Is glue supposed to be thick like yogurt?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yeah, I just learned that the hard way... Thank god I first tested it on my spare setup
I like it. The rubber sticks. I think it is the best glue!

I have no intention of removing glue from my rubber so that's why I like it. When I move rubber from one blade to another, I just put a layer of booster on it and it dissolves the glue a bit and then I just leave the old glue on. Each time I transfer the rubber, the booster expands the rubber a bit so I cut the extra edge off. After doing so 3-4 times, then it is time to throw away the rubber.

I have two bottles of Butterfly Free Chack Pro II - 500ml sitting at home right now.

Quite frankly, I hate the liquidy Revolution 3 glue. The worst thing that can happen to me is, I assemble the blade and the top 1/3 or top 1/4 of the rubber does not stick to the blade. Now I have to peel it off and reglue it and hope that I do a good cutting job again? No thanks. That is one big waste of time for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I have no intention of removing glue from my rubber so that's why I like it. When I move rubber from one blade to another, I just put a layer of booster on it and it dissolves the glue a bit and then I just leave the old glue on. Each time I transfer the rubber, the booster expands the rubber a bit so I cut the extra edge off. After doing so 3-4 times, then it is time to throw away the rubber.

I have two bottles of Butterfly Free Chack Pro II - 500ml sitting at home right now.

Quite frankly, I hate the liquidy Revolution 3 glue. The worst thing that can happen to me is, I assemble the blade and the top 1/3 or top 1/4 of the rubber does not stick to the blade. Now I have to peel it off and reglue it and hope that I do a good cutting job again? No thanks. That is one big waste of time for me.

Hey @JJ Ng, the Revo 3 comes in 3 viscosities - the high viscosity (thickest) is the right one... But good to hear your opinion on Free Chack Pro II anyway...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hey @JJ Ng, the Revo 3 comes in 3 viscosities - the high viscosity (thickest) is the right one... But good to hear your opinion on Free Chack Pro II anyway...
Yes I used to use regular Revolution 3 (which is the thinnest) but to me, glue is cheap so I am going to pay up for Butterfly. Each rubber is like $40+ per sheet for ESN. I don't want to botch a glue job 2-3 times in a row and have to throw the rubber away.

Reactions: latej
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
The glue of best usable consistency much like shaving cream. You need some thickening agent like а cornstarch fine powder.

Last edited:
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews

I like the normal bty free chack glue. Soft and easy to remove. Also because it's soft it sticks well and gives elasticity to the rubber. It's a playing matter for me, I want it to play good.

Reactions: latej