Mizuno shoes

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Lucky I'm in HK, table tennis shops are very common here. Somehow found Mizuno shoes to have harder, heavier soles, particularly the neon blue Wave Drive Neos, and less breathability compared to butterfly ones. Butterfly shoes have this comfy, bouncy feel on the soles, maybe because of the layer of sponge they put on the top? Anyone else have any good tt shoes that are comfy and bouncy? I have no budgets.
The new Wave Drive 9's are much lighter than the others and more breathable too, they're my favorite TT shoes I've had so far. I didn't care much for the 8's and preferred the 6's and 7's. The Butterfly Lezoline Rifones were pretty good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
The new Wave Drive 9's are much lighter than the others and more breathable too, they're my favorite TT shoes I've had so far. I didn't care much for the 8's and preferred the 6's and 7's. The Butterfly Lezoline Rifones were pretty good.
Butterfly Lezoline Rifones are good, but they cost like 50% more than other comparable shoes. Just sold two pairs of my old Rifones to clubmates, and they love them. I'm wearing Mizuno Wave Drive Neo2, and considering buying the Neo3. Or maybe I'll try the Butterfly Lezoline Gigu, since it has a really funny name lol

This user has no status.
How do the Wave Drive 9's fit compared to Wave Drive 8's? Planning on buying the Wave Drive 9 from tt-japan.

They fit bigger. I usually get a size 29 and I will probably buy another pair to size down to a 28.5 and sell my 29's

They fit bigger. I usually get a size 29 and I will probably buy another pair to size down to a 28.5 and sell my 29's.
So there's no misunderstanding, if I normally take a size 9.5 US equivalent to 27.5 Japanese, what size do you recommend I order for the wave drive 9? 27 or 26.5?
Anyone else know from experience as well?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Anyone know the sizing for the Wave Medal SP4 (same as Wave Medal Rise)? They are ugly as sin but I've heard great things about the BOA lace system.
Wave medals are sized large as well. I have a Wave Medal 6 and I have 40.5EUR, which is 8 in US, 7 UK and 26cm in JP. It's okay but I think 25.5cm would be snugger while normally 26 is pretty snug. Always look at the JP sizing in CM, but that is general advice on all shoes.

The BOA lacing is awesome.

I’d say 27.
My old Mizuno's (25 yrs old) fit perfect and have a tag with 27.5 jap and size 9 US.
I spoke to a friend that has wave 7 and suggests using the jap size 27.5 and ignore the US and euro sizes since those appear to be the ones that are not accurate. I do normally take 9.5 US, so I think he might be right.
Thank you.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
My old Mizuno's (25 yrs old) fit perfect and have a tag with 27.5 jap and size 9 US.
I spoke to a friend that has wave 7 and suggests using the jap size 27.5 and ignore the US and euro sizes since those appear to be the ones that are not accurate. I do normally take 9.5 US, so I think he might be right.
Thank you.
I always get a size 29 for Mizuno and Asics regardless of anything else, but the WD 9's are very big on me, so I'll have to get a 28.5 eventually/

Reactions: Marc