Loki Rxton III Pink Review

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
According to the table that Matt uploaded, Rxton 1 and 3 Pink both share the K-type sponge. So I was thinking they should perform relatively similar, especially after boosting. Rxton 1 is just $5 right now on Ali, so i'm tempted to stock up on a few if they boost well. The greatest feeling for me is to take a dull, boring rubber and transform it into a monster with boosting.
Rxton 1 is KO1, Rxton 3 Pink is KO3, I doubt they are exactly the same. I have Rxton 1 Plus which supposedly has the same KO1 sponge as Rxton 1, but it feels different to me (all unboosted). The best way is to get 1 Rxton 1 and try it out yourself, it's only $5 after all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Rxton 1 is KO1, Rxton 3 Pink is KO3, I doubt they are exactly the same. I have Rxton 1 Plus which supposedly has the same KO1 sponge as Rxton 1, but it feels different to me (all unboosted). The best way is to get 1 Rxton 1 and try it out yourself, it's only $5 after all.
Any idea the difference between N sponge and K sponge? Both seem to be cake style pore sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Rxton 3 Blue I think is my favorite FH rubber out of the few I've tried (which includes Mercury 2, Jupiter 3, Rxton 5, Battle 2 Pro). It has more better grip, better blocking, and better top end speed than Mercury 2. It's more predictable and easy to use than Rxton 5 or Battle 2 Pro.

The only weakness is that serves with Rxton 3 Blue are less spinny than my serves with the tackier rubbers.

At 51-52d Shore O, it's also tied with Mercury 2 as the hardest FH rubber I've used as well.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Look forward to 9 and 7.

Why don't you like Rxton 3 pink/blue? Is it too slow? Did you try boosting it?

I thought I was mostly done my testing of Aliexpress rubbers, but I think boosting Rxton 1 or 3 might be pretty good option on BH. Maybe I need to go back and test that.
I have rxton 3 pink, I think it's an exceptional chinese rubber.

It's rally fast but completely linear, it doesn't have any catapult and is 39° in dhs scale.

It has really good grip and medium throw, not a ton of spin but more than enough to make a good impact and disorient your opponent.

I found that because of the minimal tackiness it works really well on penhold forehand, it has a ton of power so when you do a nice full swing the rubber just grips and travels to another dimension.

It can also work shake backhand. It will require a compact and strong swing to make it work, but it's deadly.

The feel is very nice, it has a nice grippy feel and surprising dwell for the hard cake sponge. It has a unique feel to it, with a shallow contact, if it makes sense. It needs good power and it's really effective.

I trully believe it's a penhold rubber, probably a substitute for the tg3.

If put on shake forehand, expect a hard and fast chinese rubber with a loud sound and thick and shallow feel. Good on the table and counter attack, blocking and flat hits are good too.

To do a topspin it needs a bit of strength, but that's all. It's good for a fan zhendong style play. On the table and countering everything, or mid distance control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I have rxton 3 pink, I think it's an exceptional chinese rubber.

It's rally fast but completely linear, it doesn't have any catapult and is 39° in dhs scale.

It has really good grip and medium throw, not a ton of spin but more than enough to make a good impact and disorient your opponent.

I found that because of the minimal tackiness it works really well on penhold forehand, it has a ton of power so when you do a nice full swing the rubber just grips and travels to another dimension.

It can also work shake backhand. It will require a compact and strong swing to make it work, but it's deadly.

The feel is very nice, it has a nice grippy feel and surprising dwell for the hard cake sponge. It has a unique feel to it, with a shallow contact, if it makes sense. It needs good power and it's really effective.

I trully believe it's a penhold rubber, probably a substitute for the tg3.

If put on shake forehand, expect a hard and fast chinese rubber with a loud sound and thick and shallow feel. Good on the table and counter attack, blocking and flat hits are good too.

To do a topspin it needs a bit of strength, but that's all. It's good for a fan zhendong style play. On the table and countering everything, or mid distance control.
Does it have a strong reaction/benefit to booster?

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Does it have a strong reaction/benefit to booster?
I haven't boosted it. It would become too uncontrolable, it's really fast, much faster than hurricane. But it's hard and not very tacky, it behaves like a hard euro rubber with no catapult and feels like a more elastic and lively chinese rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I haven't boosted it. It would become too uncontrolable, it's really fast, much faster than hurricane. But it's hard and not very tacky, it behaves like a hard euro rubber with no catapult and feels like a more elastic and lively chinese rubber.
hmm, what you are saying sounds like Moon 12. But a number of folk have said that Rxton 3 is quite slower than Moon 12

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
hmm, what you are saying sounds like Moon 12. But a number of folk have said that Rxton 3 is quite slower than Moon 12
It doesn't have any tension, but the rubber is blazing fast. I could get more speed on the top end with the rxton than my blustorm z3, and I had it on my ma lin extra off. It's rapid, but because it has no tension, you need to put body to get power and engage the sponge. The yinhe rubbers have the max tense thing, I had the big dipper and moon, they were much slower. Always talking about using a good chinese tecnique developed with the hurricane 3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I tested & have Rxton Pink on a Korbel Jp & what i can say its that it isnt "Bouncy" But i also find it pretty fast, Great control too, I could use it on FH & BH without problems, its pretty linear so it has a familiar feel (Im quite used to H3neo Style rubbers on both sides) Out of the package has a particular "solvent" smell, maybe just my sample, but it isnt the same smell as vacuum sealed "boosted" rubbers such as H3neo or Rxton 9. I think the sponge could take a couple of layers of booster without problem if you would like it softer for the BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tested & have Rxton Pink on a Korbel Jp & what i can say its that it isnt "Bouncy" But i also find it pretty fast, Great control too, I could use it on FH & BH without problems, its pretty linear so it has a familiar feel (Im quite used to H3neo Style rubbers on both sides) Out of the package has a particular "solvent" smell, maybe just my sample, but it isnt the same smell as vacuum sealed "boosted" rubbers such as H3neo or Rxton 9. I think the sponge could take a couple of layers of booster without problem if you would like it softer for the BH.
but it's slower than Moon 12 right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok, I tried Rxton 3 pink and Rxton 3 blue before. I did not like it. But that's because I only test it on my backhand and my backhand is used to soft, bouncy rubbers like Rakza 7 soft, Xiom Vega Japan, Rozena and BlueFire M2.

And because I used it on my backhand, not forehand, I did not know the top end speed for the rubber.

I did boost both of them. I agree. Booster has no effects on them. They will not turn into ESN tensor rubber just because you boost them.

Both rubbers are in ziplock bags right now. Eventually, I will probably put them on my spare all wood blades when I get a chance. The number of rubbers in my zipock bags are piling up!

Also today I tried Tenergy 05 fx on my backhand side on one of the my blades (I have like 8 of the same blade). I hated it. Too bouncy. I played very tentatively as a result.

So right now, I don't like AK-47, Rxton 3 or any chinese rubber on the backhand side; I need that bounce so I can keep my backhand stroke short and compact. Xiom Vega Europe, Victas V > 15 Limber, and Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 43 are too soft or not catapulty enough. Xiom Vega Pro, Vega X, G-1, Tenergy 05 fx, Tenergy 05, Dignic 64 and Tenergy 80 are either too hard or too bouncy.

Xiom Vega Asia, Xiom Vega Japan, Rozena, C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X soft and BlueFire M2 are hitting the right spot. That's why I EJ I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I did boost both of them. I agree. Booster has no effects on them. They will not turn into ESN tensor rubber just because you boost them.

hm... I disagree.
Booster has good effects on them.
I would not use R3 pink or blue if I didn't boost them or if they didn't get a good effect from boosting.

It's obvious the hardness of the sponge is your problem and boosting won't lower it down to super soft sponge, especially if you list something like T05FX as too bouncy/hard.

The trend throughout the 40+ years is going harder, both FH and BH.
So, I do believe more people will adapt (maybe just slower in the amateur space), but the trend does go towards it, with the likes of T05H or hybrids replace T05's type on the FH.

ESN 47.5 for example is too soft for my backhand.
So yeah, I guess the R3 pink/blue on FH could be softer users cup of tea. But for someone who wants to go harder on both sides, I do think it is a cheap and good value for money option.

You can try Vega Korea maybe

Last edited:
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I have tried both Rxton 3 Pink and Moon 12 on my BH - they are completely different. When you hit hard the Moon shoots much faster, on the other hand brushing loops with R3P is easier. R3P feels harder than Moon H-

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have tried both Rxton 3 Pink and Moon 12 on my BH - they are completely different. When you hit hard the Moon shoots much faster, on the other hand brushing loops with R3P is easier. R3P feels harder than Moon H-
indeed totally different rubber.
Shouldn't even be on a comparison chart for each other.
It is try to compare a T05 to H3, just doesn't make sense.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Sorry for reviving old thread but I want to add something for the rxton 3 pink. I ended up getting a new one, after destroying my first one by over-boosting it, and after using it for some time after the discussion here, now I want to give my extended thoughts.

Initially I got it for a bh rubber, but I ended up really liking it for penhold forehand. On the bh it was a bit underwhelming.

Compared to the Xuperman Powerplay-X I currently have on there, I found that it is faster and much more lively and engaging. Xuperman needs booster or else it feels like a rock, highly dampened and hard to penetrate through, unlike a hurricane. I'm guessing it's trully a pro rubber.

Rxton 3 pink feels like a classic China/Jap hybrid. To me it feels odly similar to the dawei 2008xp super power. The old version with the red sponge, if you remember it, great rubber and I think this is very close to it. They both have a fast Japanese cake sponge and soft topsheet with medium/low tackiness. Medium arc and a ton of reaction with booster, though I don't think it needs it.

Anyone that tried it on bh and was disappointed, give it a chance on the fh, you might be surprised.