I need some suggestions about picking a new rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I want to know some good rubbers that can replace my forehand rubber, I'm currently using donic baracuda and my blade is joola rossi force carbon. I want a rubber that almost have the same feel, more spin and less speed as baracuda. and if possible i don't want to use tenergy because of it's price. hope you can help me. thank you all in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
barracuda has a very high spin and its kinda difficult to find a rubber with a higher spin than barracuda well atleast from the rubbers that ive tried, hurricane 3 is spinny and slower but the feel is very much different, maybe acuda s3 or xiom vega europe, its slower but also a tad less spinny than barracuda. im sure there are rubbers out there that fits your specification but i havet tried it though

This user has no status.
Aurus Soft is very good for spin, and is not hyper speedy, i also like my Andro Revo Fire, a tensor bios rubber with good durability and spin, but rather speedy , and not known by players , because it has not survived the strong marketing for the Andro Hexer that came out the same time,i fear Andro is going to discontunue the Revo Fire !). The Aurus Sound is great too but a tad too soft for me (i would rate it 37°, has a nice "glue" sound and very good spin, i tried it yesterday on a Tibhar Samsonov Alpha blade), it is just a little too much catapult for me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Yes, all Xiom are tensor rubber and has built-in glue, so do not use speed glue because the sponge and top sheet will disintegrate later.

This user has no status.
You would like Aurus Soft and Calibra Sound. Easy to make spin and nice sound if used on a fast & stiff blade.

He asked for a rubber that is slower than a Baracuda , Calibra Sound is VERY VERY fast and not extremely spinny, but you can make a lot of spin AND speed with it, but i am convinced that a Calibra Sound (i tested it , red 2mm) is not at all what he is looking for.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Aurus Soft & Aurus Sound together with Xiom Vega / omega / Sigma - Europe Version (=soft), would be the way to go.

Sriver FX / Donic Desto F3 would suit your intentions as well.