Malong's new blade?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I agree that Hurricane and Skyline are better rubbers for forehand than backhand. Also, for some reason with DHS rubbers, a black topsheet plays better than red. As far as the blue sponge, I don't know. I have heard a few different things about them but I am not sure what to believe since I have not played with them.

Last edited:
says does somebody knoms whats the melody at 2:38 ...
says does somebody knoms whats the melody at 2:38 ...
Feb 2011
the black rubber is Neo Skyline 3 ...
an the backhand is ja Tenergy 05

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I remember reading an article that Ma Long had some trouble with sponsorship so he just put a different handle on a different blade. I think butterfly wanted to sponsor him and he declined not wanting to take any light away from ZJK. And I believe he has the same blade but with different handle. Not too sure about all the details, but I remember there being a huge debate.

As far as price goes. The Timo series costs so much because it's got Timo's endorsement. The name is what drives the price up not the quality. I know for a fact that when Chen Qi and Hao Shuai were using blades from China the prices jumped up from 16-28 USD retail to 50+ USD. So you can imagine how little it costs them to make, but how endorsing the product can drive the price. The same goes for Tenergy. It was originally 35 when it first came out and within 6 months and after Timo and the Japanese team endorsed it, it grew 45 in a month and 75 within a year. That's just in the US. I've heard it's ridiculous in Europe.

This user has no status.
I remember reading an article that Ma Long had some trouble with sponsorship so he just put a different handle on a different blade. I think butterfly wanted to sponsor him and he declined not wanting to take any light away from ZJK. And I believe he has the same blade but with different handle. Not too sure about all the details, but I remember there being a huge debate.

As far as price goes. The Timo series costs so much because it's got Timo's endorsement. The name is what drives the price up not the quality. I know for a fact that when Chen Qi and Hao Shuai were using blades from China the prices jumped up from 16-28 USD retail to 50+ USD. So you can imagine how little it costs them to make, but how endorsing the product can drive the price. The same goes for Tenergy. It was originally 35 when it first came out and within 6 months and after Timo and the Japanese team endorsed it, it grew 45 in a month and 75 within a year. That's just in the US. I've heard it's ridiculous in Europe.

It costs 57 euro's here... insane :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Я уже месяц этим основанием играю могу обзор написать только на русском.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ma long use neither pg 3 or 7. It's a custom made dhs blade:)

In one of the videos from the Pro Tour Grand Finals I saw Ma Long's blade handle and I did not recognize it. It definitely was not a butterfly and it definitely was not one of those blades listed at the beginning of this thread. So this might make sense because it did look like it could be a DHS handle but none that I could recognize.

This user has no status.
hey guys watch this
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45261&PID=562018
you just scroll it almost to the end part,I am so sorry I cant upload the image cause it is so big so you just go to the link.
As you can see it is not just an ordinary PG7 as you can see the color of the handle is of the PG7 but watch it closely in the tag in the middle of the handle you can see it is a PG3 because of the "3' in the handle.

I agree with brother Judah...
It is indeed stated at the lower part of the name plate of the blade (the reddish part below DHS) the number " 3 ".
BTW nice find brother Judah

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Talked with a friend who personally knows ma long here in china. He said ma long recently changed blades to a new DHS product that has not yet been released to the public. It should come out this year some time. Supposedly since he switched paddles he has had much success (from the ALC to the new DHS paddle).

and yes he's using skyline 3 blue sponge on the forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Talked with a friend who personally knows ma long here in china. He said ma long recently changed blades to a new DHS product that has not yet been released to the public. It should come out this year some time. Supposedly since he switched paddles he has had much success (from the ALC to the new DHS paddle).

and yes he's using skyline 3 blue sponge on the forehand.

A bit hard to believe that Ma Long's success is caused by new equipment.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A bit hard to believe that Ma Long's success is caused by new equipment.

It might not be the blade but there is no question that, the first tournament he won, was the first tournament he was no longer using a Butterfly blade. And since then he has not lost so far.