Koki Niwa Wood or Tibhar Force Pro Black edition

says Looking for Frame
Today finally my Koki Niwa Wood has arrived.
Same rubbers as the Tibhar.

It has great low arc, lower than tibhar. But is was WAY slower.
The blade was 83gr. Total with rubbers 142. Same as the Tibhar btw.

I really had problems with the slow forehand. With the LP it was ok.
It felt kinda the same. For the FH I have a MX-S rubber laying so I will try that.
But for now not sure what to think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Today finally my Koki Niwa Wood has arrived.
Same rubbers as the Tibhar.

It has great low arc, lower than tibhar. But is was WAY slower.
The blade was 83gr. Total with rubbers 142. Same as the Tibhar btw.

I really had problems with the slow forehand. With the LP it was ok.
It felt kinda the same. For the FH I have a MX-S rubber laying so I will try that.
But for now not sure what to think.
Yeah play with it for a while. If you still have trouble, maybe you need to upgrade your forehand rubber. But MX-S is pretty fast. Faster than that, you are probably looking at Tenergy 05/80 or Tenergy 05 Hard or Dignics 05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
NOOOOOO Butterfly for me :D.
I have a Tenergy 19 here which I did not like at all.

I'll try the mx-s and go from there again.

The numbers on the paper are all kinda ..... well.
It depends on so much more ... how you play, what you like, in combo with frame but also the opposite rubber.
I don't use Butterfly either. Butterfly does not give discount which makes it very expensive for my EJ habit.

If you want something faster than MX-S, I guess MX-P 50, if you are not going to go the Butterfly route? You said the blade is a bit slow.

says Looking for Frame
I moved the MX-S to the Victas frame, but also my Andro Treiber FI frame arrived.
With rubbers total weight was 151. So 9 gram heavier, but it feels less.
Also when you take it in your hand it feels so much better. Maybe because i'm used to the Andro Kanter FO.

And it played perfect for me. FH attacks where low over the net. I could block slow or fast .... it felt great.
On the LP it's a bit low arc, but I will get used to it. I could easy attack with the LP. So much more feeling with it.
First topspin chopblock, they give the ball back with backspin and I can attack. Or push it back or hit it again .... Perfect.

I love this combo .. I didn't even try the MX-S on the Victas. This felt great.

Today I had training, next week again and than next week friday there will be a special summer competition for 5 fridays with total results for the winner.
Good practise for match experience .... looking forward to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I moved the MX-S to the Victas frame, but also my Andro Treiber FI frame arrived.
With rubbers total weight was 151. So 9 gram heavier, but it feels less.
Also when you take it in your hand it feels so much better. Maybe because i'm used to the Andro Kanter FO.

And it played perfect for me. FH attacks where low over the net. I could block slow or fast .... it felt great.
On the LP it's a bit low arc, but I will get used to it. I could easy attack with the LP. So much more feeling with it.
First topspin chopblock, they give the ball back with backspin and I can attack. Or push it back or hit it again .... Perfect.

I love this combo .. I didn't even try the MX-S on the Victas. This felt great.

Today I had training, next week again and than next week friday there will be a special summer competition for 5 fridays with total results for the winner.
Good practise for match experience .... looking forward to it.
I am glad you like your new set-up. I have been EJ'ing for the past year.

What I have found is, certain rubbers go with certain blades. Unless you try, you don't know. For example all the 47.5 degree or harder ESN rubbr have to go on my wood blades. For my carbon blade I need really soft ESN rubber such as Rakza soft and Xiom Vega Europe. It is weird but that's just the way it is. I could ask people on the forum forever but I simply have to try it to believe it.

Some blades, once I get a new set-up, I do weigh them as well. They come in at different weights. But some feel heavier than the others but it does not match with the number from my scale. I think it has to do with the "balance" of the blade once you put the rubbers on. All of us are built differently. some blades probably just feel more balanced for me so it feels "lighter." Some blades probably just feel less balanced for me so it feels "heavier." That would be my explanation for the phenomenon you are describing in your post

Reactions: GarField000