Keeping Rubbers clean. How to do it?

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
While actually at the table tennis centre I use a spray cleaner and a Butterfly sponge to wipe it off with. At home I clean with a millilitre or two of Fairy Liquid ( or whatever else the missus has bought ) and a dishwashing sponge, followed by clean water to get the detergent off then a wipe dry with a Joola sponge covered with ( imitation ! ) chamois leather. In either case, i always put rubber protectors straight on afterwards - I prefer the Stiga ones as they stick to the rubber, whereas Butterfly's version tends to fall off in the bat case if you aren't careful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Always used the butterfly or stick double sided sponge (the little things) with just some water!
always worked well for me with chinese rubbers or (now anyway) donic rubber, found that the chamois sponges left loads of kinda hairs on the chinese rubbers :S

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How will I clean my rubber if there is glue spilled on it??

What kind of glue? Is it the water based glue for putting the rubber on the blade? Do you mean glue on the topsheet?

If it is just water based glue or rubber cement on your topsheet, all you do is gently use your finger to rub/roll it off. It will peel away from the rubber and ball up.

Reactions: AhsanCH and michiy