked like a bad joke. Also the C2 and Dragon Grip slip the ball (Joola Flash).