Maybe I don't need this many rubbers...

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
This is an example how to use that many rubbers at the same time

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-27-16-54-02-36_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-27-16-54-02-36_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Omg lol that's one impressive collection! Now I don't feel bad about my impulse Harimoto ALC purchase 😂
Harimoto ALC is probably more expensive than all the Chinese rubbers in the photo combined😂

Jan 2023
O my god I thought I was EJing too much but after seeing THIS I felt bad. Call an ambulance 🚑🤣
Maybe we should make a thread "Share your EJ collection photo"
I will try to spend enough time with each rubber so I am not really wasting it. But it would take 2 years🤣

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am open to suggestions... :D
I have a lot more rubbers than you but what I did is buy many different types. SP, MP, LP ( ox and chopping ) then many different types of inverted from japanese, chinese antis to german frictionless antis, reflectoid, submariine to T05.

I learned how they play. I wanted to find a rubber to fit my style but what I found is that I chose a rubber to fit my mood for the day. I did find some rubbers to have no redeeming qualities. In the end the specifications don't matter. It is a preference. Also, I finally started to ask the questions "what can I do with this rubber that I can't with anohter?"

From what I see you your collection there isn't much that one rubber can do that another can't. You may need a different stroke to do exactly the same thing but they all can pretty much do the same thing.

Reactions: damszelfly
Jan 2023
I have a lot more rubbers than you but what I did is buy many different types. SP, MP, LP ( ox and chopping ) then many different types of inverted from japanese, chinese antis to german frictionless antis, reflectoid, submariine to T05.

I learned how they play. I wanted to find a rubber to fit my style but what I found is that I chose a rubber to fit my mood for the day. I did find some rubbers to have no redeeming qualities. In the end the specifications don't matter. It is a preference. Also, I finally started to ask the questions "what can I do with this rubber that I can't with anohter?"

From what I see you your collection there isn't much that one rubber can do that another can't. You may need a different stroke to do exactly the same thing but they all can pretty much do the same thing.
I am passed that phase. Tried SP on FH for a year, didn't work. Double inverted with topspin is the laziest and I'm sticking with that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am passed that phase. Tried SP on FH for a year, didn't work. Double inverted with topspin is the laziest and I'm sticking with that.
Good, switching all the time doesn't help your consistency. However, your collection of rubber isn't varied by that much.

Eventually I/we settled on Rakza 7 because we got good deals from tabletennis11 but now they have cancelled the by 4 for the price of 3 deal :( Rasanter 48 is about the same. Xion Vega Pro is a little slower but still similar and good.
I am just sticking with Rakza 7 since there is nothing I can do with other inverted that I can do with Rakza 7 at a better price.

Jan 2023
Good, switching all the time doesn't help your consistency. However, your collection of rubber isn't varied by that much.

Eventually I/we settled on Rakza 7 because we got good deals from tabletennis11 but now they have cancelled the by 4 for the price of 3 deal :( Rasanter 48 is about the same. Xion Vega Pro is a little slower but still similar and good.
I am just sticking with Rakza 7 since there is nothing I can do with other inverted that I can do with Rakza 7 at a better price.
They still have other rakzas and some fastarcs for the buy 3 get 4 deal. Or you can order 7 or sheets of Rakza 7 to get the 25% off :D

This user has no status.
Do you really like the 729 dragons? Are they very good in your opinion?
This is what I want to find out relatively soon. I will put them on 7 ply all-wood blades with hard top ply (e.g. Palio Way 002, Yinhe Uranus U2 or 729 Rose 7), then evaluate.
Another direction of rubber choices I make is to get pips out rubbers from various sources. I have found a few very interesting ones. Unfortunately for example, Kokutaku 110 is not ITTF validated anymore, but I still like using it - it has a very thick (directly comparable to H3Neo rubbers with 2.2 thickness) and hard (manufacturer said it is 35-38°chn, I think it is close to the latter) sponge underneath the cylindrical medium pips rubber topsheet (DMS Shockwave is what I hope, that can replace it in some ways). Kokutaku 110 is a bit dampened on low force strokes, but has a lot of gears, so it was like an etalon for me, when I discovered and tried.
Yinhe Neptune has already proven its usefulness on a Palio Chop No. 1 blade, but I want to try it on a normal sized, Off rated blade as well.
DHS Cloud and Fog III is something they say like an "attacking" long pip, made me very curious.
Yinhe Pluto has some resemblance to 729 563 Pro version for the 40% price of the latter (an advanced variant released long before "563 SP Legend"), sponge seems to be somewhat thicker, but definitely short of Kokutaku 110's sponge thickness.
Not in the image, but i also tried Meteor 71-2, which has a fairly slow sponge, but a very dense conical short-to-medium pip array, making mixing up opponent's rhythm and deceptive shots a real possibility.
I am also curious about the grippy pip heads of DMS Flashback (I have already tried Rebellion, but Spinlord Defender II blade is a bit too flexy for me, so I will go with something stiffer).
Victas 402 DE is my go-to rubber to be used on the pips in side of combination rackets.
So maybe I also getting a bit way too deep into EJ-ing, but from time to time, I come to interesting findings - and trying and adjusting to different configs are entertaining for me, helps with thinking about swing technique.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng and hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Dandoy still has Rakza 7 on a 4 for 3 deal. Check it out. Their Xiom Vega X is also very very cheap. It has been on constantly promotion for a while. I know some people say Vega X is crap but Vega Pro is much better. I have tried Vega X and Vega Europe. I have not gotten around to get a sheet of Vega Pro yet.

This user has no status.
Do you really like the 729 dragons? Are they very good in your opinion?

Now I had a test session with Pro Dragon L (mid-soft). Mid-soft sponge actually feels at least 45°eu (~36˚chn), the topsheet feels somewhat even harder, but with good elasticity. I fitted a pair on an oddball 729/Friendship Z-1 blade (this specimen had a bounce frequency of 1491Hz, weighed 86g - others are more than 100Hz less on average), which is a Limba-Spruce-Ayous blade.

The rubber definitely needs activation in order to attack (I am curious, whether this slight dampening effect will persist over the lifetime of the rubber, or it will become significantly less dampening), it is less suitable for players favouring short arm movements, but the sponge has a lots of gears surprisingly. Because of the harder topsheet, outer-reinforced blades would not be the best choice to use with it - my practice partner complained he had great difficulties receiving my balls when I used longer swings, my topspin attacks and chops were equally dangerous.
If the dampening will somewhat get reduced, this rubber can be a good backhand rubber, but in the first hour with it, I needed to be a bit more cautious on my backhand.

Reactions: Fnub and hclnnkhg
Jan 2023
Now I had a test session with Pro Dragon L (mid-soft). Mid-soft sponge actually feels at least 45°eu (~36˚chn), the topsheet feels somewhat even harder, but with good elasticity. I fitted a pair on an oddball 729/Friendship Z-1 blade (this specimen had a bounce frequency of 1491Hz, weighed 86g - others are more than 100Hz less on average), which is a Limba-Spruce-Ayous blade.

The rubber definitely needs activation in order to attack (I am curious, whether this slight dampening effect will persist over the lifetime of the rubber, or it will become significantly less dampening), it is less suitable for players favouring short arm movements, but the sponge has a lots of gears surprisingly. Because of the harder topsheet, outer-reinforced blades would not be the best choice to use with it - my practice partner complained he had great difficulties receiving my balls when I used longer swings, my topspin attacks and chops were equally dangerous.
If the dampening will somewhat get reduced, this rubber can be a good backhand rubber, but in the first hour with it, I needed to be a bit more cautious on my backhand.
thanks for your review, I think I will skip this one. Im not a big fan of hard topsheet soft sponge combo.

This user has no status.
thanks for your review, I think I will skip this one. Im not a big fan of hard topsheet soft sponge combo.
Just a quick follow-up: I re-tested this setup, and the sponge of the Pro Dragon F now completely lacks the dampening, which I mentioned after my previous test session. Now it is a good backhand rubber in classic terms, but now it plays largely differently. I was able to time/speed pressure my opponent with relative ease, also the direction and distance of the placement was fairly easy to calculate. Applied spin now dropped from 'spectacular' to just 'average' and sometimes 'good'.

Reactions: hclnnkhg