Japanese vs Chinese pros

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
He also highlighted that all the Japanese players essentially use the same style, relying on Chiquita flick and tension rubber. While he showed the different styles of the Chinese pros: Wang Hao, Ma Long, Xu Xin, ZJK, FZD.
Would you say Togami, Harimoto, and Koki Niwa have esssentially the exact same style?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Would you say Togami, Harimoto, and Koki Niwa have esssentially the exact same style?
Id say koki and harimoto have the same style. But they lean farther towards one spectrum more.

Both counter attacking players, Harimoto flicks more and blocks more. While Koki flicks way less. You'd see koki lobbing more than Harimoto as well. He also plays more away from the table than Harimoto.

Togami's just not even close.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Yet you know for sure the 2nd part was insinuating Harimoto.
this year Togami join in on the "winning gold medal" talk lol
It's just a meme, only Togami plays like that lol.... The other Japanese players all have their own style.
most of the Japanese attackers adopt this close table highspeed counter-topspin style, but Togami was the most successful at this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yet you know for sure the 2nd part was insinuating Harimoto.
What do you mean? I just read the Japanese.

It says "im going to win the gold medal at the next olympics - big mouth"

That refers to Harimoto because he made that claim over and over in every media interview. It may also include other Japanese players who the creator considers big mouth

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Id say koki and harimoto have the same style. But they lean farther towards one spectrum more.

Both counter attacking players, Harimoto flicks more and blocks more. While Koki flicks way less. You'd see koki lobbing more than Harimoto as well. He also plays more away from the table than Harimoto.

Togami's just not even close.
Incidentally, this popped up into my YT feed (the algorithm is all-knowing):

To me this doesn't look anything like the same style. Biggest difference is Harimoto is more heavily reliant on athleticism, using more footwork and putting his entire body into his shots. But I guess this is an issue of semantics. Anyone who is mostly looping and not chopping the majority of the time can be said to be playing the same 'style.'