Indication about topsheet and sponge.

gui

This user has no status.

gui

This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I would like suggestions for rubbers with a very tacky topsheet for a lot of spin and a soft sponge, like a Donic Bluefire sponge with a Hurricane 3 topsheet, for example.

This user has no status.
I would like suggestions for rubbers with a very tacky topsheet for a lot of spin and a soft sponge, like a Donic Bluefire sponge with a Hurricane 3 topsheet, for example.
My favorite so far is H8-80 37 degrees. Super tacky, very controllable in low speed and has more than enough top-end speed/spin. Link to me playing with H8-80 with terrible technique [
] [
] [
]. This is with allround evolution blade (an all+ blade). More than enough everything and still has short-game control of H3 37.

But it all comes down to technique. I do not think there is as much difference in equipment as people say. I have tried 09c/05/g1/rozena/rakza z/H3 37 (some on my own blade and some others), I used to think the difference was huge until I worked a bit more on technique. Then even dignics 05 is only like 10-15% faster than H3 37.

But the big difference is feeling and I can see why people keep chasing equipment change.

gui

This user has no status.

gui

This user has no status.
Nov 2022
My favorite so far is H8-80 37 degrees. Super tacky, very controllable in low speed and has more than enough top-end speed/spin. Link to me playing with H8-80 with terrible technique [
] [
] [
]. This is with allround evolution blade (an all+ blade). More than enough everything and still has short-game control of H3 37.

But it all comes down to technique. I do not think there is as much difference in equipment as people say. I have tried 09c/05/g1/rozena/rakza z/H3 37 (some on my own blade and some others), I used to think the difference was huge until I worked a bit more on technique. Then even dignics 05 is only like 10-15% faster than H3 37.

But the big difference is feeling and I can see why people keep chasing equipment change.
And about the sponge, is It Soft like a donic barracuda, bluefire?
I tested h3/g1/mxp but i did not like, i can not feeling Soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
And about the sponge, is It Soft like a donic barracuda, bluefire?
I tested h3/g1/mxp but i did not like, i can not feeling Soft.
The 8-80 doesnt feel like european soft rubbers imo.
It has a good feeling, without being too springy or too dead.
Great control, more than most european rubbers I tested.
Obviously depends on your technique.
Very easy to generate spin.
G1 and MXP and softer rubbers require a more from the user to generate spin/speed .
Once you compare them directly you can feel the difference.
Topsheet is tacky.
It holds/grabs the ball well with sufficient dwell time.
It is Important to accelerate right before hitting the ball.
It is cheap, around 20 euros, give it a try, I can recommend it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@omelet
This thread might not be about your training videos, but I would still like to share my thoughts.
I really like your kitchen setup.
Your technique looks clean and smooth.
Once you feel confident you can hit those higher underspin balls, I think you could go to the next step.
That would be to sort of kill them immediately.
Step in, bend a little more to left side, pull your hand back to get a bigger swing, weight shift from left to right and make sort of a semicircle motion where you start with an open angle and finish with a more closed angle.
It isnt as complicated as it might seem at first.
Eventually you will hit those confidently as well.
Maybe you can already do it but I want to say it anyways.

Here a video of Zhang Jike doing it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
@omelet
This thread might not be about your training videos, but I would still like to share my thoughts.
I really like your kitchen setup.
Your technique looks clean and smooth.
Once you feel confident you can hit those higher underspin balls, I think you could go to the next step.
That would be to sort of kill them immediately.
Step in, bend a little more to left side, pull your hand back to get a bigger swing, weight shift from left to right and make sort of a semicircle motion where you start with an open angle and finish with a more closed angle.
It isnt as complicated as it might seem at first.
Eventually you will hit those confidently as well.
Maybe you can already do it but I want to say it anyways.

Here a video of Zhang Jike doing it.
I have not seen that video before - wow, just amazing and everything a BH loop should be. Inspirational...thanks for sharing.

gui

This user has no status.

gui

This user has no status.
Nov 2022
The 8-80 doesnt feel like european soft rubbers imo.
It has a good feeling, without being too springy or too dead.
Great control, more than most european rubbers I tested.
Obviously depends on your technique.
Very easy to generate spin.
G1 and MXP and softer rubbers require a more from the user to generate spin/speed .
Once you compare them directly you can feel the difference.
Topsheet is tacky.
It holds/grabs the ball well with sufficient dwell time.
It is Important to accelerate right before hitting the ball.
It is cheap, around 20 euros, give it a try, I can recommend it.
And about h3-50 35°.

Do you know? Any comments?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think donic bluegrip s2 is the softest hybrid rubber. It has ESN 42.5 degrees (maybe like 34-35 in chinese scale?). There also is the S1 rubber which is a bit harder at around 47 or so.