Is the blade too damaged?

says beginner (rating 700)
says beginner (rating 700)
May 2019
I was going to change the rubber on this, but the wood in that area has come apart and is stuck to the rubber. Should I try peeling the wood off the rubber and glue it back to the blade, or just forget about that wood and live with the blade being thinner in that area, or just get a new blade?

Attachments

• paddletopview.jpg
    paddletopview.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 250
  • paddlesideview.jpg
    paddlesideview.jpg
    989.8 KB · Views: 202
I was going to change the rubber on this, but the wood in that area has come apart and is stuck to the rubber. Should I try peeling the wood off the rubber and glue it back to the blade, or just forget about that wood and live with the blade being thinner in that area, or just get a new blade?
Fixable as long as the core layer is intact. Depends on how much you like this particular blade. I would fix it regardless. But I would not use the old wood. I would take new wood and cut away the old. Such a small area close to the edge means no real degradation of funcionality. Use any type of thin veneer for this.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: ttarc
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Fixable as long as the core layer is intact. Depends on how much you like this particular blade. I would fix it regardless. But I would not use the old wood. I would take new wood and cut away the old. Such a small area close to the edge means no real degradation of funcionality. Use any type of thin veneer for this.

Cheers
L-zr
He only just lifted up an edge, who knows what comes away together with the rest of the rubber.
As you say, it depends on how much attachment is involved to this blade AND if the required skills are there to do a proper job.My knee-jerk reaction though is also : Get a new blade 😁

He only just lifted up an edge, who knows what comes away together with the rest of the rubber.
As you say, it depends on how much attachment is involved to this blade AND if the required skills are there to do a proper job.My knee-jerk reaction though is also : Get a new blade 😁
You are too old to be in the use and throw away generation. 😉

Cheers
L-zr

• Haha
Reactions: lodro