Looking for light bat set up (offensive play)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi guys, I am looking for a light set up with evenly distributed weight across the bat.
This is very important to me as my current bat is a hinoki blade j tech with andro hexer grip/powergrip rubbers. While it is a great bat its very top heavy and seriously affects how i can flick my wrist. It was premade and I think hard sponges were used, not sure this effects the weight.
My friend recommended the donic waldner black devil carbon balsa blade - which is 80g.
Now looking for light rubbers that suit my play, I am an allrounder offensive player, like my quick shots like the fast backhand flick, would love to take advantage with a suitable backhand rubber.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I have the Victas V11 Extra I bought specifically because they were designed to be lighter but haven't got around to using them as my current rubbers are still in good shape. Might want to check them out yourself.

How heavy is your current setup? As Der Echte from the forum has suggested, you can change the weight distribution with grip tape. That might fix the issue.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Victas V>11 is indeed build to be lighter.
Another light rubber are the Xiom Omega 7 Euro/Pro.
If it is also about the head heaviness and you dont dislike the cybershape form factor, you might try a light selected stiga cybershape (wood) CWT. This enables you to fine tune the head heaviness/balance of your racket.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have the Victas V11 Extra I bought specifically because they were designed to be lighter but haven't got around to using them as my current rubbers are still in good shape. Might want to check them out yourself.

How heavy is your current setup? As Der Echte from the forum has suggested, you can change the weight distribution with grip tape. That might fix the issue.
My setup is 180g which isn't bad, but i think problem is that its top heavy and effects my play. Also its a straight blade and I think I would prefer a flare blade as its better grip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
how heavy is your current blade ?
I got a stiga cybershape wood CWT with 82g which ends up at 187g with 1.8mm PK50 and 2.1mm Jekyll & Hyde Rubbers on it.
A stiga cybershape wood (non-CWT) with 80g ends up at 180g with 2.0mm Victas V>20 Double Extra and 1.8mm Tibhar Evo MX-S.
Perhaps it makes more sense to actually get the same blade you already have in a little ligher weight if you are satisfied with it's performance

This user has no status.
I was looking for the exact same thing as you when I went shopping for a new blade end of December.
I also had a top-heavy blade at 189 gram, which I hated for the ~3 months I had to play with.

I ended up getting a Butterfly Balsa Carbo X7 2022 frame, with a flared handle. I used anatomic handles before which I noticed I gripped very hard, which I dont do with flared handles.
On my forehand I use the Andro Rasanter C48 2.0, backhand I use the Rasanter R48 (in green, because why not haha).
Total setup weighs in at 170 grams and most noticably has a great weight balance.

Loving the blade so far, been using it for around a month now.
The C48 is a dream for my playing style, the R48 I have to adjust a bit more too.
If you have the chance test them both out and see how they feel.
I personally would consider going with the C48 on both sides, maybe a bit thicker on the forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
how heavy is your current blade ?
I got a stiga cybershape wood CWT with 82g which ends up at 187g with 1.8mm PK50 and 2.1mm Jekyll & Hyde Rubbers on it.
A stiga cybershape wood (non-CWT) with 80g ends up at 180g with 2.0mm Victas V>20 Double Extra and 1.8mm Tibhar Evo MX-S.
Perhaps it makes more sense to actually get the same blade you already have in a little ligher weight if you are satisfied with it's performance
i looked online and it appears to be light around 85g, I think problem I have is weight distribution not the overall weight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I was looking for the exact same thing as you when I went shopping for a new blade end of December.
I also had a top-heavy blade at 189 gram, which I hated for the ~3 months I had to play with.

I ended up getting a Butterfly Balsa Carbo X7 2022 frame, with a flared handle. I used anatomic handles before which I noticed I gripped very hard, which I dont do with flared handles.
On my forehand I use the Andro Rasanter C48 2.0, backhand I use the Rasanter R48 (in green, because why not haha).
Total setup weighs in at 170 grams and most noticably has a great weight balance.

Loving the blade so far, been using it for around a month now.
The C48 is a dream for my playing style, the R48 I have to adjust a bit more too.
If you have the chance test them both out and see how they feel.
I personally would consider going with the C48 on both sides, maybe a bit thicker on the forehand.
Should I go for your blade and stick some blue ak47 rubbers on, I heard these were light rubbers and more euro style compared with other chinese rubbers.

This user has no status.
Should I go for your blade and stick some blue ak47 rubbers on, I heard these were light rubbers and more euro style compared with other chinese rubbers.
I personally would not go lighter than the setup I currently have.
As for the rubbers you mention, I don't know them, so I cannot say anything on them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
i looked online and it appears to be light around 85g, I think problem I have is weight distribution not the overall weight.
if what you suspect is true and it is just about the weight distribution, you simply go for a cybershape CWT which enables you to add 3g, 6g or 9g weight on the bottom of the handle, which will make your blade less head heavy.

1674677208684.png

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
if what you suspect is true and it is just about the weight distribution, you simply go for a cybershape CWT which enables you to add 3g, 6g or 9g weight on the bottom of the handle, which will make your blade less head heavy.

View attachment 24197
But then of course, any blade can have weight added to the handle.

It is interesting to read through this thread and all the different proposals but neither the OP nor anybody else has actually measured and given us the points of CWT of their setups.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
If you know what you want, have a custom blade maker like SDC or BBC Charlie make you a blade. I have blades by both that are made lighter. They will make you whatever you want for a reasonable price.

As noted above, first try taping a coin or two to bottom of the handle of your current blade to see if you like the change of balance point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Look at Palio AK47 RED..Its Cheap, Lightweight, Fast, Fairly spinny, with around 45° - 47° sponge..The downside is that it does not last too long..The top sheet tends to separate from the sponge, after around 3 months of usage..

Xiom Omega VII - Excellent rubber, in all aspects... Not as heavy as the MXPs, Tenergies, Hurricanes, but not as light as Palio AK47.. Same with the pricing - Not as expensive as the MXPs and Tenergies, but not as cheap as Palio AK47.

Donic Coppa X3 Silver - I haven't played with this rubber, but I hear its a good lightweight option.

says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
My setup is 180g which isn't bad, but i think problem is that its top heavy and effects my play. Also its a straight blade and I think I would prefer a flare blade as its better grip
This. I experienced the same. ST blade feels more head-heavy, everything else being equal. I currently play with ST handle but I will definitely switch back to FL very soon.

Hi guys, I am looking for a light set up with evenly distributed weight across the bat.
This is very important to me as my current bat is a hinoki blade j tech with andro hexer grip/powergrip rubbers. While it is a great bat its very top heavy and seriously affects how i can flick my wrist. It was premade and I think hard sponges were used, not sure this effects the weight.
My friend recommended the donic waldner black devil carbon balsa blade - which is 80g.
Now looking for light rubbers that suit my play, I am an allrounder offensive player, like my quick shots like the fast backhand flick, would love to take advantage with a suitable backhand rubber.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you
The question is, do you want a soft, medium or hard rubber. 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2 or max?

FYI, my most lightest blade was a Andro Temper Tech ALL+ from 75gr.

Light and fast rubbers are:
Andro Plasma 470 (and almost all other Andro rubbers!)
Gewo Hype EL pro 40
Nittaku Hammond (and Z2)
Palio AK 47 REd (like wrote above)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Recently I bought an Andro Kanter Off just because it weighs 68g. Lovely blade with a perfect balance , very fast and easy to play with. I only wish the handle wasn't that bulky, but for someone with bigger hands it is dream

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
The question is, do you want a soft, medium or hard rubber. 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2 or max?

FYI, my most lightest blade was a Andro Temper Tech ALL+ from 75gr.

Light and fast rubbers are:
Andro Plasma 470 (and almost all other Andro rubbers!)
Gewo Hype EL pro 40
Nittaku Hammond (and Z2)
Palio AK 47 REd (like wrote above)
Im sort of new to this sport. My rubbers are 2.0 I believe but have no idea what thickness would suit me. I am an all around offensive player. The forehand rubber on my batter is hard rubber and the backhand is soft, not sure how this affects play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Recently I bought an Andro Kanter Off just because it weighs 68g. Lovely blade with a perfect balance , very fast and easy to play with. I only wish the handle wasn't that bulky, but for someone with bigger hands it is dream
I was just about to say Kanter is super light and in the 60s

Reactions: Kolev