Looking for rubbers with medium hardness and good control

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Lots of people has only good words for this rubber. I'm a bit afraid because I have an FX-S on my Yasaka Sweden Extra and I found this rubber uncontrollable (because too sensitive to spin) and very sensitive to humidity. Overall my experience with Tibhar rubbers is really poor.
Evolution rubbers belong to a much newer generation of ESN rubber, Aurus is more in line with rubbers like Vega Pro, Hexer, Baracuda.

Reactions: Trevize84
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Aurus is not all that sensitive to spin with age... and age it has. I get maybe 100 hours of play out of Tenergy. 200 hours out of FX-S or FX-P. I get a minimum of 300 hours out of Aurus.

In Korea, when I ditched my Aurus after 300 hours of play, my Korean friend in the club would take it and use it another 300 hours before he ditched it for another 300 hr used sheet of Aurus.

He played strong Div 4 city and was probably in the top 30-35% of the players.

This user has no status.
Aurus is not all that sensitive to spin with age... and age it has. I get maybe 100 hours of play out of Tenergy. 200 hours out of FX-S or FX-P. I get a minimum of 300 hours out of Aurus.

In Korea, when I ditched my Aurus after 300 hours of play, my Korean friend in the club would take it and use it another 300 hours before he ditched it for another 300 hr used sheet of Aurus.

He played strong Div 4 city and was probably in the top 30-35% of the players.

You mentioned Aurus, I reckon you meant Aurus Prime, is that correct? Or are you talking about a different model?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Fastarc G1 is an incredibly control rubber, the numbers showing the characteristics of the rubber in the revspin do not really represent this control. I played with many rubbers on my backhand - Rakza 7/Z/X, Vega Pro/Asia, Barracuda, Focus 3 Snipe, Mercury2, Moon1/speed, Jupiter 2/ 3 in different stiffness, Gold Ark 5/ 8 and maybe something else that I don't remember. So, among all these rubbers, in my opinion, Fastarc G1 has the greatest control.

This user has no status.
Fastarc G1 is an incredibly control rubber, the numbers showing the characteristics of the rubber in the revspin do not really represent this control. I played with many rubbers on my backhand - Rakza 7/Z/X, Vega Pro/Asia, Barracuda, Focus 3 Snipe, Mercury2, Moon1/speed, Jupiter 2/ 3 in different stiffness, Gold Ark 5/ 8 and maybe something else that I don't remember. So, among all these rubbers, in my opinion, Fastarc G1 has the greatest control.
May I ask what blade suited G1 well for you?

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
I would suggest getting a pair of Victas Ventus Stiff - it is 45° hard, but the rubber topsheet is rather firm, somewhat similar to the topsheets seen on Nittaku Fastarc C-1 or G-1, so it feels a bit harder and more precise.
It also has a very good price/performance and does not seem to be heavily boosted, so it will last for a long time (my sheets didn't shrink for about 4 months since I glued them). I have VVS on a Yinhe T8S blade, and it works very well for that.
Your blade choice seems to be a good candidate, as it should be somewhat more flexible than T8S, and would still be offensive enough. The cut rubber weighs about 46g per side with maximum sponge thickness (I'd suggest the same for you).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I second G1. Similarly I have tried Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, EL-S, Barracuda, Tenergy 05 fx, 64 fx, etc. I have gone back to G1 at the end.

Out of them, Tenergy 05 fx and 64 fx are just too fast but I still liked them. I hated hated Barracuda.

If you are concerned, you can start with C-1 first and then graduate into G-1 later. G-1 is just slightly faster than C-1.

G-1 also lasts like forever. Literally you can slap it onto your old blades and play with it for another 2-3 years.

G-1 has been around forever. It is not one of the new tensors. But I love it.

Look, Mark V and Sriver were popular for decades until speed glue ban and 40+ mm balls killed both of them.

Some rubbers are just made well and stand the test of time.

G-1 is one. Some people swear by MX-P (but top sheet loses grip faster). Some people still love their Tenergy and have no desire to "upgrade" to Dignic. Now, Barracuda is also a classic early tensor rubber that many many people like. I just hated the high arc it produced. I felt "no control" whatsoever when I used Barracude. To me, G-1 just feels so direct; it is hard to describe. I mean compared to my forehand rubber, H3 neo boosted, there is no doubt there is the catapult effects on the G-1 side especially when I have both types of rubber on my blade. However, G-1 has this controlled catapult effects that is hard to describe. Where I want the ball to go with G-1, the ball goes there. When I want to push, it is reall easy to generate spins with G-1 and create a nice deep spinny push with lots of backspins. I could not do that with either Tenergy 05 fx or Tenergy 64 fx. It always felt like I had to hold something back with Tenergy, or else I would push the ball off the table, easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I second G1. Similarly I have tried Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, EL-S, Barracuda, Tenergy 05 fx, 64 fx, etc. I have gone back to G1 at the end.

Out of them, Tenergy 05 fx and 64 fx are just too fast but I still liked them. I hated hated Barracuda.

If you are concerned, you can start with C-1 first and then graduate into G-1 later. G-1 is just slightly faster than C-1.

G-1 also lasts like forever. Literally you can slap it onto your old blades and play with it for another 2-3 years.

Look, Mark V and Sriver were popular for decades until speed glue ban and 40+ mm balls killed both of them.

G-1 is one. Some people swear by MX-P (but top sheet loses grip faster). Some people still love their Tenergy and have no desire to "upgrade" to Dignic. Now, Barracuda is also a classic early tensor rubber that many many people like. I just hated the high arc it produced. I felt "no control" whatsoever when I used Barracude. To me, G-1 just feels so direct; it is hard to describe. I mean compared to my forehand rubber, H3 neo boosted, there is no doubt there is the catapult effects on the G-1 side especially when I have both types of rubber on my blade. However, G-1 has this controlled catapult effects that is hard to describe. Where I want the ball to go with G-1, the ball goes there. When I want to push, it is reall easy to generate spins with G-1 and create a nice deep spinny push with lots of backspins. I could not do that with either Tenergy 05 fx or Tenergy 64 fx. It always felt like I had to hold something back with Tenergy, or else I would push the ball off the table, easily.
Your experience also fully confirms my experience. Indeed, this control over the game is difficult to describe, but it is there 🙂 - with this rubber, I hit the table more and more accurately. At the expense of the Barracuda, for its time and a celluloid ball, it was a very wear-resistant and tenacious rubber, which I played for quite a long time on the backhand. Just the other day in the club I exchanged rackets with a friend who had two new Barracudas and I couldn't wait for him to return my racket to me 😁. Apparently there is a discrepancy between this rubber and the new plastic ball DHS Dj 40+

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

By the way, what kind of blade do you use the G1 on?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Trevize84
If you choose Fastarc G1, then take into account the fact that this rubber does not start playing right away. After applying it, it feels stiff, it needs to be "run in" a couple of workouts. To speed up this process, you can work with forehand
P S We are probably the same age as you, since I was born in 1984

This user has no status.
Trevize84
If you choose Fastarc G1, then take into account the fact that this rubber does not start playing right away. After applying it, it feels stiff, it needs to be "run in" a couple of workouts. To speed up this process, you can work with forehand
P S We are probably the same age as you, since I was born in 1984
Right, 84 but I wish I didn't start to play this sport only 30 years after!