Looking for advice on rubber/blade upgrade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Hey everyone!

I am new here, but I have been reading the forum for weeks now!

I need a bit of advice regarding the blade/rubbers upgrade. I currently have a Neottec Revolution OFF blade with Stiga NEOS Sound rubbers on both sides (https://revspin.net/blade/neottec-revolution.html). By way of a background, I am an FH-dominant player with a good advanced technique, I used to train and play a lot until the age of 16, tournaments and everything. I have not played for about 20 years and I am now getting back into it, so I am a bit rusty, but most of the fundamentals are still there.

I think I would like extra control while I am rebuilding/improving my technique for the new environment. The game has changed a lot, no more speed glue, tennis balls feel different, equipment has advanced etc. Obviously, the blade/rubbers I have are old and worn out, so that's why I am shopping around, but there is an overwhelming amount of choice. Other players at my table tennis club suggested that my blade is still fine, just replacing the rubbers should do for now, so that was my plan. But I wanted to get a second opinion and see what you guys think.

I was researching the rubbers, and there are so many good options. It is difficult for me to judge how fast is a "fast" rubber, since I have no adequate point of reference. So my initial thinking was to go with a rubber that offers good speed and a lot of control, plus not very sensitive to incoming spin. I ordered Tibhar Hybrid MK rubbers (2 mm) for both BH and FH, and I am currently waiting for them to arrive. I think I may need to upgrade my blade since it is so old, but I am not sure.

Are there any blades you would recommend for me to consider with my choice of runbbers (Hybrid MK)? I do not want anything crazy fast, but fast enough with a good amount of control at the same time.

Many thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
Hey everyone!

I am new here, but I have been reading the forum for weeks now!

I need a bit of advice regarding the blade/rubbers upgrade. I currently have a Neottec Revolution OFF blade with Stiga NEOS Sound rubbers on both sides (https://revspin.net/blade/neottec-revolution.html). By way of a background, I am an FH-dominant player with a good advanced technique, I used to train and play a lot until the age of 16, tournaments and everything. I have not played for about 20 years and I am now getting back into it, so I am a bit rusty, but most of the fundamentals are still there.

I think I would like extra control while I am rebuilding/improving my technique for the new environment. The game has changed a lot, no more speed glue, tennis balls feel different, equipment has advanced etc. Obviously, the blade/rubbers I have are old and worn out, so that's why I am shopping around, but there is an overwhelming amount of choice. Other players at my table tennis club suggested that my blade is still fine, just replacing the rubbers should do for now, so that was my plan. But I wanted to get a second opinion and see what you guys think.

I was researching the rubbers, and there are so many good options. It is difficult for me to judge how fast is a "fast" rubber, since I have no adequate point of reference. So my initial thinking was to go with a rubber that offers good speed and a lot of control, plus not very sensitive to incoming spin. I ordered Tibhar Hybrid MK rubbers (2 mm) for both BH and FH, and I am currently waiting for them to arrive. I think I may need to upgrade my blade since it is so old, but I am not sure.

Are there any blades you would recommend for me to consider with my choice of runbbers (Hybrid MK)? I do not want anything crazy fast, but fast enough with a good amount of control at the same time.

Many thanks!
Rubbers...maybe Stiga Mantra Control?