Looking for rubbers with medium hardness and good control

My Girlfriend uses a Peter Korbel with Fastarc G1 on both sides !!! She has been training for 2 years and is going from strength to Strength!!!! We train 3 times a week at Draycott and twice at my flat where I'm lucky enough to have my own table!!! She as hooked as I am now !!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Your experience also fully confirms my experience. Indeed, this control over the game is difficult to describe, but it is there 🙂 - with this rubber, I hit the table more and more accurately. At the expense of the Barracuda, for its time and a celluloid ball, it was a very wear-resistant and tenacious rubber, which I played for quite a long time on the backhand. Just the other day in the club I exchanged rackets with a friend who had two new Barracudas and I couldn't wait for him to return my racket to me 😁. Apparently there is a discrepancy between this rubber and the new plastic ball DHS Dj 40+
I am glad we agree. The directness of G-1 is unique, compared to other tensor rubber such as EL-S, Rakza series, Tenergy fx series and Barracuda. I like the Rakza series too but it is just not the same.

Both C-1 and G-1 are great. G-1 is hard and fast, but not chinese rubber hard. It is fast, but not Tenergy fast. I really enjoy it on my backhand.

I could not stand Barracuda. Like I said I bought one new maybe 2 years ago in the middle of COVID. Played with it on my backhand for 10 minutes and just ripped it off and gave it to a club mate for free.

G-1 just gives me the confidence that I can push the ball and block the ball as hard as I want and I trust the ball will go wherever I want it to go.

I have put G-1 on all sorts of paddle including Tibhar Stratus Power Wood and recently Tibhar Fortino Performance. It is clearly a bit faster on the Fortino than the Power Wood but still managable. I just recently put it on DHS Bo carbon. I have not tested it out yet. But I am sure G-1 works well with any blade.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
My Girlfriend uses a Peter Korbel with Fastarc G1 on both sides !!! She has been training for 2 years and is going from strength to Strength!!!! We train 3 times a week at Draycott and twice at my flat where I'm lucky enough to have my own table!!! She as hooked as I am now !!!!
Peter Korbel with Fastarc G-1 on both sides sound like a great set-up! For me, if people want a bit slower and softer sponge, and yet able to spin, then C-1 is great choice. Then eventually if their playing level goes up and wants something faster and harder, then go to G-1. You can also play with the sponge thickness a bit too. Nittaku has done a great job with the Fastarc series. And they are really really durable.

Reactions: Draycott old man
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I second G1. Similarly I have tried Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, EL-S, Barracuda, Tenergy 05 fx, 64 fx, etc. I have gone back to G1 at the end.

I really like the Rakza X on my BH now, much more than H8-80 H37. But even before I put it on, I was set to try the G1. I'll need to replace it soon, but I like it so much that I now question my earlier decision. I'll probably go for the G1 anyways, since the next season is far away... Can you hilite the differences?

Sorry for hijacking to OP...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I really like the Rakza X on my BH now, much more than H8-80 H37. But even before I put it on, I was set to try the G1. I'll need to replace it soon, but I like it so much that I now question my earlier decision. I'll probably go for the G1 anyways, since the next season is far away... Can you hilite the differences?

Sorry for hijacking to OP...
I did not try Rakza X for long. I tried Rakza 7 for longer. I think both Rakza X and G-1 are good rubbers. If you have the money why not buy both? Also there is no shame to find someone with G-1 in your club and ask to hit with their blade for a while. G-1 last very long. As I recall Razka series also last very long. Both are good choices. I am not as big of a fan for the Evolution series because they are not that grippy to start off with and they lose that grippiness fast too. The Fastarc and Rakza series seem to retain that grippiness for a long time which is a good thing. I have ripped off my G-1 and put on my older blade and they do last.

This user has no status.
Peter Korbel with Fastarc G-1 on both sides sound like a great set-up! For me, if people want a bit slower and softer sponge, and yet able to spin, then C-1 is great choice. Then eventually if their playing level goes up and wants something faster and harder, then go to G-1. You can also play with the sponge thickness a bit too. Nittaku has done a great job with the Fastarc series. And they are really really durable.
Korbel made in Japan is on my wishlist. I used to love my Primorac and when I tried the Japanese manufacturing I was amazed how better it was.

Initially I was almost all-in for the Nittaku Septear Lead. I asked with this thread medium rubbers planning for that blade. It would have been a bet because I'm new into Hinoki.

Few days ago I tried a Butterfly Power 7 and holy moly... what a blade! I currently use Yasaka Sweden Extra with very soft rubbers. I tried that blade with Omega VII Euro and the feeling of control was superb. My blade in comparison is an uncontrollable piece of garbage.

Unfortunately Power 7 is discontinued like almost any other koto-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-koto blade. I think Xiom Solo could pretty much replicate that feeling and Omega VII Euro seems to be a great rubber when I tried it on such setup. After all the messages here I'd like to try G-1 and Aurus as they sound to be same or better at cheaper cost.

Problem is that Butterfly blades are from another planet and Korbel JP could likely be the choice instead of the less known Xiom Solo even if I wanted Koto-feeling. Will see!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
In Stiga sponsored clubs in Sweden they recommend Stiga DNA Platinum M (2,1mm) on both sides for developing players on a 5-ply All+ blade. Beginners use Stiga DNA Future insted. Rakza 7 is popular aswell but Stigas DNA Platinum is better in my opinion.
Stiga DNA Pro M is in between and really the best option, the Platinum M has less control for the same hardness. The Pro versions are really enough in most cases.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Keen tactile response is the key. 1.8 mm sponge is the optimum in every aspect. Not easy to obtain, though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello, could you advise inverted rubbers with medium hardness and very good control for a developing offensive player? I was thinking to mount these on a Nittaku Septear Lead that is a little bit lighter than usual woods, so avoid super heavy rubbers but weight wouldn't be a top priority in my choice. Thanks for your advices!
Rozena, fastarc g1, donic baracuda, acuda s2

Reactions: Migzkulit
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
G1 2.0mm on FH and Aurus 1.9mm on BH for my new Joola Rossi Emotion. Both of them are great in their own way. I'm very happy with the purchase. Thanks for suggesting these 2 rubbers.
I’m very happy for you and for myself too, because my advice made someone at least a little happier!
I haven't tried Aurus. If possible, tell us your feelings and differences from G1.

This user has no status.
I’m very happy for you and for myself too, because my advice made someone at least a little happier!
I haven't tried Aurus. If possible, tell us your feelings and differences from G1.
I've tried just a couple of sessions and at first it seems to me they are both good in two totally different ways. I would say g1 is spinner and faster, less controlled but still easy to handle. I like how I can now attack my buddy's serves safely. I always had to short push them, but now I feel much more confident to attack whenever possible. Lifting the ball is easy and the amount of spin you get is insane compared to the soft rubbers I used to play with. I have the Aurus on the BH and has a nice controlled feeling also on short pushes. I need to use more this rubber to understand better, I can't say what is good, but I can say it feels very good. I found myself thinking "I'm using BH a lot more than before" at least twice during my sessions. I guess it's the good balance between speed, spin and control. The outcome of the strokes is satisfying in their consistency, nothing is extreme in this rubber except it's extremely satisfying. I believe this is overall a good setup for improving my game. My soft rubbers were pushing me towards safe play and half strength hits, I remember I was much more aggressive when I used Vega X. This is why I wanted to go back to mid-hard sponges. Also the JRE made me wonder why people says carbon is not suggested to beginners. The blade has a good feeling, I didn't feel the change from 5ply all wood, even when I play on the table. Blade is very well finished and handle is very comfortable at first, although on the long run I figured out it is a little larger than my previous ones. My hand is smaller than the average. I feel like I need to get used with the thicker handle but overall it's comfortable enough.

Last edited:
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Aurus is steadier, less grabby than G1. They are reasonably similar IMO but G1 has the edge in making spin and has a higher arc, whereas Aurus is less spin-sensitive and more stable in block/counter.

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
At my club there is a married couple playing more than 50 years together. 😃