Is Armstrong Attack 8 L easy for a training partner? (also D2, Illusion SP and Rosin)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Hello all, I am playing right now with Victas D2 1.6 on a cpen P700. It is working good but as season is ending I wonder if continue with 1.6, go back to D2 2.0 or try another rubber.

In the 1.8 I'm curious about Hallmark Illusion SP. Does anyone tried it on 1.8?

I started with pips out after covid19. I liked a lot Joola Express Ultra for topspin but then I failed the smash. then I tried Spinfire (good for serves & cut). And then I moved to D2 to be better on the smash. Of course during this time my technique has been improving.

Then I read about the Armstrong Attack 8L Super I (41 or 43). I wonder if I use this rubber in training with a partner is painful for him or not.
For me is important that the mate can train having fun and not suffering a lot (like most mid-pimples do). So, as there is this L version more focused in spin, I do not know if it will be painful or not. I just want to receive the serve easily, topsin easily and have a confident smash. About the spin on the serve I do not care a lot as I am enjoying serve placement.

Another option could be Armstrong Rosin.

So can a mate train with me without problems if I use Attack 8L? and have you some opinion about the other rubbers? Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I had a serious look at Attack 8 L and M with different sponges. its a medium pimple with capabilities for disruption. Main asset is potential for powerful flat counterhit and change of pace. However I would say Attack 8 is most useful for very experienced players who really know what they are doing with the various combinations of sponges..Look at fukuhara's games for an idea of what is possible.
For a straight forward modern sp look at Moristo

o, as used by Ito or spin lord warran. They would do the job without disrupting your partner

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
I Moristo in the beginning, but then I had no idea about pip usage.
I see in Japan is continuously the number 1. Of course Mima Ito is a star there. But not sure if most of the people use it on backhand. Not sure if for a 1 sided penholder is better SP-AX.

Never tried Rosin? any opinion about it?