Loki Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Tried Loki Rxton 1 Plus for about an hour yesterday and for a couple hours today. This is an amazing rubber for my backhand.

At 39d, the sponge is a lot harder than what I'm used to, so to soften it up a bit and speed up the breaking in period, I used one very thin layer of Seamoon. Very light curl which subsided to almost no curl 24 hours later before I glued it.

Lightly boosted, the rubber still felt very controlled and linear with not too much bounce. I've used Fastarc S-1, Xiom Vega Intro, Yinhe Moon, and Yinhe Moon 12 Blue on my backhand before. This one may be my favorite.

I have been able to be pretty consistent with my BH drive and BH blocking (Moon 12 Blue was the best in this category), but right now I'm trying to improve my BH topspin and open-ups against backspins. I'm not sure it's because of the tackiness on the backhand, but I feel an incredible amount of control in topspin techniques.

Whatever the reason, my consistency with BH topspin and open-ups improved a lot. It would be fair to say that I was able to decrease my error rate on those techniques by 50%. If I'm focusing on brushing, I can produce some slow spinny balls similar to Moon 12 Blue but with a lower arc. The big difference was that I felt much more confidence adding power and speed to my BH topspin and the shot quality improved the more I put into it. Before, adding power to a BH topspin drive usually resulted in a mis-hit and sending the ball flying long. There's a very noticeable feeling of the rubber holding the ball which I never had with previous rubbers.

I was initially interested in Loki Rxton 1 Plus from the Japanese youtube video below where the reviewers were extremely complimentary. I'm very happy with this rubber's performance. It's also very cheap at $15 a sheet.

Tried Loki Rxton 1 Plus for about an hour yesterday and for a couple hours today. This is an amazing rubber for my backhand.

At 39d, the sponge is a lot harder than what I'm used to, so to soften it up a bit and speed up the breaking in period, I used one very thin layer of Seamoon. Very light curl which subsided to almost no curl 24 hours later before I glued it.

Lightly boosted, the rubber still felt very controlled and linear with not too much bounce. I've used Fastarc S-1, Xiom Vega Intro, Yinhe Moon, and Yinhe Moon 12 Blue on my backhand before. This one may be my favorite.

I have been able to be pretty consistent with my BH drive and BH blocking (Moon 12 Blue was the best in this category), but right now I'm trying to improve my BH topspin and open-ups against backspins. I'm not sure it's because of the tackiness on the backhand, but I feel an incredible amount of control in topspin techniques.

Whatever the reason, my consistency with BH topspin and open-ups improved a lot. It would be fair to say that I was able to decrease my error rate on those techniques by 50%. If I'm focusing on brushing, I can produce some slow spinny balls similar to Moon 12 Blue but with a lower arc. The big difference was that I felt much more confidence adding power and speed to my BH topspin and the shot quality improved the more I put into it. Before, adding power to a BH topspin drive usually resulted in a mis-hit and sending the ball flying long. There's a very noticeable feeling of the rubber holding the ball which I never had with previous rubbers.

I was initially interested in Loki Rxton 1 Plus from the Japanese youtube video below where the reviewers were extremely complimentary. I'm very happy with this rubber's performance. It's also very cheap at $15 a sheet.
What's the difference with the old LOKI RXTON 1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
What's the difference with the old LOKI RXTON 1?

Uses an entirely different sponge. Red sheet has a pink sponge and black sheet has a blue sponge. The top edges of it are cut to save costs too, so maybe it costs a bit more to manufacture.

The topsheet is the same LARC number as regular Rxton I, but I imagine it might be a different top sheet material since Rxton 3 and Rxton 3 Blue/Pink also have same LARC number but are completely different. Not sure why Loki does this.

The above channel did a comparison between the two. From my limited Japanese, the reviewer says that the regular Rxton 1 felt heavier and more mushy than 1 Plus. Also he says there's no bounce from regular Rxton 1 (so it's a bit deader in comparison). He says that 1 Plus is the best BH rubber he's tested, and regular Rxton 1 was just okay but 1 Plus was just much better.

Reactions: [email protected]
Menggunakan spons yang sama sekali berbeda. Sprei merah memiliki spon merah muda dan sprei hitam memiliki spon biru. Tepi atasnya dipotong untuk menghemat biaya juga, jadi mungkin biaya pembuatannya sedikit lebih mahal.

Lembar atas adalah nomor LARC yang sama dengan Rxton I biasa, tetapi saya membayangkan ini mungkin bahan lembaran atas yang berbeda karena Rxton 3 dan Rxton 3 Blue/Pink juga memiliki nomor LARC yang sama tetapi sama sekali berbeda. Tidak yakin mengapa Loki melakukan ini.

Saluran di atas melakukan perbandingan antara keduanya. Dari bahasa Jepang saya yang terbatas, reviewer mengatakan bahwa Rxton 1 biasa terasa lebih berat dan lebih lembek daripada 1 Plus. Dia juga mengatakan tidak ada pantulan dari Rxton 1 biasa (jadi perbandingannya sedikit lebih mematikan). Dia mengatakan bahwa 1 Plus adalah karet BH terbaik yang dia uji, dan Rxton 1 biasa baik-baik saja tetapi 1 Plus jauh lebih baik.

Ok Thank's

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023

Nice, I just got my Rxton1 Plus in Black, I currently use the regular Rxton1 on my forehand. How different is the regular Rxton1 from the Rxton 1 Plus? Should I get it boosted or not?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Nice, I just got my Rxton1 Plus in Black, I currently use the regular Rxton1 on my forehand. How different is the regular Rxton1 from the Rxton 1 Plus? Should I get it boosted or not?
I haven't used regular Rxton 1 before. Based on the youtube review I posted above, the Plus should have a bit more bounce and feel crisper.

You would be the first poster I've seen to use both, so you can let us know what the differences are. I used a light layer of Seamoon and it had flattened out completely after 24 hrs before gluing. On my BH, it plays very nice. Not too bouncy or mushy. I boosted just to break in the rubber and I think it was a success.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I haven't used regular Rxton 1 before. Based on the youtube review I posted above, the Plus should have a bit more bounce and feel crisper.

You would be the first poster I've seen to use both, so you can let us know what the differences are. I used a light layer of Seamoon and it had flattened out completely after 24 hrs before gluing. On my BH, it plays very nice. Not too bouncy or mushy. I boosted just to break in the rubber and I think it was a success.
Alright I'll keep you posted man. I've been using the Rxton1 for maybe 20hrs more or less of play time, and I really like it's control on the forehand. Feels like a tamer Tibhar Evolution EL-S. I plan on using the Rxton V on my bh and maybe the Rxton1 Plus on my fh. I'll have both boosted by my friend with haifu black oil and see how it goes. Not sure what blade to stick on yet though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Alright I'll keep you posted man. I've been using the Rxton1 for maybe 20hrs more or less of play time, and I really like it's control on the forehand. Feels like a tamer Tibhar Evolution EL-S. I plan on using the Rxton V on my bh and maybe the Rxton1 Plus on my fh. I'll have both boosted by my friend with haifu black oil and see how it goes. Not sure what blade to stick on yet though.

Might make more sense to use the Rxton V on the FH since it's 41d and requires a lot more htting through the ball. Rxton 1 Plus isn't too bouncy, but it's supposed to be 39d and the softer livelier sponge is more suited for the BH than Rxton V.

Not sure what the characteristics of black oil are, but I'm reading it doesn't soften the sponge much so doesn't make it too much easier to play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
1683650068694.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Might make more sense to use the Rxton V on the FH since it's 41d and requires a lot more htting through the ball. Rxton 1 Plus isn't too bouncy, but it's supposed to be 39d and the softer livelier sponge is more suited for the BH than Rxton V.

Not sure what the characteristics of black oil are, but I'm reading it doesn't soften the sponge much so doesn't make it too much easier to play.
Yeah, well I've been using the regular Loki Rxton 1 with great success on my forehand. I have used Sanwei National Target before on my backhand, so I don't see why I can't use Rxton 5 on my bh. My friend told me the Rxton V feels like a D09C to him, but what do I know. haha I haven't tried it yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
You might want to use it the other way around, I've played bh with Rxton 5 before and it's really hard to control the ball
I haven't had any trouble using hard rubbers on my bh. I can use medium or hard rubbers on my bh, some soft ones too though I prefer medium hard.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I haven't had any trouble using hard rubbers on my bh. I can use medium or hard rubbers on my bh, some soft ones too though I prefer medium hard.
accuracy and control can be difficult to establish and describe.
Whenever i glue on a new rubber i test it with my robbo, always the same shot.
I aim at a point about a square inch and shoot 100 shots, 5 x20 and count the hits.
It came quite evident that the softer the rubber the wider the " spray-angle".

Reactions: latej and turbozed